The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BombBlade

Unfadingsilence
Unfadingsilence
✭✭✭✭✭
Just been enjoying my BombBlade these last few days and I'm so ready for the change to proxy coming soon and just made a fast video but time to get back to work enjoy

https://youtu.be/d5TW967hnhA
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭
    God I love the return of bombers and bombing videos. A part of eso I truly missed and literally the only thing I’m looking forward to in this *** patch...
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vortigaunt wrote: »
    God I love the return of bombers and bombing videos. A part of eso I truly missed and literally the only thing I’m looking forward to in this *** patch...

As well after getting my latest 5 star on my stam NB I'm now going to focus all my time on my bomber
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk if you need proxy det with the cast time reduced on inevitable det.

Bombers are getting a large buff, post patch they’ll be awesome.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

You can block most of the damage from inevitable det since you will be able to see it and you wont see proxy until it's to late 😉
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you please list them? I haven't analysed patch notes thinking about bomblade.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Could you please list them? I haven't analysed patch notes thinking about bomblade.

I don’t have a comprehensive list, but some things stood out and got me thinking:

- target limit removed for aoes including det
    - onslaught being a 100% mitigation bypass

I was thinking:
    - vicious death plus x set (likely balorgs monster)
    - use reaping mark first for a 25% damage buff when you kill a target

Buff - reaper’s mark - hit lotus fan - onslaught - Boom prox det against a target with 0 resistances which should be a kill - start the vicious death chain reaction with 25% boosted damage...

Something like that, when I tried bombing I wasn’t very good at it because I’m impatient, it’s not my specialty. I’m more likely to try inevitable det with the same thinking safely from range, and try something cheesy like using onslaught on a pet to see it I can get the pen buff an easy way.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 31, 2019 1:13AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just been enjoying my BombBlade these last few days and I'm so ready for the change to proxy coming soon and just made a fast video but time to get back to work enjoy

Good to see you my friend, great video! U got rid of your stamblade? Anyway I heard the news about the aoe changes and I might come back with my old mag blade B) you just convince me lol. Hit me up sometime.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to see you my friend, great video! U got rid of your stamblade? Anyway I heard the news about the aoe changes and I might come back with my old mag blade B) you just convince me lol. Hit me up sometime.

Here are a few test from 3 wonderful sets to go with VD

https://youtu.be/bc7D9SzLq7I
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And no I finally hit 5 stars on my stam NB it makes it my second 5 star rank and now I'll be going all out with my BombBlade
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a set of VD awhile back, but never really got into bombing.

But......with the changes coming in Scalebreaker, I might have to give it a go.
    Seems like it's gonna be fun as hell.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have a comprehensive list, but some things stood out and got me thinking:

I was thinking:

Buff - reaper’s mark - hit lotus fan - onslaught - Boom prox det against a target with 0 resistances which should be a kill - start the vicious death chain reaction with 25% boosted damage...

Something like that, when I tried bombing I wasn’t very good at it because I’m impatient, it’s not my specialty. I’m more likely to try inevitable det with the same thinking safely from range, and try something cheesy like using onslaught on a pet to see it I can get the pen buff an easy way.

Hmmm. One Vicious Death proc won't be able to start a chain reaction so Onlslaught wont' be the ultimate to start it. Bomblades use Soul Tether to initiate the wipe. More people have to get damaged to actually die from the first Vicious Death proc.
    As for Onslaught it was allways going through resistances which made it a viable gank ultimate together with Balorgh. That is nothing new.
    As for the Reaping Mark it wasn't usually used because it would alert a good group.

Only the removal of target limit from aoe abilities will be a buff to bomblades and other bombers. It will make it more likely to start a chain reaction. But not much. Zerggroups are almost allways almost full of players with low resitances so hitting several of them at once isn't so rare. This is just a slight buff that will prevent freaky accidents when aoe burst hits only tanks.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoe caps have been removed for quite a while. The only new thing next patch will the removal of the dmg cap on Detonation, which means it will hit harder when hitting more than 10 targets. But often zergs are not stacked tight enough, so there won't be that many opportunities to take advantage of that buff. That's also a reason, why i don't think Onslaught will be the ult to go - radius is too small.
    Getting back access to Minor Berserk will also help a bit, so Bombblade will definitely be better than now, but i do think, some players overestimate the impact of those buffs.
    Edited by Rianai on August 1, 2019 12:03AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking:

Hmmm. One Vicious Death proc won't be able to start a chain reaction so Onlslaught wont' be the ultimate to start it. Bomblades use Soul Tether to initiate the wipe. More people have to get damaged to actually die from the first Vicious Death proc.
    As for Onslaught it was allways going through resistances which made it a viable gank ultimate together with Balorgh. That is nothing new.
    As for the Reaping Mark it wasn't usually used because it would alert a good group.

Only the removal of target limit from aoe abilities will be a buff to bomblades and other bombers. It will make it more likely to start a chain reaction. But not much. Zerggroups are almost allways almost full of players with low resitances so hitting several of them at once isn't so rare. This is just a slight buff that will prevent freaky accidents when aoe burst hits only tanks.

Maybe, but your average pvp build is usually at about 70% mitigation or so, with no resistance they’ll be down to the base 50% mitigation. There’s a reason bombers go for unbuffed targets.

Onslaught’s also becoming a small aoe. Only 5m radius, but that’s the same radius as vicious death. In one sense it’s nice to have the aoe damage and stun from soul tether, in another sense if you can combine onslaught with prox det you’re getting a 40% damage buff on prox det against a fully buffed target.

Myself I’m liking inevitable Det more then prox. A 1 second cast time makes a huge difference, and I like the potential burst since it’s a delayed damage ability.

Edited by Iskiab on August 1, 2019 2:21AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Aoe caps have been removed for quite a while. The only new thing next patch will the removal of the dmg cap on Detonation, which means it will hit harder when hitting more than 10 targets. But often zergs are not stacked tight enough, so there won't be that many opportunities to take advantage of that buff. That's also a reason, why i don't think Onslaught will be the ult to go - radius is too small.
    Getting back access to Minor Berserk will also help a bit, so Bombblade will definitely be better than now, but i do think, some players overestimate the impact of those buffs.

Bombing xbox NA and PC NA will be alot better since alot of the potato zerglings definitely stack hard especially if they are fixing doors after taking a keep or trying to travel outside of keeps there have been many times I've bombed 30+ groups so I'll definitely be looking forward to the removal of the cap on proxy
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to kill is 1 person with onslaught to proc VD, maybe use decisive weapon and you’ll probably have enough ult regen to proc another ult
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking:

The idea with proxi det is to start the burst as det is about to go off. If you cast inevitable det on someone you make them aware that you’re about to bomb for like 5 seconds.

Have you ever actually played a bomber
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking:

The idea with proxi det is to start the burst as det is about to go off. If you cast inevitable det on someone you make them aware that you’re about to bomb for like 5 seconds.

Yes, my point about inevitable det is instead of copy/pasting a build and being a one trick pony, the inevitable det change will mean there will be different style bombing builds.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am definitely bringing my bomber back this patch. Especially for the upcoming Imperial City event. I actually don't think I am changing anything, Spinner's, VD, and Balorgh with proxy and Tether.

The changes to inevitable are good, but it provides too much of a warning for a successful bomb. What inevitable will be good for next patch is disrupting large groups from range. I plan on using it on a warden DOT build.
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking:

Yes, my point about inevitable det is instead of copy/pasting a build and being a one trick pony, the inevitable det change will mean there will be different style bombing builds.

There isn’t a thing such as a “different style bomber” lmfao. It either works or it doesn’t. Proxi alone doesn’t have enough power to trigger a chain VD proc, and with 2h ult you will get a proc 2 tops, even if you ignore resists. Not to mention you’d have to pick out your targets before bombing, then going in and having to pray the enemy doesn’t react for 5 seconds until the very big red circle under them explodes. And even if that works, you’d be missing out on 2% more aoe damage because 2h is less damage than lightning destro or less pen than dw.

There’s a reason why people use the same builds. It’s because it works. Now how you use those builds is a different thing altogether. Every single bomb video I’ve seen lately misses out on huge chunks of damage lol.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking:

There isn’t a thing such as a “different style bomber” lmfao. It either works or it doesn’t. Proxi alone doesn’t have enough power to trigger a chain VD proc, and with 2h ult you will get a proc 2 tops, even if you ignore resists. Not to mention you’d have to pick out your targets before bombing, then going in and having to pray the enemy doesn’t react for 5 seconds until the very big red circle under them explodes. And even if that works, you’d be missing out on 2% more aoe damage because 2h is less damage than lightning destro or less pen than dw.

There’s a reason why people use the same builds. It’s because it works. Now how you use those builds is a different thing altogether. Every single bomb video I’ve seen lately misses out on huge chunks of damage lol.

Let me guess, you just started playing less then a year ago and think there are set builds that work and will continue working.

I’m not going to teach you how to play, but if there’s one thing you need to learn about ESO is get used to change.

You’re just lucky someone was nice enough to show a video in the first place to show how it’s done.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 1, 2019 2:25PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most builds I have seen have stuck with soul tether for the initial stun followed by proxy det directly after & that is “supposed” to be enough damage to kill 1 person & proc vd

Nowadays everyone has 25k+ health & some people have moved to Destro ult but people easily scatter when they see this.
    A sorc with invis pots would likely be better at Destro bombing than a nb
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking:

I would have to theorycraft some prototype builds and compare them to standard bomblade to prove it, but I think you are right. Even if we don't get super effective bomb builds for other classes, then at least we will get some builds for countering zerg or maybe even ballgroups.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running Crafty Alfiq with VD and Ballerghs on a 2H magblade. Onslaught lets you replace Spinner's since it gives so much pen now

Crafty: 8245 magicka (with +41% max mag from CP, siphoning passive, undaunted passive, and magelight), equivalent to 785 spell damage (including major sorc).

Unlike the Spinner's and War Maiden's 5-piece bonuses, Crafty buffs healing, too. And the big Mag pool is nice. I know none of this is new info for some people, but I've enjoyed it!

Struggling the most with

1) getting into position
    2) missing the stun from Soul Tether
    3) contributing when NOT bombing (ie waiting for ult or an opportunity)

What bars do people like/recommend for 2H bomblade? I use resto backbar for regeneration/Minor Berserk/magicka restore

PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running Crafty Alfiq with VD and Ballerghs on a 2H magblade. Onslaught lets you replace Spinner's since it gives so much pen now

Crafty: 8245 magicka (with +41% max mag from CP, siphoning passive, undaunted passive, and magelight), equivalent to 785 spell damage (including major sorc).

Unlike the Spinner's and War Maiden's 5-piece bonuses, Crafty buffs healing, too. And the big Mag pool is nice. I know none of this is new info for some people, but I've enjoyed it!

Struggling the most with

1) getting into position

What bars do people like/recommend for 2H bomblade? I use resto backbar for regeneration/Minor Berserk/magicka restore

I use crafty too and I like the extra Magicka pool. Do you think this would be better than spinners? Also I find I can contribute a lot to keep defence and attack. Back hand I use restoration staff to heal. Also this can be good to finish off low health targets and by keeping pressure on fast nightblades. Crippling grasp is also good to help immobilise targets in group fights.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Struggling the most with

1) getting into position

I use crafty too and I like the extra Magicka pool. Do you think this would be better than spinners? Also I find I can contribute a lot to keep defence and attack. Back hand I use restoration staff to heal. Also this can be good to finish off low health targets and by keeping pressure on fast nightblades. Crippling grasp is also good to help immobilise targets in group fights.

Yah, I personally like Crafty better than Spinner's for the stated reasons. Using Onslaught for pen instead of Spinner's makes you MORE dependent on your ult to deal high damage, but as a bomber you already are somewhat dependent on it.

The downside of Onslaught is lacking an AoE stun. I've thought about using Onslaught into Mass Hysteria, but I'd rather be spamming Power Extraction. The OTHER downside is the cast time ... using it on a moving target in any crowded (laggy) area is HIGHLY unpredictable, even if you're moving with them. Since crowded areas are where you want to bomb, I wound up dropping the bomb build, but it was effective for bombing groups of 5 or so in imperial city, where there's less lag

I also use resto backbar for Combat Prayer.

PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner