The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Dev thank you you were right.

OrderoftheDarkness
OrderoftheDarkness
✭✭✭
You guys thought everything through in advance. Necro really brought balance to this game. Sustain now matches Necro natively. It’s correct that you are not listening to part of the forum. Some of them defended Dizzy; the other part protected the dots; most likely they are the same people. Because it's like leeches just stuck to the use of buttons and already forgot that resource management is part of the game. Although I think Dev knew that it was just a temporary buff for finding the arithmetic mean.

P. S. After these changes, you can start from scratch in the future.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No matter what devs do, there will always be ppl who are not happy. This is how the world works.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    No matter what his majesty will do, there will always be ppl who are not happy. This is how the world works.

Fixed that for you - this is how I currently feel about the game.
    The democratic class representatives program is dead.
    The new regime does not want to listen to the humble plebs anymore.

The former combat design was not perfect, but at least all classes and playstyles were viable.
    The new combat designer seems to cater only his own agenda (primarily Stamina)
    and with this patch other playstyles (especially PetSorcs) are not viable anymore.

Edited by BalticBlues on October 16, 2019 8:05AM
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what his majesty will do, there will always be ppl who are not happy. This is how the world works.

The former combat design was not perfect, but at least all classes and playstyles were viable.
    and with this patch other playstyles (especially PetSorcs) are not viable anymore.

hey, former combat dev only catered to stam too
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭

Why some of you thinks that 10 players using these forum are the ones ZOS should listen to?
    Do you know u are an extremely little % of the entire playerbase, dont u?
    I dont pretend u stop pursuing your special and personal agenda but cant u stop saying that u know for a fact u talk for the whole community?
    You are not special and count as 1 like everybody else
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭

Why some of you thinks that 10 players using these forum are the ones ZOS should listen to?
    I dont pretend u stop pursuing your special and personal agenda but cant u stop saying that u know for a fact u talk for the whole community?

Yes, they're not special. They're an extremely lil % of playerbase as you said.

But these people came to forum to help make this game better. Many of them really knows what they're talking about and propose a valid changes/feedback. They do care.

So the rest of playerbase... do they care? Well, maybe they do. At some personal point. But most of them are like "well I'm gonna complain if things are bad to me, rejoice if things are good and leave if everything will go wrong from my perspective". They're just sitting there and waiting for anything, not trying to do something on their own.

I'm not bashing em as a matter of fact, just trying to say that those who came here to give feedback – they do care, like for real. Yea sometimes feedback is biased, sometimes it goes in a harsh way, but at least they trying to do something.

And here comes my point – who you really should listen to? Those 99% who don't care for real, or this 1% who spends a lot of their time to propose changes that can lead to making things better?
    Edited by Pijng on October 16, 2019 9:37AM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm wrong in some statements. It was ZOS who pulled the DoT trick on everyone last patch. There has been massive reaction from players that this is wrong and it kills class identity especially on magicka.

So now ZOS decided to nerf dots, nerf magicka class identity and work on the stamina class identity that was the least impacted by dots last patch LOL
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The forums are here for feedback and if somebody bothers to spend the time to give it they should be listened to (apart from trolls). Yes a large portion doesn’t bother giving feedback, instead if they don’t like things they just leave and that’s how core player bases die. It doesn’t take a genius to see the many mistakes made and that large amounts of negative feedback show the holes the the current development strategy of remaking the combat of a 6 year old game. They are making so many changes that patches are being sent completely unrefined and the DoT meta mistake followed by its polar opposite shows how clearly balanced the two were prior to the changes.. But instead of admitting the mistake and reverting it we are moving into a style of just buffing your spamable and spam spam spam it until you need to refresh them. Class many class aoe skills will be removed from use in favor of cheeped skills and aoe spamables and Blockade is so bad it wouldn’t even be used if it weren’t for vMA staffs. At one point STAMINA classes could slot it and do just as much damage as with a vMA bow.. clear signs of bad balance. Even now it will be close enough to be laughable.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Idk what you mean, petsorc looks like it’ll be better to me.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new combat designer seems to cater only his own agenda (primarily templar)
    and with this patch other playstyles (especially stamina pvpers) are not viable anymore.

FTFY
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think it's just research for a future mmo. Just to see what works. No one really goes this drastic, flip/flop, spastic changes EVERY SINGLE update and has no clue. I won't say the game is dead but I believe it's research for what might work in another game. Just my opinion.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look man, there are some changes that are just straight bad, and it's not really hard to see unless you just do not care at all about combat in any way and aren't informed on it.

The devs are right mentality doesn't really fit much on the forums, because the forums are here to provide feedback on what works and what doesn't work, there are some people who provide frankly stupid feedback, and i'm not afraid to say it, and there are also a lot of people that go into depth and explain exactly why a change is either bad or good.

Then there are opinions, some are better than others, i'm not one for all ideas are good, no some are garbage, some are good, what i do to try to judge an opinion is what result it leads, at that point i can value your opinion on an objective value, which is, does it work well or not?

If you also provide facts that really isn't an opinion anymore, but a fact.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that the meaning of your post is "neither ours nor yours." My post does not need facts. I did not question anyone's opinion and did not condemn or insult. By and large, there was no point in answering your post, because it is just a set of words without meaning.
    P. S. I can tell you one fact developers liked Necro and its class identity. I agree with them I liked it too - it can already be called an opinion.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 16, 2019 7:22PM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems to me that the meaning of your post is "neither ours nor yours." My post does not need facts. I did not question anyone's opinion and did not condemn or insult. By and large, there was no point in answering your post, because it is just a set of words without meaning.
    P. S. I can tell you one fact. Developers liked Necro and its class personality. I agree with them I liked it too - it can already be called an opinion.

The identity is fine, but when you have at least 3 core abilities that are extremely clunky i can't say they have done a good job, and you can disagree with it, but the fact is that blastbones does not work properly and neither does siphon, so having said that i can;t really give a very good opinion on necro.

I also found interesting that you needed to point out the "insult" part, like what i said before was even an insult and not a fact, kinda shows what kind of people i'm talking to, maybe you felt personally attacked because you don't feel like you are providing meaningful feedback? Who knows. Even though it was just a general statement, which is a fact, some people provide objectively dumb ideas that lead to bad results. I'm just gonna drop it at that.
    Edited by JinMori on October 16, 2019 7:26PM
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    P. S. I can tell you one fact. Developers liked Necro and its class personality. I agree with them I liked it too - it can already be called an opinion.

The identity is fine, but when you have at least 3 core abilities that are extremely clunky i can't say they have done a good job, and you can disagree with it, but the fact is that blastbones does not work properly and neither does siphon, so having said that i can;t really give a very good opinion on necro.

I also found interesting that you needed to point out the "insult" part, like what i said before was even an insult and not a fact, kinda shows what kind of people i'm talking to, maybe you felt personally attacked because you don't feel like you are providing meaningful feedback? Who knows. Even though it was just a general statement, which is a fact, some people provide objectively dumb ideas that lead to bad results. I'm just gonna drop it at that.

If something does not suit you, this is your problem. Everything suits me even the broken blaste bones and siphon. Try to read all patch notes and maybe you will understand at what different levels some classes were. At best, you can even understand the meaning of the first post.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on October 16, 2019 7:41PM