The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stop with the nerf forums

• Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    This forum community is just a bunch of people complaining the dev's "wont fix their game" and continue to play it

Same crap different game.
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    you want a skillfull game yet dont enjoy the past few patches where the biggest PvP crutches got nerfed to the ground and crutches are still being nerfed.

You make no sense.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there’s a difference between a nerf thread and a balance thread. Nerf threads typically come from inexperienced players, are biased, uninformed, lack information or legitimate examples, and are usually asking for nerfs to abilities or classes that the poster has no experience with and they just feel that it’s OP without having any perspective. So yes we can definitely do without so many nerf threads especially as of late, but there’s nothing wrong with a legitimate balance discussion.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    More nerfs for our Nerf God!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People talk about nerfs as if nothing ever got buffed...

Templars are already out of control, but now POTL is going to crit? ZOS just keeps buffing them!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my impression as well, that the PTS forums are filled with mostly complaints from PvPers. Most of the times I read the posts and think.. is this really happening? Then I realise it is from a PvP point of view (I do not pvp often), which annoys me, because people playing PvE rarely complain like this. They are used countering or adapting, improving their builds and rotations. But PvPers on the forums, naah.. they ask for nerfs.

Also the problem with these nerf requests is that there is little room left for discussions regarding other aspects of the game. Feedback about housing, crafting, exploration, questing, etc is lost among countles nerf threads.

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Grimm_Cortex
    Grimm_Cortex
    ✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    I guess you have missed a majority of what has been discussed since 5.2 patch notes dropped. It isn't just the nerfs. Last patch it was too much buffing of the DoTs.

And as a result ZOS nerfed too much the DOT ... And will update that in the next patch of PTS, but everyone is not able to clearly understand the endgame here.

I'm tired.
    Tired of the nerf post because of the DUEL ! (Not a normal activities in this game, there is absolutely no reward associated : AP, gift, just one success !), because of BG (where there is no Champ, so we can't manage to up our abilities and the flat damage apply).

Start to learn how to manage the flaw and play on your advantage, before asking for nerf !

Another thing if I read correctly the last patch (Update 22) :
    Twisting Path (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of this ability by approximately 14%.
    and now in (Update 23) :
    Twisting Path: Decreased the damage per tick of this morph by approximately 33%.

And : Wall of element : Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 33%.

So during the upgrade of the DOT we have major DPS source for Mag and Magblade nerfed for no reason in my opinion.... Because in PVP I don't see a lot of damage done by this sort of static zone damage, mostly use in PVE.

So because they also proc the poison/enchant from the staff they have been consider as utility and not damage source, let me smile here ....
    For Magblade that also mean we can't use the passive from shadow anymore .... Great !

And we can find other part of the decision where we found something strange .... But, hey I play Magblade in Trial ... And after the Update 23I replace many of my abilities by DOT because they have been UP.
    And now they will be nerfed again, what will I do ? I will loose DPS for sure, because there is no up plan in this patch ....
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    "Nerf everything that kills me" basically.

Lol!
    Just
    NERF
    SORC!

Kappa!
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Templars are already out of control, but now POTL is going to crit? ZOS just keeps buffing them!

Speaking of bias...

But in other news:

Templars are getting plenty toned down with the dot changes, and did you miss the part where it's only damage from the caster now? No longer the mob behind them as well. In fact, in may be the most balanced ability audit to date.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem here is not the PVP forum posters, it's ZOS.

You have to understand that when people say "hey, this skill seems a bit unbalanced, maybe it should be toned down a bit" we mean "let's tone it down by 25-30%".

ZOS response: "That sounds reasonable, but let's hit it upside the head with a 60% nerf."
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who calls nerfs shold be obliged to provide actionable, reapeatable numbers to prove his claims or be permabanned. Better if they provide CombatMetrix data and a video.

I know, this would utterly decimate PvP posters, but having to provide hard proof would be their first jump into hard reality.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with constant nerfs is that it just wears on one's enthusiasm. Who want's to keep redesigning their build and play style every 3 months? Personally, for me this disappointment started with Nerfmire. Every few months we have another round of big adjustments, mostly nerfs. It gets old. People value the time and effort they have invested in the game and don't appreciate it being negated by developers with a nebulous "vision" of how they "should" be playing. Now this last round of absurd nerfs is just so over the top I can hardly bring myself to care anymore. Lower damage, higher costs, less sustain. So much fun. A good game empowers its players...not continually strips them of what they've accomplished. Maybe when combat is reduced to running around in our underwear shouting insults at each other this nerf-happy fervor will finally end.

You have to wonder to what extent all the constant forum complaints to nerf this or that has contributed to where we are at now. None of it feels very damn good to me...and I don't invest my time to feel crappy.

Several guild members have been encouraging me to give Destiny 2 a try. Maybe it's time.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bdd.jpg
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance forums are acceptable, having proof and understanding is one thing,
    Nerf forums are annoying and averts eyes from practicality and actual importance,
    Finally ZOS, tends to swing the hammer instead of the chisel as mentioned, this would be fine if they had more response with the community and made more rapid changes than weekly thus resulting in 4~6 cycles before deployment, but they don't and often the changes result to 2~3 instead, thus needing a more gentle changing atmosphere but they don't seem to get this.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

They're not. They're just functioning well, which makes them stand out in the current meta, and so lots of people frustrated with their own classes have migrated over and Cyrodiil is stuffed with FOTMplars. None of that is the same as overpowered.

It was you, once. I know you remember when magsorcs weren't OP, just not messed up, and every other thread was nerf sorcs, nerf sorcs, boohoo sorcs are too powerful. Try to remember what that was like, and just leave templars to have their time in the sun.

Pun intended. Come at me.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msalvia wrote: »
    If we got rid of nerf threads, what would pvpers do on the forums? I mean, I guess they could spend that time learning counterplay, but what's the value in that?

Most pvp'ers dont post nerf threads. Pve players who come into pvp, get humiliated, then post forum whining.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »

They're not. They're just functioning well, which makes them stand out in the current meta, and so lots of people frustrated with their own classes have migrated over and Cyrodiil is stuffed with FOTMplars. None of that is the same as overpowered.

It was you, once. I know you remember when magsorcs weren't OP, just not messed up, and every other thread was nerf sorcs, nerf sorcs, boohoo sorcs are too powerful. Try to remember what that was like, and just leave templars to have their time in the sun.

My current experience is that it's a waste of time to fight a Templar 1v1 now as it's almost certainly an auto-loss to my light armor build and that it takes 3 ppl to kill them. If you want to just try to excuse that to me being bad then how do you explain how this is only a recent phenomenon where as in the past this was never the case?

I just straight up leave if it's a Templar just like the bashcro cheese and werewolves a few patches ago.

It's out of control right now. We'll see how the dot changes affect this.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

My current experience is that it's a waste of time to fight a Templar 1v1 now as it's almost certainly an auto-loss to my light armor build and that it takes 3 ppl to kill them. If you want to just try to excuse that to me being bad then how do you explain how this is only a recent phenomenon where as in the past this was never the case?

I just straight up leave if it's a Templar just like the bashcro cheese and werewolves a few patches ago.

I'm really thinking about next patch, in which they have a couple of significant changes coming. Mea culpa. The situation is better on the PTS.

My first assumption wouldn't be that you're bad, but that you're playing a spec that's been overnerfed. That's my point. If NBs are having a lot of trouble fighting templars rn, it's not because templars are godly. It's because NBs have been hammered too many times. The distinction matters because trying to solve that by making templars suck too just shoves the whole milieu downward again, and the fun quotient keeps dropping for everybody.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm really thinking about next patch, in which they have a couple of significant changes coming. Mea culpa. The situation is better on the PTS.

My first assumption wouldn't be that you're bad, but that you're playing a spec that's been overnerfed. That's my point. If NBs are having a lot of trouble fighting templars rn, it's not because templars are godly. It's because NBs have been hammered too many times. The distinction matters because trying to solve that by making templars suck too just shoves the whole milieu downward again, and the fun quotient keeps dropping for everybody.

Sure but then look at something like a necro which is literally the most garbage class ever and then they get nerfed lol. Too many problems to count rn
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf the nerf threads!? I like your thinking😁👍 while we're at it could we nerf the nerf the nerf threads?

And in a week or so nerf the nerf the nerf the nerf threads 😂
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure but then look at something like a necro which is literally the most garbage class ever and then they get nerfed lol. Too many problems to count rn

Friends don't let friends magcro.

It's possible that giving the classes our power and fun back is coming, but the most likely scenario is that templars will keep getting tinkered with until they're as messed up as everybody else. Or worse. Worse is always a possibility. They've spent plenty of time in the basement before.

And that's a shame. It sucks when it happens to my favorite specs, and I don't want it for anybody else either.
    Edited by SipofMaim on October 14, 2019 7:56PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem here is not the PVP forum posters, it's ZOS.

You have to understand that when people say "hey, this skill seems a bit unbalanced, maybe it should be toned down a bit" we mean "let's tone it down by 25-30%".

ZOS response: "That sounds reasonable, but let's hit it upside the head with a 60% nerf."

The problem is that people belive those big nerfs happens because of some random forum QQ threads.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    msalvia wrote: »
    If we got rid of nerf threads, what would pvpers do on the forums? I mean, I guess they could spend that time learning counterplay, but what's the value in that?

Most pvp'ers dont post nerf threads. Pve players who come into pvp, get humiliated, then post forum whining.

Only the community has itself to blame for this mess. Put in some effort to learn some counters instead of begging ZOS to dumb down the game for you.

Pulling 80-100k dps in PVE still not good enough? Firing off ranged dots for massive damage still not good enough?

The game is all sort of broke now since ZOS didn’t have the courage to make you go learn to play.

It’s like a parent giving you cake to shut you up instead of making you eat your veggies. Tastes great at the time, but you just end up fat and ugly at the end. ZOS knows better...
    Edited by Skoomah on October 14, 2019 10:07PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of the forums is to discuss game related topics, including issues related to combat. Regardless of the state of the game, players will always have opinions, so this will be ongoing. Regardless of how anyone plays ESO, it's fair for us to express what we prefer.

With that said, I think it's completely delusional to blame PVP players for nerfs. The reason there are so many adjustments from a PVP perspective after an update is because PVP is afterthought most of the time. It should be blatantly obvious to everyone that most of the game is designed for casual PVE first (including trials) and adjusted for everything else after.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    The purpose of the forums is to discuss game related topics, including issues related to combat. Regardless of the state of the game, players will always have opinions, so this will be ongoing. Regardless of how anyone plays ESO, it's fair for us to express what we prefer.

With that said, I think it's completely delusional to blame PVP players for nerfs. The reason there are so many adjustments from a PVP perspective after an update is because PVP is afterthought most of the time. It should be blatantly obvious to everyone that most of the game is designed for casual PVE first (including trials) and adjusted for everything else after.

Correct. We get the game the community asked for.