The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game crashes when muting sound immediately after pressing play and launching.

mortimerrush
mortimerrush
Soul Shriven
4wyms7g26fuz.png

- Platform, PC.

Crash happens whether I use an external keyboard or the laptop's own keyboard.

Recreated 4 times so far.

- Details:

You start with the sound coming through, press play on the launcher, immediately mute volume using keyboard the instant the first black screen shows up (or just after pressing play?), then you're stuck with the black screen and a report crash window.

- Solution:

Submit crash report or cancel, go back to launcher, press play, avoid changing volume before reaching the login.

- Attached a picture, if you would like me to give some hardware information or anything else, just ask and tell me how.

Didn't notice anything any other discussion, though I only checked the first two pages after typing "crash launcher play volume"

Edited by mortimerrush on October 7, 2019 2:51PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mortimerrush

Could you provide us with more information on the laptop model you are using?

You can link to a game consultant report or DxDiag in this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mortimerrush
    mortimerrush
    Soul Shriven
    Here's the report.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mortimerrush

Thank you for linking to your game consultant. When checking under devices it is showing you have a Wacom Tablet connected to your laptop. Try disconnecting and disabling this device to see if it is contributing to the game crashing when you mute using the keyboard.
    Staff Post
  • mortimerrush
    mortimerrush
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @mortimerrush

Thank you for linking to your game consultant. When checking under devices it is showing you have a Wacom Tablet connected to your laptop. Try disconnecting and disabling this device to see if it is contributing to the game crashing when you mute using the keyboard.

Strange. While I do own a Wacom tablet, it is not connected or on (either through wired or wireless) when launching eso.

I looked under processes in task manager, to find anything related. I ended some processes listed as "tablet", but the crash still occurs when following those steps. I also tried disconnecting everything wired, like the external keyboard, but it still happens.

Maybe the existence of the Wacom driver or tablet programs on the PC does this? If so, then deleting them would solve it, though I'm not willing to do that.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Wow thats like turning on the microwave whenever you flip the light switch bad.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mortimerrush

Another step to try to rule out any processes causing the crash is rebooting into a selective startup. This will disable third party programs which can sometimes cause conflicts and lead to crashes like this.
    Staff Post