Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I found how to make magsorcs great again. Build is in!

talfx5
talfx5
✭✭✭
Glass cannons! OMG this makes this class so *** fun to play!
Ive been maining a Magsorc for over a year, i have all the viable sets for magsorc, golden top sets like necro and such. I tried building for everything right...Resistances,Health, damage, stam, sustain. all of the above and beyond. I found that it makes the class not shines at anything this patch if you go that route. You will end up dead anyway.
So.... I was like, if im dead might as well not let them damage right?
I have 18k health, 10k stam, 60k mag, 2.2k recovery, 3k sd, 14k resistances. And... OMG. this is working well over and beyond my imaginations. i bursted a guy using brass, brp duel wield with major protection procced, from 100 to 0. in 1 moment. literally all the damage was on screen. about 25k damage in a moment. through all his 35k resistances and 38% mitigation. I have no words.
That was the highlight i would say. but walking around in cyrodil thinking "well 50% of the players just gonna die from me simply looking at them" is unmatchable.
Plus, my shields are 20k, i can survive like any burst from anyone, but obviously not for long, so streak and back to dps. Let me tell you i havnt met more than 3 people that stood this damage over 20 seconds in the past week. And surely ball of lightening makes this build so hard to fight. Templars, Im coming for ya.

I was that unkillable sorc for months, going with 35k resistances and insane heals and sustain. It was never so fun tbh. But this patch its obviously impossible building for high tankyness with all the dots.
I just wish i knew this is possible. It definitely makes this class the most fun class to play for me at the moment. a week ago i thought this class is dead and will never be fun again. whoosh.

Im still looking for tips how to improve it! but here is what im running:

front bar: Crafty Alfiq infused inferno staff, shock damage.
back bar: Crafty Alfiq Infused Ice staff, weapon damage.

Hat :Dominhas, heavy, impen, magicka glyph.
Chest: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
Shoulders: Infernal guardian, med, impen, magicka glyph.
belt: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
gloves: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
legs: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
feet: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.

Necklace: Crafty Alfiq, spell damage, arcane.
ring: Crafty Alfiq, mag recovery, arcane.
ring: Crafty Alfiq, mag recovery, arcane. (sometimes i switch the glyph to spell damage here)

Skills:

Front bar: Elemental weapon, crystal frags, endless fury, mages light, Bound Armaments. ULT= meteor
Back bar: Harden ward, Dampen magic, dark conversion, ball of lightening, boundless storm. ULT =Temporal Guard

Race:

High elf.

Food:
ghastly eye bowl.

Mundus:

Max magicka.

Vampire:
No. im squishy as is, and the sustain is incredibly high anyway.

Potion:
spell damage potion. just the basic one from battlegrounds vendor will do fine, as we get Major Prophecy from mages light slotted.

CP is pretty basic, 0 points in Damage over time ofcouse. running only direct damage. get it as high as possible and youre solid. invest a lot in light attack and direct attack.

Now, let me answer some things in advance.
Why not go Necro and alfiq? you wont reach nearly the same max mag and sustain with that. not to mention you have to lose bar space or slotting shadowren which is terrible at outnumbered.

Why having only 3 attacks? wow thats pretty long to explain, basically you would procc shock buff faster because of endless fury, and you wont waste any time on so many skills, your high burst is on demand. you dont wait for anything. you want things dead and now. not even for curse. EW->La->CF>EF>METEOR>STREAK or in whatever order tbh, will be an over kill against a lot of people you meet. and that combo easy to hit. 3 skills.

Why streak as main stun on glass cannon? well I sometimes slot something else like rune cage instead of bound armaments, works very well but you lost a *** ton of damage. It wont seem much at first but thats too much damage loss, and because you just use 3 attacks, you will need that burst to be as high as possible.

Why no heals?
Dark conversion will heal about 50% of your health. thats one plus of having very low health i guess.

Ok, I hope i didnt miss anything. wow i really wanted to share it. Its the best fun i had with sorc in forever. on other patches that could have been way better ofcourse.
And this is still pretty tanky, 20k shields with 15k resistances is not something to take super lightly. Like i said you will survive anyones burst, just not for long. dont let them damage.

I tried basically everything i can think of, like I said I own every viable set for sorc. this is by far the best thing to run this patch. atleast for me.
I recommend trying it, and have fun guys!
Still if I missed something that could make it better, I would love to hear.

Random stuff from last 2 days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDD465gUk5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B74do99g3AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdxv1H8ENMs

Edited by talfx5 on October 27, 2019 2:00PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't this build fall apart when any bruiser spec look at you?
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

No ,like i said, 20-22k shields with impen and 15k rersistances is pretty tanky. you will survive anyones burst. but not if they use your build. i died from my frags and EW alone reflected by a stamdk. yeah. dont let it happen.
    But other than that, never happen to me that i got havely bursted. my shields and streak do the job. People wont be able to burst the shields alone. But like i said, you should be the agressive one. they wont attack much.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    talfx5 wrote: »

No ,like i said, 20-22k shields with impen and 15k rersistances is pretty tanky. you will survive anyones burst. but not if they use your build. i died from my frags and EW alone reflected by a stamdk. yeah. dont let it happen.
    But other than that, never happen to me that i got havely bursted. my shields and streak do the job. People wont be able to burst the shields alone. But like i said, you should be the agressive one. they wont attack much.

Wait, what?

Is this a nerf sorc thread in disguise?

Edited by The_Lex on October 10, 2019 3:48PM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

Wait, what?

whops. I lied that damage was nothing. please dont nerf.

Edited by talfx5 on October 10, 2019 3:51PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?

I'm assuming Shield Ult
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That stamina will be the death of you. Zaan would add more damage than mismatched max mag monster pieces. Curse adds more damage than Inner Light/Bound Aegis.
    But above all, you're just useless to your alliance this way. Glass cannon, pfff... You don't need a lot of power if you can simply streak away in open world. But what can you do in a tower fight? A flag fight? A fight over a camp? Nothing.
    No personal offense.
    Edited by Lord-Otto on October 10, 2019 4:03PM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    That stamina will be the death of you. Zaan would add more damage than mismatched max mag monster pieces. Curse adds more damage than Inner Light/Bound Aegis.
    But above all, you're just useless to your alliance this way. Glass cannon, pfff... You don't need a lot of power if you can simply streak away in open world. But what can you do in a tower fight? A flag fight? A fight over a camp? Nothing.
    You dps from a far. Zaan is useless. this build you simply look at something and you want it to die. NOW. you dont wait for anything.
    And becuase i stack magicka, these combo sets will give you the most damage more than any monster set. by far.
    I can do anything you mentioned. i dont see why you assume these things.
    Dont need a lot of power if you can streak? i dont get it...

Edited by talfx5 on October 10, 2019 4:02PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many break free's can you do with 10k stam? Is fossilize a death sentence?

It's been a while since I tried anything with so little stamina.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs they too strong. Frags needs like a 30s timer and the ward needs to have a cast time. Also think the streak needs to have it's distance reduced to 8 meters. Also I think the ult passive should increase the cost not decrease, thats absurd
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?

I'm assuming Shield Ult
    No personal offense.

You dont need power if you can streak away? What? Streak is defensive or stun really. So how does an evasive maneuver make up for damage 😂 I wouldn't run this build in a million years, but you're still making no sense
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs they too strong. Frags needs like a 30s timer and the ward needs to have a cast time. Also think the streak needs to have it's distance reduced to 8 meters. Also I think the ult passive should increase the cost not decrease, thats absurd

Imagine being mad about sorcs in this meta 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    How many break free's can you do with 10k stam? Is fossilize a death sentence?

It's been a while since I tried anything with so little stamina.

With stam its fine, i have enough to break free and heal with dark conversion. just obviously not a really long fight. you should end things fast. and you will. Or you would die before the stam running out, one of the two.
    So stam is not a problem for this. you can always get higher stam and HP at a cost of mag recovery if you feel like it. but i found it not worth it. the mag sustain is needed most of all, people will be defensive as hell.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

lmao
    Edited by talfx5 on October 10, 2019 4:48PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What’s weak about sorcs? Nothing I can see, they just aren’t overtuned anymore.

Granted I’m still leveling so haven’t hit cap where proc sets take over. Frags is basicly an instant cast snipe when it procs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this build is literally what a huge population of every mag spec is using.

You could roll tristat and triune, would give you the hp and stam for a solid 1vx build and still allow eyebowl.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

You could roll tristat and triune, would give you the hp and stam for a solid 1vx build and still allow eyebowl.
    No its not. People using this sets have 45k mag. The new thing is with the food and skills, what makes it to be the most powerful a sorc can be. And the rest of the tiny bits that put a large affect at the end. Dont just look at sets and think it ends there. I used these sets before in a completely different way.
    And changing it to tri stat would completely miss the point of this build. Dont drop any piece of damage. Its too damn high and i like it.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

What’s weak about sorcs? Nothing I can see, they just aren’t overtuned anymore.

Granted I’m still leveling so haven’t hit cap where proc sets take over. Frags is basicly an instant cast snipe when it procs.

My frags hit about double than an average snipe. 12k crits on tanky mofos.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just ask yourself: the combination of Aegis+Light has been in the game for years. Why have the competent players always preferred actual skills?
    And no, you can't fight in a tower or on a flag, as Streak becomes unavailable. Your strategy is to run away from any decent fight, and as such you will never contribute to those.

Anyways, I realize I sound a bit hostile. It's great that you took the time to explain your build in-depth, very appreciated! :3 What I'm trying to say is that we've been there - sorcs have tried that route before. And there are a couple of downsides that made us decide against stat stacking like this. That's also why I don't use Elemental Drain, a skill that is missing from your build and would increase your damage by about 8%, by the way.
    If you're content with the options your build provides, cool! I'm just saying I would prefer to pick more fights. No offense intended, keep sharing your builds! C=
    Edited by Lord-Otto on October 10, 2019 11:18PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No its not. People using this sets have 45k mag. The new thing is with the food and skills, what makes it to be the most powerful a sorc can be. And the rest of the tiny bits that put a large affect at the end. Dont just look at sets and think it ends there. I used these sets before in a completely different way.
    And changing it to tri stat would completely miss the point of this build. Dont drop any piece of damage. Its too damn high and i like it.

It's for zerging, which is fine. But EVERYTHING works in a zerg setting. The recommendation for tristats is just to make it a solo contender, no sense in having too much magicka that your hp actually caps your shield.

This is only a good build where you can afford to neglect critical parts of a fully developed pvp build. I mean you admit it yourself, you're not running heals and are being carried by stacking shields which is exploitable with good cc burst combinations.

Dark conversation at your stamina level as your healing mechanic.... fight someone good who ccs on cooldown, tell me how that goes. It also doesn't heal 10k in pvp.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Just ask yourself: the combination of Aegis+Light has been in the game for years. Why have the competent players always preferred actual skills?
    And no, you can't fight in a tower or on a flag, as Streak becomes unavailable. Your strategy is to run away from any decent fight, and as such you will never contribute to those.

Anyways, I realize I sound a bit hostile. It's great that you took the time to explain your build in-depth, very appreciated! :3 What I'm trying to say is that we've been there - sorcs have tried that route before. And there are a couple of downsides that made us decide against stat stacking like this. That's also why I don't use Elemental Drain, a skill that is missing from your build and would increase your damage by about 8%, by the way.
    If you're content with the options your build provides, cool! I'm just saying I would prefer to pick more fights. No offense intended, keep sharing your builds! C=

I still can take a few people on me in towers, happened a few time when i couldnt kite downhil. In this patch you have 120% health from your shields with this build, you still be tankier than most players in your group. But you will ne the most valuabe person in a group. No matter where the fight is. You will burst people so fast, and meteor? A lot of times ive seen it almost 1 shot people grouped up.

Btw slotting ele drain wont be good. First of all every skill i slotted is so needed you wont wanna take anything out, secondly, thats another attack basicly, more time waisted and tbh.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

It's for zerging, which is fine. But EVERYTHING works in a zerg setting. The recommendation for tristats is just to make it a solo contender, no sense in having too much magicka that your hp actually caps your shield.

This is only a good build where you can afford to neglect critical parts of a fully developed pvp build. I mean you admit it yourself, you're not running heals and are being carried by stacking shields which is exploitable with good cc burst combinations.

Dark conversation at your stamina level as your healing mechanic.... fight someone good who ccs on cooldown, tell me how that goes. It also doesn't heal 10k in pvp.

I killed some of the top players. I used to duel for hours and thats all i did for a year. I know what works. 25k damage in a second against 35k resistances players works. Trust me, it works. Gotta play smart.
    I dont recommend dueling with this ofc, the strength is using BOL reflect at max range. Your fights wont be long, most stam players would be gone by then, the only thing that is hard is other sorcs or dot magdens. But even that ive beaten a lot.
    Yes you can die fast, but that is the playstyle. High risk high reward. But still, you will be with very very high shields, you obviously can take a few people on you, just not for too long, just streak and pick em before the pressure is too much. its so fun to keep seeing people go from 100 to 0 in a bang.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭

I killed some of the top players. I used to duel for hours and thats all i did for a year. I know what works. 25k damage in a second against 35k resistances players works. Trust me, it works. Gotta play smart.
    I dont recommend dueling with this ofc, the strength is using BOL reflect at max range. Your fights wont be long, most stam players would be gone by then, the only thing that is hard is other sorcs or dot magdens. But even that ive beaten a lot.
    Yes you can die fast, but that is the playstyle. High risk high reward. But still, you will be with very very high shields, you obviously can take a few people on you, just not for too long, just streak and pick em before the pressure is too much. its so fun to keep seeing people go from 100 to 0 in a bang.

What about situations when you wont be able to cast shield on yrself? No bashing, just wonder.
  • coradaelu
    coradaelu
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this build could work.... i have already go with a similar build and have nice damage output and the Ice Staff can save you from a lot of situations, you can also go with the restoration staff + ULT for the Oh *** situations + BoL, you should use Tri stat pots when you are in a lot of pressure, run this build with 2 or 3 Sorcs and the fun will be guaranteed ;D just don't let your stam go low.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only viable on CP campaign right? Stam is too low.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • coradaelu
    coradaelu
    ✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

What about situations when you wont be able to cast shield on yrself? No bashing, just wonder.

Block with the Ice Staff and Streak away
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no curse :no_mouth:

Edit: And then talking about streak CC and using BOL to absorb projectiles? How does that work out? You port out and switch morphs quick?
    Edited by Derra on October 11, 2019 8:22AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    no curse :no_mouth:

Edit: And then talking about streak CC and using BOL to absorb projectiles? How does that work out? You port out and switch morphs quick?

There are over 10 reasons why not to slot curse this patch. to name a few main ones- No time to put curse. you burst people faster than the curse poping off. You dont have bar space. you want to have unpredictable burst. all at the same time in 1 second.
    When i said streak i meant BOL. You can still stun with it this patch. Next patch I will slot rune cage like mentioned.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Only viable on CP campaign right? Stam is too low.

In Battle grounds its way too good. i end up with 20 kills each match by minimum.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

Like someone said and i forgot to mention, i have a ton of mag sustain and 60k mag with an Ice staff, you can block a lot. but i never came to this situation when i cant cast shields other than rare silencers.
    coradaelu wrote: »
    Yes this build could work.... i have already go with a similar build and have nice damage output and the Ice Staff can save you from a lot of situations, you can also go with the restoration staff + ULT for the Oh *** situations + BoL, you should use Tri stat pots when you are in a lot of pressure, run this build with 2 or 3 Sorcs and the fun will be guaranteed ;D just don't let your stam go low.
    Yep I have any another class and i just cant think of going back to play any of them. this setup is so good, and most of all its the most fun i had on eso.

Edited by talfx5 on October 11, 2019 8:57AM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean again, when haven't they been great?