The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Extended ritual needs to change.

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
This skill in my opinion is way too strong in a pvp setting when paired with the templar passive sacred ground. It provides a cleanse, a heal, a synergie AND a snare with a huge radius. I think the passive should be re worked and the snare should be removed passively and added to ritual of retribution. That way you can choose wether to have a snare and less cleanse or a full cleanse with no snare. The fact that it provides all this utility and a 30% movement snare is insane considering snares have been removed from things like flying dagger and crit rush. Remove the snare from this skill and itl automatically balance templar, the snare is way too much and completely nullifies any speed advantage.
Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on October 10, 2019 7:37AM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30% movement snare is nothing and gets overwritten by almost any other snare in game. Unless they still stack but I think that got changed at one point.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll still be snared from sun fire, sweeps and living dark next patch.

At least with ER you can simply walk out of it.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings RIP, Extended Ritual is definitely next, but then we're coming after cloak and streak so careful what you wish for. And just remember: once every skill is a variation on a single formula this game is basically a shooter.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your solution is to remove it just to give it to the actual overloaded morph ? Lol
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An aoe snare like it has is very OP and I agree, the snare should be moved to the other morph. People who disagree are likely very biased
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    This skill in my opinion is way too strong in a pvp setting when paired with the templar passive sacred ground. It provides a cleanse, a heal, a synergie AND a snare with a huge radius. I think the passive should be re worked and the snare should be removed passively and added to ritual of retribution. That way you can choose wether to have a snare and less cleanse or a full cleanse with no snare. The fact that it provides all this utility and a 30% movement snare is insane considering snares have been removed from things like flying dagger and crit rush. Remove the snare from this skill and itl automatically balance templar, the snare is way too much and completely nullifies any speed advantage.

Yes, remove the snare from the passive and replace it with minor expedition or something else! The snare is redundant and worthless (30%). Sun Fire (40%) and sweeps (40%) are better snares. To remind everyone, snares Do Not stack!

Also since we are in the topic of snares, remove the snare on living Dark and replace it with Major Mending. Class identity - DK have stronger DOTs, Templars should have stronger heals.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main is Magplar, and I would vote to remove it and give it something useful. That 30% doesn't affect anyone that I fight against.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to rage until I read the whole thing. I don't even really notice the snare being useful, honestly. Kind of seems out of place to me.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose you're one of the may posters who complain about each patch being full of nerfs and the loss of class identity?
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

Yes, remove the snare from the passive and replace it with minor expedition or something else! The snare is redundant and worthless (30%). Sun Fire (40%) and sweeps (40%) are better snares. To remind everyone, snares Do Not stack!

Also since we are in the topic of snares, remove the snare on living Dark and replace it with Major Mending. Class identity - DK have stronger DOTs, Templars should have stronger heals.

Oh my. If those changes went live, my Magplar would be invincible even in an enemy ballgroup :D
    I see no reason to remove that tiny snare from Ritual. The only time it can be usefull is when escaping or kiting in a tower and only against zerglings who don't have any form of snare removal.
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    Templar identity are SNARES for some reason i've never understood. If you remove that what's left?

btw
    snares calculation are changing next patch right? :/
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But.. but... Sacred Ground is Wrobel's famous Templar house. Back when magplar was garbage this was the one bone Wrobel threw to the class.

This snare is fine IMO. The more evil snare was the one on the end of Jabs and they are thankfully reworking that.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're complaining about a 30 percent snare. Really. Because it counters your "speed advantage" in that extremely obvious stationary glowing circle.

Well. They could change another iconic class skill because you're slightly inconvenienced. Or you could just figure out how to deal with it and every single templar in the game won't have to eat another nerf. That's an option.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30% movement snare is nothing and gets overwritten by almost any other snare in game. Unless they still stack but I think that got changed at one point.

If its nothing then remove it, Its the range of the snare thats the problem. In a tower or resource, BG's or im city it can cover an entire building and slow everybody down inside of it. It makes a massive difference and needs to be looked at considering the other benefits the skills provides.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If its nothing then remove it, Its the range of the snare thats the problem. In a tower or resource, BG's or im city it can cover an entire building and slow everybody down inside of it. It makes a massive difference and needs to be looked at considering the other benefits the skills provides.

What difference? That you have to use RAT to chase that 1vXer who is LOSing zerglings around?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill is definetly overloaded.

Massive aoe heal that heals similar ticks to vigor, massive aoe snare which is 100% relevent not sure why some people don't think so, self purge, best purge in the form of a synergy and a good aoe dot if you chose that morph.

So 5 good effects in 1 skill.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    My main is Magplar, and I would vote to remove it and give it something useful. That 30% doesn't affect anyone that I fight against.

I've been playing a lot of magplar this patch, i'd vote to just remove it altogether. Snares should be something you actively apply and not just get via passive on a huge aoe skill that you primary use to purge/ heal/ provide a synergy.
    PS4 EU DC

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahah! When will it end for Templars.

What difference? That you have to use RAT to chase that 1vXer who is LOSing zerglings around?

Don't tell him about things like snare removal/immunity.. you'll blow his mind.
    Hexquisite wrote: »

OP isn't suggesting a buff - He's saying that he wants to be able to extend the mobility advantage over one of the least mobile classes in game; that or he just doesn't want to run snare immunity like anyone with common sense.

OP whilst you're at it you should advocate the removal of the 50% snare on caltrops too, that must really *** your "speed advantage" up.
    Edited by BNOC on October 11, 2019 1:29PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Massive aoe heal that heals similar ticks to vigor

*** lol
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people always talk about passives when discussing what a skill does?

Man, that nightblade cloak. Gives them 6 seconds of major ward and major resolve, boosts their health by 2%, increases all their recoveries by 7%, and let's them completely abandon active combat whenever they feel like it. ***'s OP af
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Man, that nightblade cloak. Gives them 6 seconds of major ward and major resolve, boosts their health by 2%, increases all their recoveries by 7%, and let's them completely abandon active combat whenever they feel like it. ***'s OP af

Remove the 2% weapon/spell damage boost from streak, it has too much utility!
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*** lol

Heals similar to vigor. Stop don't embarrass your self anymore!!!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*** lol

I literally get 3k crit heal ticks on this skill?

Passives are very relevant? Do you just ignore them and pretend they don't exist?

In they case buff dk dots because they suck (if you ignore the dot passives). Passives are very relevant.
    PS4 EU DC

• lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭

*** lol

Ok Im not here to argue whether the skill derserves to keep all of its utility aspects but its just factually incorrect to compare the heals between this and vigor. Its primary purpose is to purge and thats what it excels at.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would gladly exchange the 30% snare for 10% minor expedition while standing in the ritual and for 2 seconds after leaving it.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ER Heals every 2 seconds.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything, imo, is way too strong in PvP. Please nerf. I’ve played PvP for 4 whole months, and like, I play solo (next to 20 other people) on, like, two different classes so you can trust me when I say that something in is just unacceptably OP. And listen guys, I’m not one to post nerf threads, but this is serious.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be 100% delighted to trade the 30% snare for personal snare immunity within the AOE.

Honestly they should just make Major and Minor Snare debuffs and let them be 10%/30% - stackable, of course, for a maximum 40% snare if you've got both. Snares are a huge annoyance with the combat system and this would make them tolerable, at least.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on October 12, 2019 6:00PM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill start think by saying I think the skill is fine and should not be changed

But

It's a bit crap when classes like magnb lose seconds effect s because they "gave too much" but then you have a massive hot dot snare purge and purge synnergy.

It annoys me thier inconsistency
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill start think by saying I think the skill is fine and should not be changed

But

It's a bit crap when classes like magnb lose seconds effect s because they "gave too much" but then you have a massive hot dot snare purge and purge synnergy.

It annoys me thier inconsistency

Same. But maybe "Skills can't do *two things!" will just die in a fire now they're adding effects to streak, bound arma, etc. It was a stupid idea in the first place, and inconsistently applied mostly to the classes that happened to be doing well at that moment on the ZOS wheel o' endless changes.

* And definitely not three whole things!
    Edited by SipofMaim on October 13, 2019 12:12PM