Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Nerf this nerf that..

jadarock
jadarock
✭✭✭✭✭
Can the community please stop calling for nerfs? Soon we'll all be poppin pots and roleplaying attacks with clown store goodies emotes and emojis! Every thread I read people are asking for changes and nerfs
Play the game quit trying to mold it into your own personal playground !!
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    too late see pts patch notes
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf playgrounds. I hate it when kids use them.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf playgrounds. I hate it when kids use them.

Yeah. Haha. Kids. Ooonly kids. Would be quite ridiculous if a grown-up would enjoy a swing!
    *looks nervously around*
    (^_^)'
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf this thread.

Please.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was Skyrim online
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Can the community please stop calling for nerfs? Soon we'll all be poppin pots and roleplaying attacks with clown store goodies emotes and emojis! Every thread I read people are asking for changes and nerfs
    Play the game quit trying to mold it into your own personal playground !!

Just nerf everything already.

All skill do the same damage.

All weapons have the same damage.

All armors have the same resistance.

All races have the same stats.

FFS, JUST NERF EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on for years - it's not going to change. You should have been here in 2016 when we had Viper OMG. These nerf threads are nothing compared to that time. Super fun though !
  • whiskidou
    whiskidou
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Nerf this thread.

Please.

+1
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's Nerf or NOTHING!
  • DCZergNoob
    DCZergNoob
    ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for years - it's not going to change. You should have been here in 2016 when we had Viper OMG. These nerf threads are nothing compared to that time. Super fun though !

Id actually rather 1tam meta then load screen and bs dot meta while sitting on 400 latency all the time
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's go back to when there was dynamic ultigen cause never nerf :trollface:
    let's go back to when snipe was a 1 hit kill cause never nerf :trollface:
    let's go back to when crit surge healed on every crit you did. every. crit. cause never nerf :trollface:
    nerfs are never warranted and only terrible players want them :trollface:
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kill somebody it needs a nerf - somebody kills me I need to be buffed.

Since 2015 😂
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Need fall damage
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just nerf everything already.
    All skill do the same damage.
    All weapons have the same damage.
    All armors have the same resistance.
    All races have the same stats.

Part of the problem in ESO is actually that you can specialize too deeply for one particular thing. This allows people to "play your way" but you dominate a niche too much.

Example: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497553/battlegrounds
    Rezdayn wrote: »
    ... dont need to be constantly running into 4 mans using coms and staying in perfect little balls with nothing but tank builds getting 0 kills and capping flags..

So when a PvPer finds a niche and it's working for them, great. The specialize for it and dominate. They tell everyone to stfu and l2p. Their build is theoretically unbalanced, BUT only in their NICHE play.
    But when they are thwarted in their niche play, they complain that the person is cheap/cheesy/unfair/not-really-pvp/blah blah blah
    Or they don't like someone's niche (sniper-gankers, maybe?) they also call it cheap/cheesy/unfair/boring/whatever.

What a move toward homogenization does is reduce the ability to too-deeply specialize. This makes all styles of pvp play more viable with the same builds and you don't get lop-sided niche-domination and cookie-cutter teams.
    It's like this in SWTOR. And compared to ESO, SWTOR's combat mechanics are extremely boring. They can't really even specialize at all for PvP or niches, they have to just reprioritize their rotations. (although the upcoming gearing changes in Onslaught might change that soon).

So you want boring or you want unbalanced niche players?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 14, 2019 8:50PM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS created this problem. They nerf everything that's effective because some bad players decided they wanted to cry on the forums instead of learning to play so now this has become the culture of this game.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    You people are so dramatic. When skills are overperforming, its not a bad thing to make them less powerful. It's called balancing the game. Just shut the *** up and run your entropy/soul trap while you can.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    You people are so dramatic. When skills are overperforming, its not a bad thing to make them less powerful. It's called balancing the game. Just shut the *** up and run your entropy/soul trap while you can.

You people? Uh ok...
    We dont need nerf threads 24/7 like we've been experiencing period.
    There has been an overabundance of nerf threads lately and its ridiculous.
    I don't slot either of those skills cause I'm not a Meta ***
    Edited by jadarock on October 15, 2019 1:11PM
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »

Except of course balance is a myth in this game and pretty much impossible for them to do. That's why 5+years in and we still have massive overhauls of abilities. Whether people call for nerfs or not it will just continue as it's their way of forcing you to constantly grind by deliberately shifting the meta and nerfing the most popular stuff each time. Nerf threads just make their job easier as it gives them ideas and then they can pass the changes off as being what the community wants.