The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Calling all Two Handed users

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    Its work but unlike knocked back... i have chance to deffend myself, not flying and eaten by dot ticks in the air :D

You said defend thats not aloud to happen its unfair!!!!!!!!

But no its bs that people dont want to look for different ways to do something just 😢 all the time and this change brings alot to making good changes for the game both for user and opponent so i like it skill will matter more then button smashing
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 11, 2019 10:18AM
  • Weisstag
    Weisstag
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this is such a good change... you people who qq just don't get it and iam actually happy that most people will stay away from dizzy... even tho it's getting buffed (in hands of a good player)
    Right now literally anyone can use it and benefit from it bc it's just such a cheese skill
    Edited by Weisstag on October 11, 2019 10:28AM
    Iam an EU player...so Iam pretty used to suffering
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its work but unlike knocked back... i have chance to deffend myself, not flying and eaten by dot ticks in the air :D

But no its bs that people dont want to look for different ways to do something just 😢 all the time and this change brings alot to making good changes for the game both for user and opponent so i like it skill will matter more then button smashing

On a serious note, you are right to some extend. But also people are just tired of constant throwing away their builds because of overeager changes each patch.
    This change to dizzy mechanics doesn't change much. But I guess you can understand how people feel now that every weapon spam is nerfed over the last 2 patches, especially when they cling on classes that don't have any class skills to fall back on.

Weisstag wrote: »
    Honestly this is such a good change... you people who qq just don't get it and iam actually happy that most people will stay away from dizzy... even tho it's getting buffed (in hands of a good player)
    Right now literally anyone can use it and benefit from it bc it's just such a cheese skill

I hate to break it to you, but just because it buffs your build doesn't mean it gets buffed on every build. Medium builds with tactician and exploiter will end up with 16% dmg loss. That's it. But sure, on a heavy armor build it will be easier to get that Exploiter working. Which still means 6% less dmg. But whatever.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 11, 2019 10:33AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On a serious note, you are right to some extend. But also people are just tired of constant throwing away their builds because of overeager changes each patch.
    This change to dizzy mechanics doesn't change much. But I guess you can understand how people feel now that every weapon spam is nerfed over the last 2 patches, especially when they cling on classes that don't have any class skills to fall back on.

I agree this rollercoaster hasn't been the finest ride but most of it unfortunately falls right back to threads like this 😢 over things that could had been dealt with by an simple change in build over 😢 for everything to be nurffed to the dirt yes some changes have been made by developers just because they seen fit but tbh even an few of them i can see their reasons behind the change and do i feel bad for the classes that NEEDED an skill like DS was an lil but with the change i know i DONT feel bad to the DS spamming 4v1 zerglings that need to L2P
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree this rollercoaster hasn't been the finest ride but most of it unfortunately falls right back to threads like this 😢 over things that could had been dealt with by an simple change in build over 😢 for everything to be nurffed to the dirt yes some changes have been made by developers just because they seen fit but tbh even an few of them i can see their reasons behind the change and do i feel bad for the classes that NEEDED an skill like DS was an lil but with the change i know i DONT feel bad to the DS spamming 4v1 zerglings that need to L2P

@Chilly-McFreeze
    Sorry tried cutting out part not responding to
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    As PVE Two Handed user - I don't care about dizzy and raging discussion about it across multitude of threads. I do want carve and stampede back, can we have those nice things? Not like they were overperforming neither in PVE nor PVP.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »
    As PVE Two Handed user - I don't care about dizzy and raging discussion about it across multitude of threads. I do want carve and stampede back, can we have those nice things? Not like they were overperforming neither in PVE nor PVP.

why would you need a gap closer in pve
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »

why would you need a gap closer in pve

Because it does good damage on the live? I ditched bow and running stampede + carve on backbar with vma 2hander on my full melee pve build. Bit clunky to use with big bosses, but otherwise nice option for some variety among stam chars, most of which look and feel the same with mostly weapon skills.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weisstag wrote: »

i'm worried that this is going to be very true. If heavy's land reliably by casting during the dizzy channel, this is going to be a significant buff to an already over-performing skill.

we'll see.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see pts dizzy as a big nerf they you're the type of person the nerf was for. MIndlessly spamming 1 skill.

Try learn to light weave and medium weave between and it's actually better off.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    I don't see why its even a thing, no real balance making these changes to it, It's not a Class skill. every class can use it.

It's a slow cast, you miss half the time fighting w/ all the speed boosts.

Heavy attack weaving, That's a brain child, stupid. imo.

Again its not heavy weaving its medium weaving.

Also guessing you have no idea what that is so get googling and you may improve at the game.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    no. i like off balance. the stun becomes controllable and i get 10% extra damage.

You only get the 10% extra damage with the Exploiter CP. Every dedicated Dizzy build invest so much in Master-at-Arms that Tactician is probably a given anyway. That means most opponents are set off balance anyway. So you gain nothing in CP and no-CP.
    i got 66 in MaA and 19 in Physical Wep. medium build. i dont have Tactician. This way i can swap med or heavy depending on the situation (solo, small group, zerg) and won't waste CP in case im in heavy and a shield and won't be dodging a lot of stuff.

so, yes, if ur a dedicated Dizzy build, sure, u can play Dark Soul dodge all you want, but personally I'm happy any class now won't get shoehorned on a "Dizzy BiS" build.

then yes, i like off-balance because i can control my stun, and if all else fail, i'll sling poop at them 3x. (or Fossilize, worst case scenario)

Additionally, if we talk PvE, that's some straight up no-dodging off-balance situational with vDLC or trials. i'd argue it's actually a buff.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3d1s3u.jpg

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3d1s3u.jpg

..... I'd love to have THAT as an ULTIMATE.

(ok, maybe 8m, not 28m.... we can't all be wielding Volendrung...)
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix Flurry
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    guys we need to get this thread to 4 pages so we can look more important than dragonknights
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    guys we need to get this thread to 4 pages so we can look more important than dragonknights

I'll get right on that.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My dk likes a big sword sometimes to :*
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but im a 2H DK..............
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to nerf the damage and maybe put it back to a 1 seconds cast time. They are the ones that made it op by buffing the damage and shortening the cast. Removing the stun completely guts the skill and takes away the fun, classes like stamsorc who have use dizzying swing for 5 YEARS are now screwed. People say ''oh just medium attack and itl knock them down'' try doing that with 5 fps in cyrodiil, its not reliable at all. This change is ALMOST as bad as the ultimate cast times, on another note this dswing change will make the gap between stamina templars and all other stam classes even wider as templars not only have a ranged stun but also a very reliable spammable. Blows my mind.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    They just need to nerf the damage and maybe put it back to a 1 seconds cast time. They are the ones that made it op by buffing the damage and shortening the cast. Removing the stun completely guts the skill and takes away the fun, classes like stamsorc who have use dizzying swing for 5 YEARS are now screwed. People say ''oh just medium attack and itl knock them down'' try doing that with 5 fps in cyrodiil, its not reliable at all. This change is ALMOST as bad as the ultimate cast times, on another note this dswing change will make the gap between stamina templars and all other stam classes even wider as templars not only have a ranged stun but also a very reliable spammable. Blows my mind.

+1 on the class part but...

they nerfed the damage significantly before they shortened the cast time. Remember? Took 14% off when they removed the post gcd (0.1s) and then buffed back up by 9% when they shortened the cast time. Now another 16% nerf.

So if DS did 1k dmg with "1.1s" in U21, it did 860 in U22 (1s).
    Then got buffed to 937 in U23 (0.8s and cost reduction).
    In U22 it would be 787 and knockback removal just fyi.

Why on earth does it need to do even less damage if they would put the cast time back to 1s? Leave the dmg and stun as is, put it back to 1s and we're done here. Bonus points for buffing other weapon spams back up again. They became insignificant after the last nerf rage or had their issues from the get go (Flurry's peak dmg at the end, Crushing is clunky on melee in lag).
    And no, off balance isn't a buff in no cp.