Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Elsweyr Chaise, LOUNGE] What animation should be used

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭

[Elsweyr Chaise, LOUNGE] What animation should be used 65 votes

Sitting on it like a bench (current animation when you use it)
0%
Sleep on it like a bed
1%
spartaxoxo 1 vote
Lounge on it like a diva
96%
Imryllchuck-18_ESOGalenEarrindodcam86b14_ESOAnelliumBriannaLuvSporvanIruil_ESOSantieClawsixieNebthet78LADYKiLLERZephiran23HaruspexAjaxandrielreoskitbayushi2005StreegaSilverwillow 63 votes
Something else
1%
Raideen 1 vote
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    Should be the same animation as the “Sit ground 3” emote in my opinion so like a diva I guess
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on October 4, 2019 1:23PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    Definitely lounging on a lounge chair ... sleeping on a bed... sitting on a chair... falling off drunk from a bar stool.. (or, wait, maybe that's just me) 😉
    Edited by Delphinia on October 4, 2019 7:40PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We're having a Inn Room decoration contest in one of my guilds. I'm not normally a furnisher but I'm really starting to notice a lot of little things that detract from the experience.
    This is one, and meditation chairs where you just sit normally is another. :/ Which is unfortunate because we know there is a sit-down meditation pose.
    Would be nice if ZOS did an audit pass on their furnishings and picked out the most appropriate animation instead of the safest one. @ZOS_GinaBruno Don't even have to make new animations. Like @Shadow_Akula suggested, a change on the Lounge Chaise to Sit Ground 3 would already be a great improvement.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 4, 2019 9:01PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    We're having a Inn Room decoration contest in one of my guilds. I'm not normally a furnisher but I'm really starting to notice a lot of little things that detract from the experience.
    This is one, and meditation chairs where you just sit normally is another. :/ Which is unfortunate because we know there is a sit-down meditation pose.
    Would be nice if ZOS did an audit pass on their furnishings and picked out the most appropriate animation instead of the safest one. @ZOS_GinaBruno Don't even have to make new animations. Like @Shadow_Akula suggested, a change on the Lounge Chaise to Sit Ground 3 would already be a great improvement.

I'm sorry but I've giggled on "audit pass". ZOS don't do that on full houses, which they later sell for 15k+ crowns. I'm bit disillusioned here, but maybe if we push strong enough this time... ;)
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I've giggled on "audit pass". ZOS don't do that on full houses, which they later sell for 15k+ crowns. I'm bit disillusioned here, but maybe if we push strong enough this time... ;)

You don't ask you don't get. Especially when the squeaky wheel is invariably people in shouting matches over what combat ability needs to be nerfed.
    Traditionally furnishings in MMO = convenient gold sink. And that's it. Probably because home decorations aren't the sort of topic that ignites fires all over PTS.
    I bet ZOS is happy to just quietly milk the home furnishings community for Crowns and use it as a gold sink, without having to make any improvements if they don't have to.

I don't see any other avenue except to keep asking. Or go to a game that has better support for home furnishings and such. But you won't get the Elder Scrolls IP if you go.

Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 4, 2019 9:32PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    Well, so far it's unanimous at "Diva"! I was a bit put off by the "bench sit" animation myself.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Well, so far it's unanimous at "Diva"! I was a bit put off by the "bench sit" animation myself.

Sometimes the weirdest things escape the devs.
    Like in FFXIV, in an inn room you can sleep on the bed to log out.
    But if you put a bed in your own house or apartment, you can't interact with it at all. o.O
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Sometimes the weirdest things escape the devs.
    Like in FFXIV, in an inn room you can sleep on the bed to log out.
    But if you put a bed in your own house or apartment, you can't interact with it at all. o.O

My daughter played that for a while, and I remember her mentioning that!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    That's unanimous, then, lol.

Shouldn't be much of a problem, as the lounging animation already exists.

As it is, it cuts through my Bosmer's leg, as she sits on it. :/
    Edited by Tigerseye on October 7, 2019 2:34AM
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    I love the state of this poll
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    No doubt about it, Lounge like a Diva.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something else
    I voted something else. I would like to see a "Lounge on it like someone reading a book".
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    Raideen wrote: »
    I voted something else. I would like to see a "Lounge on it like someone reading a book".

WOOIOOOOOOOOWESEEWWWWW
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Definitely lounging on a lounge chair ... sleeping on a bed... sitting on a chair... falling off drunk from a bar stool.. (or, wait, maybe that's just me) 😉

😂😂😂😂😂
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combo breaker to ruin this one bit of perfection
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    I was so disappointed when my character just sat on the chaise longue like a normal chair and didn't lay herself down like a diva. On a side note, it's not even spelled correctly, the proper french spelling is chaise longue, not chaise lounge. I'm sure there's some sort of immersive explanation for that one however...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garish wrote: »
    I was so disappointed when my character just sat on the chaise longue like a normal chair and didn't lay herself down like a diva. On a side note, it's not even spelled correctly, the proper french spelling is chaise longue, not chaise lounge. I'm sure there's some sort of immersive explanation for that one however...

I thought it was called a setee, but technically it’s a fainting couch
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep on it like a bed
    Combo breakers are bad. Anyway I think you should catch some zzzs.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 15, 2019 9:55AM
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lounge on it like a diva
    It's a fainting couch! A dramatic faint emote is required! :p

fainting-couch-1566494843.jpg?resize=480:*
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez