The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Treasure Trove] Would it kill your framerate if they made everything hi-res?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Like, for entire coin-and-gem pile to display with better texture.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't kill mine, but then I have a pretty darn good machine. I'm in the market for a 4k screen before Christmas as it stands, and then after the first of the year I'm investing in a REALLY good NVIDIA GPU, whichever one's best in my price range.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I run triple monitors, and the 6k width means compromising somewhere else.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. My graphics card can barely handle HIGH settings right now.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Like, for entire coin-and-gem pile to display with better texture.

Genuinely, this is the last of our housing issues.

I love the look of the treasure trove... I just cant USE it, because my main residence is maxed out with whatever category of furnishing it happens to be. I cant even identify which furniture items I need to remove to make room for it, can anyone help?

Clearly, the biggest single housing issue is the ridiculous caps on furniture placement. Zos must find a way to correct this, but its been an issue for a LONG time, and no resolution seems on the horizon, sadly.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The treasure trove looks great to me. There are some other furnishings in game that look low res and it would be great to see these updates (without otherwise changing their look!) but as has been said, it is one of the lesser problems in housing.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if they updated all the old housing assets textures. Seeing new furnishings next to an older base home is saddening.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been asking for a (optional) high resolution texture pack for the whole game since beta.

I play the game with everything maxed out and my GPU barely gets warm. Hi-res textures would be awesome.
    mueba.gif

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    The treasure trove looks great to me. There are some other furnishings in game that look low res and it would be great to see these updates (without otherwise changing their look!) but as has been said, it is one of the lesser problems in housing.

Different people spot different things I guess. I spotted the stretched texture on the main treasure pile right away. Which is too bad for me because it really ruined it for me :(