Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial magicka builds

Pauls
Pauls
✭✭✭✭✭
Four of my chars are imperials and only templar was made in magicka from start, but I want to try magicka version of dk and warden without making 2 more chars and diving into grind frenzy.
Despite imperial passives are more stam oriented they are obviously have use in pvp, having 2k more stam and health for mag build never hurts, and Red Diamond passive is good too because I'm playing in No-CP campaign only.
Here example of what I want for DK:
Inferno nirn staff with sustain glyph, backbar resto or s&b, for s&b setup rapid regen swaps to meditate, heroic slash, inhale, or maybe even vamp drain – there many choices, need some testing on that. Could also swap to volatile armor and use another monster set. Backbar ulti also could be magma, spell wall or resto ult as emergency button.
Heavy armor 5/1/1 for more defence and stats buff. BTB and Shacklebreaker with all prismatic glyphs. For monster set I'll start with Chudan, it will give more survivability, free slot and permabuff (saves some mag too), also can be changed to Engine guardian, Shadowrend or Stonekeeper for more sustain.
Tri stat pots or lingering health if using s&b. Maybe double dot or magicka and hp drain poisons.
Main combo: cauterize/inferno, ele drain, engulfing, embers, 3x charged whip, leap as finisher.
Link: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=155885

I'm very curious if anyone played for a long time with imperial mag chars, please share your experiense, its very appreciated. Thanks.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your build looks nice but for the amount of defense it provides, it doesn't have enough damage/self-healing it should. At least in comparison to my builds. It has nothing special to it. No significant set synergies.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play Imperial magDK in no CP. It can be really good, I went with a Max Stats type of build. Just changed to nord with same gear to see how it compares...
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    Your build looks nice but for the amount of defense it provides, it doesn't have enough damage/self-healing it should. At least in comparison to my builds. It has nothing special to it. No significant set synergies.

what do you run for MagDK?
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imperial despite being a "stam" class actually is fine as magicka, as having a larger stam and health pool makes playing them a lot more smooth (break free, sprint, roll dodge, etc.)

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an Imperial Warden that I've used as both mag and stam, and have no problems with either.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a magNecro who’s Imperial. I picked Imperial mostly for RP and because I didn’t have one.

My verdict is that it’s pretty decent but slightly below Breton and Altmer in either sustain or damage when you adjust the builds to balance out the racial bonuses. But nothing prohibitive. Imo it could use a small buff by changing the 2k stamina bonus to 1250 for mag and stam. So extra 500 resources only but a balance between stam and mag. But it’s a pretty alright class.
    EU | PC | AD
  • TheMikrobe
    TheMikrobe
    ✭✭
    I have a magden that I race changed from Breton to Imperial, and I like it much better now. It feels more balanced and with red diamond and the netch I only run out of magicka during long fights. I PvP with it in cp campaigns, but in no-CP I'd put one or two recovery glyphs on the rings.

It doesn't have enough outright damage or defence to be very good solo, but provides good support (crowd control, healing) and damage in small groups. Front bar is a fire staff with beetles and birds, back is a frost staff with winter's revenge and wall of elements. Something like this: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=184397
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Magplar healer. No Problems
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    I play Imperial magDK in no CP. It can be really good, I went with a Max Stats type of build. Just changed to nord with same gear to see how it compares...

@Warraxx - Not a MDK but I have a Nord- mWarden. I race changed to breton to see how it fares and honestly, took me about an hour or less of playing in noCP, to go back to Nord. for PVP the Nord has so much to offer when compared to races which do specialize for Magica or stamina builds.

And the best part is, you can play either Mag or Stam on these races and barely notice a difference.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imperial magdk with bloodthorn should be alot of sustain...
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton > imperial for dd mag toons. No argument there. But more tanky you are, closer they are. I heard magDKs block a lot and they are tanky so imperial+magDK can be as good as breton.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an Imperial magDK and the racial passives are still good and viable for magic builds. Breton have the -7% magic skill cost reduction; but Imperial has -3% cost to all skill abilities including break-free, dodge roll, sprint, and block. The health and stamina bonus increases the short-comings on those valuable asset resources for magic builds without tri-stat glyphs. Yet, it's not necessarily your min-max go-to race for magic builds. However, the key magic build attributes are very accessible to boost through item sets and drink/food. Ultimately, what matters is how I (or you) enjoy playing the character.
    Edited by Sahidom on October 17, 2019 3:35AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial can be great MagDK's just adjust your food choice accordingly.

Replace Witchmother's Potent Brew with ghastly eye bowl , this swap will give you extra 2k+ magicka and 150 spell recovery.
    Now you can swap the enchant on your ring for spell damage.

You just traded 3k health for 2k+ magicka and 174 spell damage. Magicka Recovery is the same.