The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Balance Uppercut

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the reasons in the 🌎 aint going to change the fact that scrubs have been getting carried by DS for way to long time to get good or give up eazy as that zerglings go home where done here

You mean for like one patch? Not many people used it before the cast time came down and the alternatives were nerfed.

If you cut down the hedge, the tree will always look bigger.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the reasons in the 🌎 aint going to change the fact that scrubs have been getting carried by DS for way to long time to get good or give up eazy as that zerglings go home where done here

You mean for like one patch? Not many people used it before the cast time came down and the alternatives were nerfed.

If you cut down the hedge, the tree will always look bigger.

from the beginning of this game theres always been dizzy spammers just like theres been snipe spammers yes landing the dizzy was the skilled part due to cast time of it but when 2 or 3 are spamming it on top of 1 player they was bound to land 1 and rip that player with 4 others or they just worked it in with s&b STUN to cc *** you to death so as i said this tactic of cc *** players came about lot longer then the new dizzy cast time and its good that another spamable skill is getting its stun removed now if they could FIX lag to get other skills snipe in general to work right game would be going in an good Direction but I will agree until it's all done and said with and everything is fixed correctly there is still problems but the removal of the stun from dizzy ain't one of them it brings more skilled gameplay into the game the way they are setting it up and that's a good thing
    And i use the skill on 4 of my 16 toons AND WELCOME THE CHANGE
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 14, 2019 9:00AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh this again? If 5 people spam their skills on me while I don't LoS and someone get's a stun through I will probably die, no matter if it's dizzy or not.

Good thing you didn't used any of the alternatives to dizzy on 1/4 of your classes. Maybe it's so because they are all bad skills? And yes, there was a time long ago where wrecking blow was spammed. How long ago was that? Why didn't everyone bothered to use Dizzy in between? But good jobignoring the point of my previous post.

And I know your opinion is settled and you revert calling people unskilled zerglings for not wanting the last good spam getting nerfed.

Funnily enough we had this conversation a couple of times now and you still don't understand that it's not the stun removal but the damage decrease that really irks me.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it is overbuffed. But how would the zergsters know that Off balance heavy attacks are dealing 75% more damage and restore 100% more resources.... oh well.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh this again? If 5 people spam their skills on me while I don't LoS and someone get's a stun through I will probably die, no matter if it's dizzy or not.

Good thing you didn't used any of the alternatives to dizzy on 1/4 of your classes. Maybe it's so because they are all bad skills? And yes, there was a time long ago where wrecking blow was spammed. How long ago was that? Why didn't everyone bothered to use Dizzy in between? But good jobignoring the point of my previous post.

And I know your opinion is settled and you revert calling people unskilled zerglings for not wanting the last good spam getting nerfed.

Funnily enough we had this conversation a couple of times now and you still don't understand that it's not the stun removal but the damage decrease that really irks me.

If it wasn't an daily issue that 4 or more players zerg down 1 player all spamming ds or an cc to get that kill i wouldn't say L2P but when its the case im going to call it like i see it and lots of skilled players have tried giving feedback that shows this change aint as bad when an skilled player is using it its the 1s trying to keep it that are the zerglings because they cant play without it to the point of calling it quits over 1 skill being changed
    And the reason my OTHER toons dont use skill is because 1) their magic or 2) an REAL pve tank. So nice try on that but dizzy on an magic would real hit like *** but the STUN might had been nice if i NEEDED IT and i dont
    And for the damage if its lower then any other weapon spamable then yes it needs to be put in line or an lil less due to 2nd affect of skill it has already but this WHOLE UP RISING over change has been THE REMOVAL OF THE STUN. Not its damage so maybe get the 2h community together to ask for its DAMAGE to be looked at while accepting the removal that might help its case better
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fnkqm8nwv9o9.jpg
    There you GO my 2h beast and look what she runs 😆 so as i said i welcome the change
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dizzy swing can’t always be rolled, blocked, not even los I have been hit while rolling and taken full damage through my block before. Some of you guys talk about balance you nerf nb stupid removed major fracture from SA because you said it was over performing but you think it’s fair for dizzy swing to have a stupid amount of damage with cc and while in air stun you can freely follow it up with warden sub assault db or 2 h ultimate this is just an example of what can happen while stun you can’t react while in the air.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dizzy swing can’t always be rolled, blocked, not even los I have been hit while rolling and taken full damage through my block before. Some of you guys talk about balance you nerf nb stupid removed major fracture from SA because you said it was over performing but you think it’s fair for dizzy swing to have a stupid amount of damage with cc and while in air stun you can freely follow it up with warden sub assault db or 2 h ultimate this is just an example of what can happen while stun you can’t react while in the air.

I hit an good 85% of my dizzy's when i load them up on someone deserving of them 😃
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hit an good 85% of my dizzy's when i load them up on someone deserving of them 😃
    A lot of players are very deserving of it and oh it is satisfying lmao 😂
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Demra wrote: »
    Azramel wrote: »
    Dizzy was fine a couple patches ago with the 1 second cast. Not nearly as many people used it until they dropped the cast to .8 sec.

You need to take into account not only the lack of a stun now, but also the lack of a snare within the weapon line. It literally has no lock down mechanics. Those are required on an easy to see comin, easy to avoid attack. If they ever raise the cast time they need to reintroduce those back to the weapon line.

As it is now, they should at least give 2h the snare back. Presently, its the only offensive weapon line with no option for a snare.

Just hit him with a medium weave or even a heavy attack and you got your stun back are is it to skill full

No, but if the enemey has trouble avoiding ds they are either lagging badly or new. Meanwhile the ds player is left open during the cast and the slow medium attack without option to block or dodge on a stamina class. and for what? Damage isnt that great anymore just barely to compensate if you keep hitting with the skill which chances you're not (i am talking about fighting competent players) and Off balance in no cp is meh. What are the benefits of this skill. That nobody will call you scrub no more? Won't happend as you can see there are players here with very short memory of no more than 2 patches.

I find it hard to find value in the argument that DS is hard to hit, or only hits lesser skilled players, with the 0.8s cast time.

It's a 7m range skill, so backing up will not work most of the time. The common tactic of walking through the caster would only work if almost standing in their character model in the first place.

Blocking works, but that isn't a long term solution unless built to sustain block, as the DS can be, and will be spammed.

The only real skill factor from the caster is keeping their mouse on target for 0.8s, which isn't that difficult.

In addition to the above, the fact remains that ZoS has removed all stuns from high burst, non-ultimate skills. This is a good thing in a game with no cds. Actively choosing when to stun is true skillful gameplay, instead of setting debuffs and spamming a single skill with no thought because you know a stun is attached anyway.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy was fine a couple patches ago with the 1 second cast. Not nearly as many people used it until they dropped the cast to .8 sec.

You need to take into account not only the lack of a stun now, but also the lack of a snare within the weapon line. It literally has no lock down mechanics. Those are required on an easy to see comin, easy to avoid attack. If they ever raise the cast time they need to reintroduce those back to the weapon line.

As it is now, they should at least give 2h the snare back. Presently, its the only offensive weapon line with no option for a snare.

Just hit him with a medium weave or even a heavy attack and you got your stun back are is it to skill full

No, but if the enemey has trouble avoiding ds they are either lagging badly or new. Meanwhile the ds player is left open during the cast and the slow medium attack without option to block or dodge on a stamina class. and for what? Damage isnt that great anymore just barely to compensate if you keep hitting with the skill which chances you're not (i am talking about fighting competent players) and Off balance in no cp is meh. What are the benefits of this skill. That nobody will call you scrub no more? Won't happend as you can see there are players here with very short memory of no more than 2 patches.

I find it hard to find value in the argument that DS is hard to hit, or only hits lesser skilled players, with the 0.8s cast time.

It's a 7m range skill, so backing up will not work most of the time. The common tactic of walking through the caster would only work if almost standing in their character model in the first place.

Blocking works, but that isn't a long term solution unless built to sustain block, as the DS can be, and will be spammed.

The only real skill factor from the caster is keeping their mouse on target for 0.8s, which isn't that difficult.

In addition to the above, the fact remains that ZoS has removed all stuns from high burst, non-ultimate skills. This is a good thing in a game with no cds. Actively choosing when to stun is true skillful gameplay, instead of setting debuffs and spamming a single skill with no thought because you know a stun is attached anyway.

I was mostly referring to how it was before the 0.8 cast time. I will not argue that is over performing at its current state and that everybody is running it. But that wasn't a case just 2 patches ago. I had some of the best duals fighting other ds users as it felt dangerous and avoiding it made me feel skilled. It was like a dance.

I don't think the lack of stun is such a problem. Its the nerf of damage on top of the extra cast time required to swing a heavy attack that leaves you open to hits whats bothering me. Requires to build for endurence and the damage doesnt comensate.

Zos keeps over buffing stuff just to destroy them the next patch is getting old. And what sometimes frustrates me is when the community totally onboard with the heavy nerfs to certain playstyles that were not bis just not long ago.

But idk. Maybe the new ds will be totally fine both in cp and no cp, console or pc, and nobody will no longer feel like its a cheesy skill of the zergling. I might be just over attached here.

Edited by Demra on October 14, 2019 6:11PM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

I was mostly referring to how it was before the 0.8 cast time. I will not argue that is over performing at its current state and that everybody is running it. But that wasn't a case just 2 patches ago. I had some of the best duals fighting other ds users as it felt dangerous and avoiding it made me feel skilled. It was like a dance.

I don't think the lack of stun is such a problem. Its the nerf of damage on top of the extra cast time required to swing a heavy attack that leaves you open to hits whats bothering me. Requires to build for endurence and the damage doesnt comensate.

Zos keeps over buffing stuff just to destroy them the next patch is getting old. And what sometimes frustrates me is when the community totally onboard with the heavy nerfs to certain playstyles that were not bis just not long ago.

But idk. Maybe the new ds will be totally fine both in cp and no cp, console or pc, and nobody will no longer feel like its a cheesy skill of the zergling. I might be just over attached here.

I agree with your opinion on the damage nerf. On PTS, DS does 28% more damage than a instant cast spammable (crushing weapon). On live, it does 52% more damage. If a damage nerf was warranted, I think 16% is too much.

Comparing other cast time abilities, crystal frag, with a 1s cast time, deals 46% more damage than a instant spammable. If you want to calculate damage based on cast time, DS should deal either 36% or 42% more damage than a instant spammable (80% of the 1s cast time increase due to the .8s cast time.) So DS should have gotten a 7% or 10% nerd, if any.

I still agree with the stun nerf. Partial charged heavy for a stun on off balance is good compromise.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree with your opinion on the damage nerf. On PTS, DS does 28% more damage than a instant cast spammable (crushing weapon). On live, it does 52% more damage. If a damage nerf was warranted, I think 16% is too much.

Comparing other cast time abilities, crystal frag, with a 1s cast time, deals 46% more damage than a instant spammable. If you want to calculate damage based on cast time, DS should deal either 36% or 42% more damage than a instant spammable (80% of the 1s cast time increase due to the .8s cast time.) So DS should have gotten a 7% or 10% nerd, if any.

I still agree with the stun nerf. Partial charged heavy for a stun on off balance is good compromise.

What really irks me is that they said DS and flurry damage get nerfed because it exceeds DoT standards. Now those standards are raised back up a bit while Flurry and DS get the shaft.

I've also come to peace with the off balance change. It just makes the skill less fun to use, as it was one of the few skills that actually felt like having an impact. But gameplay wise it won't change much.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

What really irks me is that they said DS and flurry damage get nerfed because it exceeds DoT standards. Now those standards are raised back up a bit while Flurry and DS get the shaft.

I've also come to peace with the off balance change. It just makes the skill less fun to use, as it was one of the few skills that actually felt like having an impact. But gameplay wise it won't change much.

ZoS has been extremely inconsistent with this supposed audit.

I will miss the visual of swinging a giant sword upward to knock some fool up in the air into the slam dunk of a Leap. The good ol Alley Oop
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will miss the visual of swinging a giant sword upward to knock some fool up in the air into the slam dunk of a Leap. The good ol Alley Oop

You forgot to add the noxious breath in there beforehand you really don't know how to combo your cheese do you
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You forgot to add the noxious breath in there beforehand you really don't know how to combo your cheese do you

Oh no, people use skills!
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no, people use skills!

Right if you going to combo it up might as well do it right
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Dizzy
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    RIP DIZZY