Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An error occurred...STILL HAPPENING

Bw04h
Bw04h
Haven't been able to play for a week, I can get passed character select, people say they hot fixed this earlier but here I am still suffering. Tried all the other 'fixes' ZOS suggest to those with the same issue, still no dice :(
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    I think I should add I'm not on the Steam version
  • HonoriAmma
    HonoriAmma
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem since 4 pm yesterday.

My main char, over five years, is suddenly unloggable.

Last played in Sanctum Ophidia as healer, game crashed after bridge fight had to ctr/alt/delete to get out, never kicked me out.
    waited an hour, came back and played a different character was in dungeon and the same thing happened. Everything froze but my character, this lasted a full hour. I had to ctr/alt/delete to get out. After that the game would not let me log in the rest of the night.
    Next day. Exactly the same. Cant' log in. "error 301" message or "wait a few minutes and try again" message. This was fixed after 3 support tickets today. Finally in character load screen, has now been over 3 hours trying to load main character in.
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    I managed to get in after about 15 min of entering password and literately trying all my chars, got lucky played for like an hour tried to enter a delve>load screen>main menu, now when I try to log in again i get an error saying I'm already logged on
    Edited by Bw04h on October 9, 2019 8:59PM
  • HonoriAmma
    HonoriAmma
    ✭✭
    Probably should add: win7, NA, and non steam. There were two window updates yesterday. Dunno what kind of magic or squirrels they throw in there to make it all work behind the curtain, but seems like something isn't playing nice...
  • HonoriAmma
    HonoriAmma
    ✭✭
    You may have a messed up shader cache file or no cache at all. Delete shadercache.cooked in your ESO documents folder and edit UserSettings.txt and make sure you have this line: SET CachedRLREnabled "1". Log in, should take a while as it builds the cache. After that it should be fast every time."

@ZOS_BillE

Please sticky this.[/quote]

This did it for me. GOOD LUCK!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Bw04h

If the suggestion from @HonoriAmma doesn't help you with logging in, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Scorpionwind
    Scorpionwind
    ✭✭
    @Bw04h do not bother with support. I have had this issue for 3weeks and tried everything. (go through the forums and you will see).

Get Wtfast.

ZoS has no idea what the problem is or does not care.

I re-installed the whole game and created a thread "an error occurred.... Character load request" and a large portion of the player base seems to be impacted by this.
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    @ZOS_BillE thanks for the reply I tried that already and have now opened a ticket
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    @Scorpionwind thanks will try that
  • Kreygar
    Kreygar
    Soul Shriven
    A week? With the same problem, I can not enter the game for a MONTH. Paid month Eso plus. I tried to solve the problem myself, I communicated with TESO support, I talk with my provider, and again communicated with TESO support. I have now been waiting a week for a response from teso's "special team" to help me.
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    @Kreygar oof thats rough, I did get a response to my ticket, it was the generic copy paste answer and the second answer was that I got a dynamic ip and eso is bad with dynamic need to get static, well guess what i've been playing like this for 3 and half years with no issues so why is it a problem now i asked, no reply as of yet. Also why should i get a vpn just to play a game thats utter garbage service
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    Also many people are complaining about the same issue maybe I don't know maybe its not a issue on our end, I don't know just a thought
    Edited by Bw04h on October 12, 2019 8:30PM
  • Kreygar
    Kreygar
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I have the same problem, and also dynamic IP. I can easily log into the game through a VPN or another provider. But the thing is, I didn't get any warnings from Teso about blocking my ip address. I'm not going to switch to another provider or buy access through a VPN. Basically, I don't mind getting a static IP, but will it solve my problem? Teso support didn't tell me anything about it. I also received an email today asking if I am satisfied with TESO services. Personally, I think I'm being bullied.
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    @Kreygar truer words haven't been spoken
    Edited by Bw04h on October 12, 2019 8:31PM
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    This is so frustration, I give up
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    What @Scorpionwind recommended work, getting wtfast, kinda sucks though getting paying for another service to play a game, welp to anyone else with a similar issue getting a vpn will help
  • Scorpionwind
    Scorpionwind
    ✭✭
    @Bw04h @Kreygar

I like Bethesda/ZoS a lot and the genre, but I seriously wonder if support are just bots.

Also, paying for a third party service in order to enjoy this game is kind of absurd.

Got the email of buy one month, get one free - replied with this issue.