Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When was the last time you saw

TheNightflame
TheNightflame
✭✭✭✭✭
A nova drop
veil of blades/bolstering darkness drop
a non npc standard drop
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolstering right before the zerg ball drops Ults and rushes cap. Nova once in a bg (he had 50k damage done 5k heals) standard isn't bad, shifting gives you seething fury stacks, but the gcd is kind of a pain.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on October 1, 2019 1:51AM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nova can be useful for some progression groups in damage intensive fights, like vhof hm execute.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both MagDK and StamDK DD's use standard, so that one I see often.

The others, not so often though since damage is king and damage reduction is not.
    EU PC
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both yesterday in battlegrounds. If we're talking pve I guess last nova or veil was at my first hof hm clear, standards are just when on stamdk which is not that much now.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veil/Bolstering never unless vHoF progression

Nova/standard daily in PvP.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova is common thing in organised group with dedicated synergizer +/- Vicious Death. Drop in the group when your mates stun targets, synergizer with as much SD as possible press X, everything explodes.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never see veil. Nova sometimes in 4-man dungeons, or on flags in Cyrodiil. Standard on the regular.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others said, there are a ton of novas in organized group pvp with harmony bombers.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please start making your articles have a useful title instead of trying to tease everyone with leaving off the last word or 2. It makes the forum a much more useful place to research things.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean, these aren't supposed to be topics people search for to find information (if i'm being informative i'll title things aptly). These topics are really for me to just see what people have to say
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your point? Not every ultimate needs to be used.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When last time you saw stamplar or magden in an organized PVE raid? :) I mean game has more glaring balance issues then veil or nova, which are both very powerful from protection side, but since everyone just cares about dps and prefers to wipe so...
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really just wanted to see if anyone's seen them be used all that much. I've seen, and have used, most ultis in the game very regularly, but seeing a nova drop seems like a distant memory (in HoF we rotate warhorns, unless execute gets bad in hm). I can't even recall seeing a veil of blades be dropped since 1T.

I just wanted to see if I wasn't seeing these *ultimates* because of how I was playing and who with, to if they actually aren't used in front of people (i.e. only by overland players).

edit: ultimate morphs are a different story, this is just about the overall visual of one type of ultimate (i.e. counting ballista and toxic barrage as the same thing).
    Edited by TheNightflame on October 4, 2019 6:01AM
  • whiskidou
    whiskidou
    I see a lot of nova drop in pvp, maybe not as many as other popular ults but theres a bunch out there. Standard is out there too a lot, but veil is kind of rare.