Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing issues with EHT when importing saves - SOLVED

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited: This issue is now resolved, please see comment #9 below
Hi,
Hopefully somebody can help.
I have saved a house build on the PTS using EHT and shared it with somebody. They have gone away and crafted all the items and placed them in the house, stacked neatly together. But when they paste the data in and press 'import', the game crashes. They have tried this several times with the same result. Their EHT is up to date.
Any advice?
@R_K @StabbityDoom @sueblue - Just wondering if you guys might be bale to help.
Thanks in advance.
Edited by Zypheran on October 13, 2019 5:45PM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    you do realize your pulling data from the PTS will not be compatible with the data on live right
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    i mean imagine if you were able to copy game data and bring it to live. do you really think that would be a thing? ZoS cant and wont risk something like that.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @unclesheosnephew thanks for the reply. What you're saying certainly makes sense but the save function in EHT was designed to allow house build transfers from PTS to Live. The saved file doesn't contain any real game data just item ID's and position data to allow another users EHT to determine where items are to be placed.
    Essentially it is plotting where an item is placed and copying that position when imported.
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    supposed to and allowed to are two separate things. There could be the most minute change to something that would prevent this from doing so. This is the finale to the whole year. Live could see what you are importing as incompatible game data. just because the guy works for them doesnt mean he has everything ready for the addon to do it for this pts as well
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @unclesheosnephew valid point. Maybe this will get resolved when Dragonhold goes live and add-ons are updated accordingly
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    thats my thoughts, during a down cycle the PTS is still there so its possible to pull the info from there easily since its the same as live but i think to protect themselves from another necromancer situation they may have done something to limit data being shared
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hopefully somebody can help.
    I have saved a house build on the PTS using EHT and shared it with somebody. They have gone away and crafted all the items and placed them in the house, stacked neatly together. But when they paste the data in and press 'import', the game crashes. They have tried this several times with the same result. Their EHT is up to date.
    Any advice?
    @R_K @StabbityDoom @sueblue - Just wondering if you guys might be bale to help.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi @Zypheran - You are correct; you should be able to design a home on PTS, select all of the items, copy them to EHT's clipboard & export that clipboard to share with another player. That player should then be able to import the clipboard and, presuming that they have the same items (regardless of whether they have the Crown or Crafted versions of the same items - either should work), they should be able to "Paste" the same layout into their home.

So since it sounds like that Clipboard Import step is where the failure is -- would it be possible for you to message me here on the Forums with that Clipboard attached as a .TXT (Notepad) file? I would like to try importing the clipboard myself to troubleshoot where its getting hung up. :)

Thanks so much for your help!
    Edited by R_K on October 11, 2019 4:35PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @R_K
    Problem solved.
    For anyone else experiencing any crashing issues when importing a save file, try give the file to somebody else first and see if they can import it. In this case, it looks like there was an issue with the version of EHT that the other person was using to import the save file.
    Also, I found out from this, that I could go to somebody else's house and use my EHT to upload a save file for them as long as they had the items in their house and gave me decorator rights.
    I must say, for everyones benefit, it was an incredibly easy system to use. I was able to build something on the PTS using crown bought furniture from there and save the build. The save file comes with a list of all the items you need to replicate the build. You can then share that file with another player on ANY PC platform. All they need to do is craft or buy the items on the list and leave them in the house. Then either they or you can impost the save data and hey presto, the build is transferred.
    I cannot understate, this is one of the most amazing features that any add-on has ever given to housing.
    Cardi, as ever, you do so much for this community - my thanks