The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When will it be too much?

kalunte
kalunte
✭✭✭✭✭
-mass hysteria vs Turn Evil

-relentless focus vs bound armament

-refreshing path vs ritual of retribution

-loss of major breach on suprise attack while scorch and noxious keeps it while they are (also) aoe abilities

-cast time on class (both soul shred and death stroke) ults while some other classes dont have any

-killer's blade vs executionner

-i dont have the entire list..

to me it sometimes looks like for each nightblade skill (but cloak) you can find a better version on it in another skill line, either a generic or a class skill line, and it simply makes me sad.

i know nightblades are awesome in every possible way and that's why i play one, and they have the deepest rooted class identity but.. well.. seriously.

it's not that i cant bear so many skills and passive to have particular requirments for having their full effects regardless of gcd, range or will of the oponent to let you gather all those prerequisits but for god sake, why should everybody else have those bonus given for free or included in basic rotations or simply more efficient?

i wonder when the list will end..
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »

-loss of major breach on suprise attack while scorch and noxious keeps it while they are (also) aoe abilities

-cast time on class (both soul shred and death stroke) ults while some other classes dont have any

to me it sometimes looks like for each nightblade skill (but cloak) you can find a better version on it in another skill line, either a generic or a class skill line, and it simply makes me sad.

i know nightblades are awesome in every possible way and that's why i play one, and they have the deepest rooted class identity but.. well.. seriously.

it's not that i cant bear so many skills and passive to have particular requirments for having their full effects regardless of gcd, range or will of the oponent to let you gather all those prerequisits but for god sake, why should everybody else have those bonus given for free or included in basic rotations or simply more efficient?

The only way the list will end is for people to stop playing on a Nightblade if we make Nightblade any bit effective it's going to get destroyed
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as we have cloak almost working nightblades wont ever die as a class or get any lower in population =)
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it so true or maybe ppl cant assume they are all turning into nightblades despite of hating us!
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it so true or maybe ppl cant assume they are all turning into nightblades despite of hating us!

I think you're onto something there because everybody uses invisibility pots and all their Nightblade abilities that's been changed over for them to use
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think you're onto something there because everybody uses invisibility pots and all their Nightblade abilities that's been changed over for them to use

Good point. People can but don’t use invisibility pots because there are better options.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side, now you can play a better class and still use all your favorite Nightblade skills :#
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs were the kings of dps for mag and stam for years. You guys are still on cooldown
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »
    NBs were the kings of dps for mag and stam for years. You guys are still on cooldown

*Mag for one year, stam for 1,5
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    as long as we have cloak almost working nightblades wont ever die as a class or get any lower in population =)

This... I tend to think they attempt to balance nb around cloak.
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    I would pick relentless focus over bound armaments any time. Bound Armaments doesn't feel useful to me, other than having it slotted as a passive skill. Whereas relentless focus gives you 10% damage reduction which is incredibly strong imo.

I think some of your comparisons are a bit far fetched, like the dk breath. It is notoriously hard to hit with, and a lot of the time it is a skill you press whenever you want to waste a bit of stamina.

NB ultimate has a cast time now yeah (not a fan of cast time) , but if you compare the nb ult to what other classes have the, soul harvest clearly is much more loaded. 70 ult for major defile, good damage, and 20% damage increase.. who would prefer leap over that kind of ult.

I am not saying your thread isn't valid on it's own, it just feels like you haven't played other classes with some of these comparisons.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElvenVeil wrote: »
    I would pick relentless focus over bound armaments any time. Bound Armaments doesn't feel useful to me, other than having it slotted as a passive skill. Whereas relentless focus gives you 10% damage reduction which is incredibly strong imo.

I think some of your comparisons are a bit far fetched, like the dk breath. It is notoriously hard to hit with, and a lot of the time it is a skill you press whenever you want to waste a bit of stamina.

NB ultimate has a cast time now yeah (not a fan of cast time) , but if you compare the nb ult to what other classes have the, soul harvest clearly is much more loaded. 70 ult for major defile, good damage, and 20% damage increase.. who would prefer leap over that kind of ult.

I am not saying your thread isn't valid on it's own, it just feels like you haven't played other classes with some of these comparisons.

Actualy you are the one that seens to not play NB at all hahahaha XD
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next time prepare better before writing posts like this. First 10% damage reduction leads to massive drop on dps if you are not using your bow to keep that buff. Also major defile was taken from this ult long time ago. Maybe play the actual class if you think it have so op skills like incap or focus
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ElvenVeil

far fetched you say? take a close look at each skill but shadow image and cloak, you'll figure out what i mean.

The so called "redudancy" in NB skills was what allowed it to do it's "primary" task with any build they choose.

Right now we have to slot 2/3 different skills to have the effect that some other classes have with only one slot which is priceless.

we also have burst skills that arent burst skills anymore because of cast time or weird mitigation tied to it that is meant not to last because your so called burst cancel it, and i cant believe anyone but you would prefere 5.2.4 relentless focus to bound armament, even on a brawler archetype.

i did compare many skills at home but i havent got enough tears to write it down, only virile eye sweat.

ps: please do not talk to me about leap. like, never ever. everything, but not leap. and comparing it to actual delayed death stroke whatever morph... MOUHAHAHAHA dont get me mad bro!!!!
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

Next time prepare better before writing posts like this. First 10% damage reduction leads to massive drop on dps if you are not using your bow to keep that buff. Also major defile was taken from this ult long time ago. Maybe play the actual class if you think it have so op skills like incap or focus

@Czekoludek
    oki, don't know about the lag, that sounds pretty bad. and no soul harvest does have major defile... incap does not.

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just another DK main coming in here trying to destroy night blade thread but yet straight talkin out their ass because they don't even know what they're saying way dont you play the class before you speak on the class
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nb has always been strong and is still strong. Stop complaining
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nb has always been strong and is still strong. Stop complaining

One of the weakest mag PvE spec, mediocre stam PvE spec, weak in PvP, without proper burst or healing. Great tanks tho.
    Yeah, seems very strong atm
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

Soul Harvest still has Major Defile.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, maybe people should stop coming on these forums and complain when they die in PvP.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 18, 2019 1:55PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having distinct and unique classes goes against ZOS' new vision of Standardization.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Having distinct and unique classes goes against ZOS' new vision of Standardization.

U25 Preview:
    • New Undaunted ult that gives every class access to Major Vulnerability
    • Shrouded Daggers reworked to be a reskin of the new Bound Armaments available to every class
    • Crescent Sweep, Summon Atronach, and DK leap get a 0.4 second cast time
    • While we're at it, Leap damage nerfed because DK is going to be the new class that people see on their death recaps all the time in Dragonhold
    • damage removed from every CC ability (ZOS: we wanted to make sure players have adequate opportunity to respond to burst damage, as it's not fun to be killed while you are unable to control your character)
    • Poison Injection re-buffed to be a ranged clone of Venomous Claw (ZOS: we wanted to make sure a powerful DOT-focused playstyle is available to every class, not just Dragonknights)
    • Radiant Magelight changed to Faster Than Light, a Streak clone available to every class

7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your skills are being gutted because you have cloak, it is the same for mag sorc, they get nerfed in eveeything at the coat of streak being unharmed