The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5.2.3 looks fine but...

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they shouldn't adjust it anymore and look how it plays out. 8 s seems long but one thing is the cooldowns, another one is it's purgeable and last one is it doesn't matter against regards because they within 3 s anyway...
    PC EU - DC only
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you are reverting back to a aoe/dot/spammable dps meta as it SHOULD be... too bad you cant revert losing a lot of endgame players :wink:
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's too much.

It would be too much if it applied on the first hit like it does right now but it applies only on the 3rd hit meaning you have more than 2 seconds to get out of it (the initial animation takes 0.5 to 1 second?).

I do PvP more than I PvE these days and I can tell that based on the number of times I fought vs Necros, that major vuln wouldn't hit me often. I sometimes get the 1st hit so right now, major vuln is applied for 3 seconds on me but I RARELY get hit by the second let alone the 3rd tick.

Heck, even if it's a teammate, I still get out of it as soon as I see the animation (it would help to be on coms with the randos but wtv).
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    +1 for 8 seconds is too much. We just needed Onslaught to 5 seconds which seems like an appropriate amount.
    8 seconds might indeed be too much, but as I said in the post right above yours, we have to be careful when trying to compare the Colossus to Onslaught. Other than the buff/debuff duration, Onslaught is superior to the Colossus in every non-zerging scenario.
    - It's significantly cheaper.
    - It does far more damage, all of which lands in a single burst instead of over 3 seconds.
    - It isn't nearly as telegraphed.
    - The buff isn't subject to being cleansed.
    - The buff can benefit the "caster" against targets that weren't near the original target of the Ultimate.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in All, Colossus is still very counterable, weither major vuln proccing on first or last hit.

if it was to be on last hit only, maybe some 70%snare for 1s after each dmg would make everyone happy... more chance to land, efficient-ness at each slam.. whatever, if that's the very issue about the entire patchnotes, well.. we should sword some champagne!!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    +1 for 8 seconds is too much. We just needed Onslaught to 5 seconds which seems like an appropriate amount.
    8 seconds might indeed be too much, but as I said in the post right above yours, we have to be careful when trying to compare the Colossus to Onslaught. Other than the buff/debuff duration, Onslaught is superior to the Colossus in every non-zerging scenario.
    - It does far more damage, all of which lands in a single burst instead of over 3 seconds.
    - The buff can benefit the "caster" against targets that weren't near the original target of the Ultimate.

This is true about 12 seconds Onslaught. With 5 seconds half of that bonuses are irrelevant. As for the telegraph onslaught has very distinctive "slash" sound which means "ROLL-DODGE NOW".
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is true about 12 seconds Onslaught. With 5 seconds half of that bonuses are irrelevant. As for the telegraph onslaught has very distinctive "slash" sound which means "ROLL-DODGE NOW".

So which part of the statement you quoted is not true about the 5-second Onslaught?

Feels like you’re arguing just for the sake of it now.

EU | PC | AD
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

So which part of the statement you quoted is not true about the 5-second Onslaught?

Feels like you’re arguing just for the sake of it now.

"The buff isn't subject to be cleansed" - 5 seconds is too short of a buff to think about ways of cancelling it. The same you can think about major berserk of nightblade's mark, which you will see like never.
    "The buff can benefit the "caster" against targets that weren't near" - same. 5 seconds is very small time window. You can only use it against targets which were in reach on cast. It is zero chance you will use it against anybody else even with gap closer.

"It isn't nearly as telegraphed" - Onslaught is fully telegraphed. Basically any Onslaught used not on stunlock'd target will be dodged, because everybody knows that sound and knows what will happen if onslaught not dodged.

Of course on Live Onslaught is extremely deadly. But we are talking about PTS. 5 seconds duration just turns it to niche anti-tank short-burst tool. I guess original intent was to have 5 seconds which increase to 8 at level 4. But then somebody decided "let's gut it" and everybody's silent, because Dizzy-Onslaught-Executioner is used like by every stam player on Live and everybody tired of it. OK. But then we see 8 seconds of colossus and then onslaught gutting loses any sense.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"The buff isn't subject to be cleansed" - 5 seconds is too short of a buff to think about ways of cancelling it. The same you can think about major berserk of nightblade's mark, which you will see like never.
    "The buff can benefit the "caster" against targets that weren't near" - same. 5 seconds is very small time window. You can only use it against targets which were in reach on cast. It is zero chance you will use it against anybody else even with gap closer.

"It isn't nearly as telegraphed" - Onslaught is fully telegraphed. Basically any Onslaught used not on stunlock'd target will be dodged, because everybody knows that sound and knows what will happen if onslaught not dodged.

Of course on Live Onslaught is extremely deadly. But we are talking about PTS. 5 seconds duration just turns it to niche anti-tank short-burst tool. I guess original intent was to have 5 seconds which increase to 8 at level 4. But then somebody decided "let's gut it" and everybody's silent, because Dizzy-Onslaught-Executioner is used like by every stam player on Live and everybody tired of it. OK. But then we see 8 seconds of colossus and then onslaught gutting loses any sense.

What are you even talking about?

- You can't "cancel" buffs, that's exactly the point. How would you even cancel major berserk if you knew the NB had it. Templars will purify the Major Vuln though.
    - The players within reach of the cast, could well be more players than those Onslaught managed to land on. You could land onslaught on 1 player, kill him with it and get 5 secs on the next target. No such benefit for Colossus
    - I don't have to explain how stupid it sounds to compare a 250ms audio warning to a 1s huge visual. It's 4 times longer warning and much more obvious. Hence it lands far far more often.

I think we better leave it here, cause it feels to me like preaching about gravity to the flat earth society. This discussion will get us nowhere.

EU | PC | AD
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

What are you even talking about?

- You can't "cancel" buffs, that's exactly the point. How would you even cancel major berserk if you knew the NB had it. Templars will purify the Major Vuln though.
    - The players within reach of the cast, could well be more players than those Onslaught managed to land on. You could land onslaught on 1 player, kill him with it and get 5 secs on the next target. No such benefit for Colossus
    - I don't have to explain how stupid it sounds to compare a 250ms audio warning to a 1s huge visual. It's 4 times longer warning and much more obvious. Hence it lands far far more often.

I think we better leave it here, cause it feels to me like preaching about gravity to the flat earth society. This discussion will get us nowhere.

If you read my first post on this, I stated that I don't think that 8 seconds of colossus is OP, I think that Onslaught is just mindlessly nerfed in wrong way. How many times you were killed after somebody onslaughted somebody else, and how many times when onslaught landed after dizzy stunlock with transition into "executioner spam"? For onslaught executioner combo absolutely nothing changed.... idk, soft up to 60% HP with something else then dizzy, then turn evil into onslaught into executioner, it will still be viable combo. So most dangerous part of onslaught is still there, they just nerfed secondary effect and nullified hybrids again.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS: "Major buffs like Maj Protection are huge game-changers and we need to reduce their uptime to balance things better."
    Also ZoS: "We're upping Maj Vulnerability from three seconds to eight."

Me:
    nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you forgot the 20s cooldown on marjor vuln bro :wink: from a pve pov stacking necros wont be so valuable now.

ps: it was a 5sec major vuln, not 3 from the same pve pov (2sec between 1st and last hit +3sec)