The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Sentinel of Rkugamz: did anyone ask for the change?

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one asked the change but ZOS DEV TEAM :/
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Did anyone ask for Daedric Prey to be nefed by 50%?

Did anyone ask for any of the changes in Dragonhold, really?

This patch is laughably bad. Anyone hoping for some improvements in 5.2.4 just got a swift kick in the nuts.

They're killing it!
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This patch is laughably bad. Anyone hoping for some improvements in 5.2.4 just got a swift kick in the nuts.

I thought it was 20% not 50?

Down to 20% from 40% therefore a 50% reduction
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a decent set. Nothing OP. Shouldn't Zos increase the number of sets being used in game instead of lowering it?
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was 20% not 50?

It was previously 40% and now 20%, so 50% decrease in effectiveness.

Edit: Haha too slow.
    Edited by Celestro on October 16, 2019 7:13AM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a decent set. Nothing OP. Shouldn't Zos increase the number of sets being used in game instead of lowering it?
    I agree, we have way way WAY too many "dead sets" already.

There are maybe, what, 2 or 3 dozen even remotely viable off-meta sets in total? Of course that's in addition to all the "meta" sets. (not counting monster sets here).

And then there is the huge list of (non-monster) sets that are just complete and utter trash - usually either because of a poor combination of set bonuses, a "bad" 5th piece bonus, too restrictive proc conditions, and/or excessive cooldowns leading to poor uptime.

So... I guess that the new vision of "balance" is to nerf all the good sets until they are on par with the trash ones?
    Uh, have fun with that, @ZOS... because we (the players) sure won't be "having fun" when that happens.
  • Zippy81
    Zippy81
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes!
    I had no idea so many people would reply to my post.
    I have a few sets of Sentinel, for all 3 healers and for one or two tanks. I don't play in highly organized groups so support sets are crucial for me. And these are the groups that will suffer most from changes like that.

What else is there to use?

Symphony of Blades 1 Item: Adds 4% Healing Done
    2 Items: When you heal an ally who is under 50% of their primary resource, grant them Meridia's Favor, which restores 2325 Magicka or Stamina every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 18 seconds. The resource returned is based off the target's highest maximum resource. THE BETTER OPTION ANYWAY, HOWEVER, FROM A MUCH HARDER DUNGEON

Grundwulf 1 Item: Adds 833 Weapon Critical, Adds 833 Spell Critical
    2 Items: Whenever you deal critical damage, restore 1000 Magicka or Stamina, whichever maximum is higher. You also gain 500 of the other resource. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds. SELF-SUPPORT FOR DAMAGE DEALERS

Engine Guardian 1 Item: Adds 129 Health Recovery
    2 Items: When you use an ability, you have a 10% chance to summon a dwemer automation to restore 1204 Health, Stamina, or Magicka to you every 0.5 seconds for 6.5 seconds. SELF-SUPPORT WITH A HORRIBLE 1 PIECE BONUS

Nightflame 1 Item: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    2 Items: When you heal a friendly target, you have a 10% chance to summon a totem for 6 seconds that heals you and your allies within 5 meters for 2525 Health every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds. PURE HEALING

Why not add (AND PROVIDES 200 MAGICKA) here? It would make this monster set kind of useful like earthgore, with less healing but with a magicka buff.

Why is there any need for an additional source of magicka regen? Elemental drain and entropy for magicka dps, stamina damage dealers don't have access to abilities like that. Besides, that extra stamina source is also useful for magicka dps and healers in case they need to dodge/block/sprint with their low stam regen and small stam pool.

We had a lot of talking about homogenizing skills, is it time for the same with sets now? A few unique sets were ruined in the past, like night mother's gaze and sunderflame. Other unique buffs and debuffs like minor vuln and offbalance are suddenly more accessible making sets like infallible aether and truth not really needed. I wonder if there's any plan in it.
    Kind regards,
    Zippy
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a good solution would be if Elemental drain restore magicka AND stamina, but I don't think the devs will ever consider this change
    PC-EU
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    for some reason the current iteration of the combat team seems to love to waste resources on changing (and often destroying in the process) abilities no one asked for...

why? no one knows... they seem to desperately want people to stop playing their game for some reason...

Maybe TES VI release is closer than we thought and Bethesda has instructed ZOS to kill ESO to build up a hunger for new TES content.

lol

I mean it's not intentional but they're "killing it" anyway.

I know, I know, Steam may not be a great indicator of the health of the game ... but when I see raid guilds disbanding left and right, Discords going dark, mass unrest on the forums and Reddit ... and *then* I see 4 consecutive months of nearly 10% player attrition on Steam ... I get a little concerned. And IMO, nothing about Dragonhold is going to bring people *back*. Watch steamcharts for the rest of the year, I bet we'll see 10%+ losses in average daily players in October and November too.

I hope I'm wrong because I love this game and want to keep playing but I think they are genuinely doing a very bad job right now.

Hopefully they've got something big up their sleeve for next year. Maybe we'll actually get Spellcrafting and that'll be the light at the end of the tunnel for all of this awful standardization they've been implementing.

But if I'm being honest, I think the "standardization" is being done with combat as a secondary concern. My theory is that the driving force is performance; they're standardizing everything so that they can drastically simplify damage calculations and improve the game's performance, and whatever that does to combat outcomes is just a side effect.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zippy81 wrote: »
    Engine Guardian 1 Item: Adds 129 Health Recovery
    2 Items: When you use an ability, you have a 10% chance to summon a dwemer automation to restore 1204 Health, Stamina, or Magicka to you every 0.5 seconds for 6.5 seconds. SELF-SUPPORT WITH A HORRIBLE 1 PIECE BONUS
    It gets worse. Much worse. Have you actually tried this in practice?

I was very hyped for Engine Guardian, before I knew how it actually works. Ugh.
    This stupid thing almost always procs on the WRONG resource - usually the one that's currently already at 100% :#
  • Zippy81
    Zippy81
    ✭✭✭
    I wish it worked on the lowest pool. There are abilities that work like that.
    Kind regards,
    Zippy
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're trying to indirectly nerf stamcros, even though one healer will just run Hircine's and a better monster set.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're trying to indirectly nerf stamcros, even though one healer will just run Hircine's and a better monster set.

Then why did they directly buff necro sustain in 5.2.3? 🤔
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why did they directly buff necro sustain in 5.2.3? 🤔

Lol, you're under the impression that Zos knows what to do with their game anymore. Most of the buffs and nerfs coming out recently are random things that they throw at the wall to see if something sticks before dealing with it later.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we not use Symphony for additional group resources or was that set nerfed too?
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Do we not use Symphony for additional group resources or was that set nerfed too?

Not nerfed, but it only affects one person per cooldown so you don't see it much.
    Xbox NA healer main
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    Sentinel of RIPugamz
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    Sentinel of Rektugamz
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I have never..no really. NEVER used this set to begin with. I mostly PvP and while I see it once in a great while, there are way better sets for that type of play. Actually, I can't think of any PvE build that would use it? Niche is an understatement. I mean really. No one uses this set, as it is, so why do we care?

Now if they buffed it to do 250 stam and mag regen. Then maybe someone would toss it in a build? Pfft, idk. I just could care less. Never used it, now... most certainly never will. /shrug
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Personally, I have never..no really. NEVER used this set to begin with. I mostly PvP and while I see it once in a great while, there are way better sets for that type of play. Actually, I can't think of any PvE build that would use it? Niche is an understatement. I mean really. No one uses this set, as it is, so why do we care?

Now if they buffed it to do 250 stam and mag regen. Then maybe someone would toss it in a build? Pfft, idk. I just could care less. Never used it, now... most certainly never will. /shrug

Then why post? Rkugamz was pretty much a standard setup in raid comps dominated by stamina setups because of its utility.
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, mag has more than enough return with pFGD and bretton, eledrain, passives etc.... stamina has nothing like that
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My healer may continue to use it, since it doesnt care what resources it gives to the group, or use Nightflame in place of it. I switches between them anyway. However, My nightblade and templar tanks, that I specifically used this set to help sustain their stamina, probably will be using this much less if at all.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)