Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for trees with falling petals

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In the world, I’ve seen both ginkgo and cherry trees with petals drifting down. The Blooming Ginkgo Tree is available from the Home Furnishings vendor in Alinor, Summerset. I bought most of the cherry blossom trees from the vendor in Skywatch, Auridon but, unless I’ve missed something, none of those have the petal animation. Are there other trees with this effect available anywhere? The sites I’ve looked at listing ESO furnishings do not indicate if and how they are animated. I would like to have a number of these trees in my Moon Sugar Meadow and would be glad to know what varieties are available. Thank you! :)

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The animated cherry trees are the Jester Festival achievement trees.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

Thank you! :) Alas, this means I must wait until the spring to acquire them? :(

If you don't have the achievement, yes.

If you do, I think you can buy them from the achievement vendor anytime? Sorry, its been a while since I bought Festival furnishings.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do, I think you can buy them from the achievement vendor anytime? Sorry, its been a while since I bought Festival furnishings.

Thank you so much for your help! I started playing in July so I’ll have to wait until then, alas. It seems odd to have a furnishing such as this tied to a specific festival! What have cherry trees to do with jesters? Ah well. :/

The Auridon jester's quest involves throwing cherry petals on festival goers and grumpy professors.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might be able to find them in the Guild Stores.

Note, I think these are the things that kill my frame rates on my Target Dummies. I have 6 or 8 of them on my property. 1 or 2 are probably fine if there is a training dummy nearby
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    Also the big Ginkgo trees from Summerset (Alinor home goods furnisher) drop petals.
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked and you probably can't buy the Jester Trees in a kiosk. Although you can buy the Pavillion which I thought was behind and Achievement too.

UESP has a nice Furniture section which will tell you what you can and can not buy in the game.
    Edited by Nestor on September 9, 2019 6:16PM

Answer ✓
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 If you're a PC player, you can change any blooming tree into one you seek by using Essential Housing Tools FX section (Leaves, Spiraling or Leaves, Drifting, just mind to change the colour). I am not a person who relies only on FX, though they have some advantages (cost 0 gold, 2k fx in each house). Mix and match ;)
    Edited by bayushi2005 on September 9, 2019 6:52PM
    Answer ✓
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The only problem with these is they have a certain, darker, look, as they are covered in large thorns.

So, if you are looking for light and pretty, they may not be ideal.

It's a shame the regular cherry trees don't have the animation.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

The only problem with these is they have a certain, darker, look, as they are covered in large thorns.

Covered in large thorns?! That seems absurd! :( Well, at least I am no loner disappointed that I cannot buy those trees now... I really hope they make regular cherry blossom trees with falling petals available at some point!!!

Personally, I didnt think the thorns were that bad, but YMMV.
    This is the large jester's cherry tree.
    Tree-Jesters-Large.jpg
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/tree-jesters-large/
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 13, 2019 9:39PM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31

The Impresario's Assistant, where you normally do the Indrik stuff, has the Jester Trees for sale. I think you need the basic Jester Achievement to get the trees.

Answer ✓
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, maybe the thorns are why the description on the Jester’s trees say something like “Does this tree look funny to you?”

Never thought much about it before.

I have two of the trees and don’t mind they have thorns. The falling petals are worth it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for your help! I started playing in July so I’ll have to wait until then, alas. It seems odd to have a furnishing such as this tied to a specific festival! What have cherry trees to do with jesters? Ah well. :/
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

You might be able to find them in the Guild Stores.

Note, I think these are the things that kill my frame rates on my Target Dummies. I have 6 or 8 of them on my property. 1 or 2 are probably fine if there is a training dummy nearby

Oh, I had assumed that achievement furnishings were account bound — glad to learn otherwise! :smiley: And thank you for the heads up about frame rate! Have you noticed that being specific to these trees or is it an issue with animated and/or particle-generating furnishings more broadly? I think I shall make an area for target practice and dueling apart from the main building and grove. :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked and you probably can't buy the Jester Trees in a kiosk. Although you can buy the Pavillion which I thought was behind and Achievement too.

UESP has a nice Furniture section which will tell you what you can and can not buy in the game.

Bummer! :( Thank you for checking! UESP is my favorite site for furnishings since they have pictures and include price and where-to-buy information. :)
    Ithilis wrote: »
    Also the big Ginkgo trees from Summerset (Alinor home goods furnisher) drop petals.

Yes, they are very nice — I bought half a dozen of them! :smiley: I was hoping to mix in another variety with them but it seems I’ll have to stick with the normal cherry blossom trees for now (which are lovely too but I did want to increase the petal effect in one area).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 9, 2019 7:12PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 If you're a PC player, you can change any blooming tree into one you seek by using Essential Housing Tools FX section (Leaves, Spiraling or Leaves, Drifting, just mind to change the colour). I am not a person who relies only on FX, though they have some advantages (cost 0 gold, 2k fx in each house). Mix and match ;)

I am a PC player and had been avoiding add-ons but this may change my mind — thank you for the info! :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 12, 2019 3:24PM
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Achievement furnishings are bound, and can only be purchased from the Achievement Furnisher by the character who has the achievement.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Covered in large thorns?! That seems absurd! :( Well, at least I am no loner disappointed that I cannot buy those trees now... I really hope they make regular cherry blossom trees with falling petals available at some point!!!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I didnt think the thorns were that bad, but YMMV.
    This is the large jester's cherry tree.
    Tree-Jesters-Large.jpg
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/tree-jesters-large/

Okay, that’s not as bad as I’d imagined, but still, why??? Cherry trees don’t have thorns, not even in Tamriel. But they’re not too obnoxious and might be largely discussed by surrounding foliage. I might buy a few after all, when they’re finally available again, if they don’t make proper cherry blossom trees with falling petals available first!

Thank you for the link! :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31

The Impresario's Assistant, where you normally do the Indrik stuff, has the Jester Trees for sale. I think you need the basic Jester Achievement to get the trees.

Thank you so much for pointing this out! Alas, I don’t have the Jester Achievement yet since I started ESO only this past summer. For now, lots of blooming ginkgo trees and I’m going to experiment with EHT effects. :3
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Protip: if you turn the trees upside down and hide the trunk (if you wish), the petals will fall upwards. You can create some interesting effects with this.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be mistaken, but I had thought I had seen an Apple Tree with animations.
    Not sure if in the 'wild' or in someones house.
    I don't want you to waste your gold, but might be worth asking around.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31

Thank you so much for pointing this out! Alas, I don’t have the Jester Achievement yet since I started ESO only this past summer. For now, lots of blooming ginkgo trees and I’m going to experiment with EHT effects. :3

That's exactly what I did too 😊
    I still love using the trees, but with EHT, you can really get some amazing and beautiful colors/animations.
    Best of luck to you on the achievement!
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I might be mistaken, but I had thought I had seen an Apple Tree with animations.
    Not sure if in the 'wild' or in someones house.
    I don't want you to waste your gold, but might be worth asking around.

If anyone ever finds this, please let me know. I would totally love an animated apple tree. Falling apples especially would be awesome. I do seem to recall hearing about a Crabapple tree possibly swaying, but I have yet to actually see it in person. More life, movement, animation would definitely be welcome.