The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character mount upgrades, titles and achievements

SentinelRose
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums but not to eso. I've been playing the game since launch on console and switched to PC for a better experience. I'd like to share a few suggestions with ZOS and the players.

First off I'd like to bring up mount upgrades. Every 20 hours and for 250 gold you can buy 1 level out of a max of 60 for speed, stamina or capacity adding together to be 180 upgrades which is 20×180 hours which equals out to just a lot of waiting time and a decent amount of gold. It's understandable being an mmo, but it is way to much when you consider having multiple characters, which brings me to ask ZOS to change this a bit for us. How about the change to upgrade once a day (20-24 hours) but all upgrades traveling across all characters. Example I have a templar and sorc, and i go to the stable on Tuesday upgrade my speed to 10 and locks out the rest of my toons as well for that day. Next day I get on my sorc and upgrade to 11 but all my characters benefitting from it. There's really no down fall to this in my opinion. If that sounds too easy maybe raise the price of upgrades by 250 gold every 20 levels (1-20[250]21-40[500]41-60[750])

In addition to this I'd like to ask to be able to dye mount cosmetics, such as the cosmetics given to mounts at level 20 speed, stamina and capacity as well as any additions on the mounts themselves besides their core looks such as fur or hooves. Really I'm targeting the armor, saddles, etc.

The next suggestion would be player titles and achievements, simply I'd like ZOS to transfer this as well across all characters. It only makes sense to in my opinion. I've yet to see any "gamemasters" and I think we would with this change, but this isn't the main reason I ask because I'm far from one of those and probably wont ever be, but if I've done something once i want to keep that with me, not lose its achievement and title if may be when I switch toons. You dont really have a total achievement score. I know dyes from doing things transfer so why not.

Please ZOS, it would be awesome if you did these things.

If you would like to see these changes vote yes, if you dont vote no and maybe a reason why not.

Edited by SentinelRose on October 16, 2019 4:33AM

Character mount upgrades, titles and achievements 16 votes

Yes
62%
firerapturerudvilAcadianPaladinNelothgepe87ThePedgeHappyTheCamperlukoiScritchelSentinelRose 10 votes
No
37%
deviousthevileTai-ChiBobby_V_RockitFortunattocolossalvoidsGrandma 6 votes
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding mount upgrades, that would be great, but I’d say not going to happen since they sell riding lessons in the Crown Store.

Regarding achievements and titles, I like it being by character. For delves, skyshards, etc., it is helpful to keep track of what you’ve done on any particular character. Plus, it doesn’t make sense to me to make the titles account wide — should a Champion of Anequina for instance, be a character who actually completed the quest line?
  • SentinelRose
    Yes
    I think they would still get people to buy the lessons, maybe not as much but spend the crowns on other stuff in the store. I understand where you are coming from regarding the other stuff but I think it's a bit too strict if you can accept that. I think itd be nice to make a build and have a title on hand to give the toon more of a personality that goes well with class, armor, etc. To me my builds are in a sense a form of art. Plus some people dont want to revisit something else just for the title especially solo players that need a group for something else.. as for achievements, like I said they are achievements. The highlight on getting one is your first time. Not the 2nd or 4th time. If you know what I mean. Something small it could effect is guild requests to join. What if you apply for a pve guild and your character has really low achievement score and you.get denied bc it looks to them like your new to game. This is off the top of my head but really its just about keeping my first time moments. Going through my achievements and seeing what I havent done at all before is better than say what this character has respectfully.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums but not to eso. I've been playing the game since launch on console and switched to PC for a better experience. I'd like to share a few suggestions with ZOS and the players. First off I'd like to bring up mount upgrades. Every 20 hours and for 250 gold you can buy 1 level out of a max of 60 for speed, stamina or capacity adding together to be 180 upgrades which is 20×180 hours which equals out to just a lot of waiting time and a decent amount of gold. It's understandable being an mmo, but it is way to much when you consider having multiple characters, which brings me to ask ZOS to change this a bit for us. How about the change to upgrade once a day (20-24 hours) but all upgrades traveling across all characters. Example I have a templar and sorc, and i go to the stable on Tuesday upgrade my speed to 10 and locks out the rest of my toons as well for that day. Next day I get on my sorc and upgrade to 11 but all my characters benefitting from it. There's really no down fall to this in my opinion. If that sounds too easy maybe raise the price of upgrades by 250 gold every 20 levels (1-20[250]21-40[500]41-60[750]) Please ZOS make this change. In addition to this I'd like to ask to be able to dye mount cosmetics, such as the cosmetics given to mounts at level 20 speed, stamina and capacity as well as any additions on the mounts themselves besides their core looks such as fur or hooves. Really I'm targeting the armor, saddles, etc. This would be nice ZOS. The next suggestion would be player titles and achievements, simply I'd like ZOS to transfer this as well across all characters. It only makes sense to in my opinion. I've yet to see any "gamemasters" and I think we would with this change, but this isn't the main reason I ask because I'm far from one of those and probably wont ever be, but if I've done something once i want to keep that with me, not lose its achievement and title if may be when I switch toons. You dont really have a total achievement score. I know dyes from doing things transfer so why not. Please ZOS, it would be awesome if you did these things.

I think paragraphs help. Sorry its just true.

Beyond that, what mounts require most is customisation. A mount should have 3 colourable slots, just like other set items. The existing outfit station can be used, simply add a mount option along side the costume and hat ones.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just create characters when new classes release and play them a few months later after leveling their riding speed and storage. It is pretty annoying. It also makes it unlikely I ever re-do a character. Wait is way too long.

I have 10 or 11 characters fully maxed, 2 that just need more stamina, and 3 necros that are like half done (I log on sporadically these days). I would love to see this changed. Maybe the design didn't seem so bad when they only had 50 levels to worry about, but it is kinda ridiculous now.

The poll lacks a question, so I didn't pick an answer. Plus, wall of text.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on October 15, 2019 3:40PM
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    Mount upgrades used to be account wide when the game first released.

Then ZoS realized they could make money off of it and put mount training scrolls in the Crown Store. In other words, I don't see them reversing this back again.

The mount upgrades in the Crown Store are fairly cheap.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Agree with OP. Of course my head cannon is that all my characters are the same character (race, similar name, appearance, etc) - the only diff is class. When she's going to play, the decision of which class she chooses to play as that session is the same way she decides which hair style to wear. So the more 'account wide' stuff there is the more it helps this point of view.

Regarding mounts, and at the risk of straying slightly off-topic, what about those basic mount saddlebags? They are simply a fugly slap on the haunches backpack. In newer horse mounts, ZOS has some models that actually look like saddlebags. Would love to see 'real saddlebags' on some of the old horses (like my elf's palomino). In the meantime, we disable those horrible looking backpacks pretending to be saddlebags. /end rant. Lol.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts - yes. General and overland achievements - yes. Titles and group content/PVP achievements - no.
  • SentinelRose
    Yes
    Mounts - yes. General and overland achievements - yes. Titles and group content/PVP achievements - no.

I actually agree with this one.