Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PVE problems in PVP below 50LVL

Ellawissa
Ellawissa
Hi. I'm currently cp600 player and I'm playing PVP since very beggining of my ESO-jorney, but mostly I've been in PVP guilds with raids, groups and CP-campaings, so I've never had an issue with mobs. Now I'm trying something new for me - PVP below 50 in Cyrodiil and I'm expiriencing a great problem with mobs instantly killing me because their damage and time of respown is higher than I can withstand. Can you please give me any tips, what should I do?
I know that my CP-points don't work in that campaighn so I left them unallocated. Charackter is Orc-stam-warden with 2-handed sword and a bow on heal-bar for rare long-distance attacs.
I'm running Impenetrable havy armor (Morkludin, Coldharbour Favourite and 2 pieces of Hunding rage (before was something for resistence, but I thought that I need more damage than protection and now I forgot the name of set).
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ellawissa wrote: »
    Hi. I'm currently cp600 player and I'm playing PVP since very beggining of my ESO-jorney, but mostly I've been in PVP guilds with raids, groups and CP-campaings, so I've never had an issue with mobs. Now I'm trying something new for me - PVP below 50 in Cyrodiil and I'm expiriencing a great problem with mobs instantly killing me because their damage and time of respown is higher than I can withstand. Can you please give me any tips, what should I do?
    I know that my CP-points don't work in that campaighn so I left them unallocated. Charackter is Orc-stam-warden with 2-handed sword and a bow on heal-bar for rare long-distance attacs.
    I'm running Impenetrable havy armor (Morkludin, Coldharbour Favourite and 2 pieces of Hunding rage (before was something for resistence, but I thought that I need more damage than protection and now I forgot the name of set).

To be honest the only advice i could give you for that is to simply not engage on whatever kills you on your own.

And since I play in nonVet quite often too and dont really have problems dealing with NPCs I simply have to say that it might be just an issue for you.

I for example really have no problems soloing ressources on below 50 even though I noticed that it got harder with the recent patches.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Ellawissa
    Ellawissa
    Jierdanit wrote: »

To be honest the only advice i could give you for that is to simply not engage on whatever kills you on your own.

And since I play in nonVet quite often too and dont really have problems dealing with NPCs I simply have to say that it might be just an issue for you.

Well, thank you thou this doesn't helped me a lot :D
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if mork actually procs at 10%

Last I tested, it was 1% (1000s of light attacks tested)

Cold harbors fav is not gonna help you much in PvE, it's gonna be a very mediocre heal or a mediocre burst against mobs.

For pre 50 I'd recommend one set of defense (like brass cuz it's craftable) one sustain set (like shackle breaker) and then something with weapon damage

You currently have two proc sets, one potentially bugged, that are meh at best. Go for a much more stat based set up.

I'm sure you'll notice better healing and faster take downs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    some suggestions.
    make sure your armour level is at your current level or its scaling falls off drastically if 5 levels under. make sure you repaired your armour. make sure you have at least a purple weapon, gold preferable. hopefully you are not vamp fire is a killer in pvp, you don't need vamp as stam. you should be able to wear 2 heavy, 5 medium and have at least 25k:(use skill with major ward/resolve). you need enough pvp levels to get vigor. As waffennacht said brass and +1 sustain/stats set then 2 pieces for damage. make sure you add the alliance war passives as you earn them.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ellawissa wrote: »
    Jierdanit wrote: »

Well, thank you thou this doesn't helped me a lot :D

His advice was to maybe don't pick fights that you can't take, which is solid advice in general. But if you are wondering why you can't take the fights you are currently picking, it's probably your build.
  • Ellawissa
    Ellawissa
    I'm not sure if mork actually procs at 10%

Last I tested, it was 1% (1000s of light attacks tested)

Cold harbors fav is not gonna help you much in PvE, it's gonna be a very mediocre heal or a mediocre burst against mobs.

For pre 50 I'd recommend one set of defense (like brass cuz it's craftable) one sustain set (like shackle breaker) and then something with weapon damage

You currently have two proc sets, one potentially bugged, that are meh at best. Go for a much more stat based set up.

I'm sure you'll notice better healing and faster take downs

Thank you! I've just realized as you write it, that I have 2 procable sets and its always bad idea, even in PVE not so great. I'll change it and, hopefully, everything will be ok.:D
    some suggestions.
    make sure your armour level is at your current level or its scaling falls off drastically if 5 levels under. make sure you repaired your armour. make sure you have at least a purple weapon, gold preferable. hopefully you are not vamp fire is a killer in pvp, you don't need vamp as stam. you should be able to wear 2 heavy, 5 medium and have at least 25k:(use skill with major ward/resolve). you need enough pvp levels to get vigor. As waffennacht said brass and +1 sustain/stats set then 2 pieces for damage. make sure you add the alliance war passives as you earn them.

Thanks. I'm not shure, if you read, that I'm not a totall newbie in PVP or not, but thank you for you time anyway :) (Yeah, it would be very strange to make PVP-vampire-warden and then go face to face with people and dk-mobs. Jep :D )
    I have new gear every 5to8 lvls, violet, only jewelerry is blue because I'm not enough cool to waist so much more :) Passives that help me, Vigor, racial passives - everything is included
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What gear are you using? What is you spell or weapon damage?
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this happen in sub50 regardless of gear. I recommend going for the mage guard first and hitting the flag with a meatbag before engaging