Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Detection pots and single target skills

artal
artal
✭✭✭
So been playing bit on my fresh stamplar and run on nb that was almost perma cloaking. So i popped detect pot and try topling charge him and i closed the distance but skill didnt connect with nb.
So i did some quick tests with friend, he was standing in place spamming cloak. i would pop detect pot and tried to hit him
toppling - gap close but no dmg or cc
crit rush (unmorphed) - gap close but no dmg
dizzy swing - preform animation but dont connect, no dmg, no cc
snipe - preform animation, dont connect, no dmg
PI - hits and deals dmg
POTL - hits and deals dmg

I mostly play in vet BGs and its bee a while since i used detect pot but as far as i remember it wasnt wonky like this and everything was hitting

Didnt have more time to test, but will do with multiple class later on. Curious was this some bug on my end or detect pots have gone bananas?
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep cloaks not broken then
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I catch many cloaking NBs daily with Detect +Topping in CP World. Toppling charge is also often the killing blow. I guess now I know why I have been called hacker from reading the comments below.

Edited by Hexquisite on October 2, 2019 7:04PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect pots have always been like that. Activating cloak forces a miss on anything with a channel or travel time, even if the cloaker remains visible due to detect pots.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is bad mechanics imo
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    Thx Thogard, i usualy play stam dk, sorc or nb and never noticed this before
    Didnt used pots often and had aoe on sorc and dk for that to have effect.
    I must say that this is really strange mechanic than
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    artal wrote: »
    Thx Thogard, i usualy play stam dk, sorc or nb and never noticed this before
    Didnt used pots often and had aoe on sorc and dk for that to have effect.
    I must say that this is really strange mechanic than

Yeah it’s an odd mechanic for sure. It’s one of those quirks with cloak that probably exists due to devs not being able to fix it without breaking something else. Cloak is an odd skill from a mechanics standpoint and many of the best balance options just aren’t possible with the code being what it is.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, cloak is easily one of the most broken mechanics in the game. Like Thogard said, ZOS likely isn't capable of properly fixing the ability. I personally think the whole "invisibility" mechanic should just be done away with and replaced with something else equally viable, as in addition to being just broken in general it serves as one of the most unique combat advantages in the game. No other class can simply choose when they can be hit, or when they want to retreat from a fight.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • snipezor
    snipezor
    ✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Yeah, cloak is easily one of the most broken mechanics in the game. Like Thogard said, ZOS likely isn't capable of properly fixing the ability. I personally think the whole "invisibility" mechanic should just be done away with and replaced with something else equally viable, as in addition to being just broken in general it serves as one of the most unique combat advantages in the game. No other class can simply choose when they can be hit, or when they want to retreat from a fight.

Actually, every class can. Now if the player chooses to burn their potion cooldown to use an invisibility potion on escaping or resetting a fight is another concern.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Weird interpretation thinking cloak is overpowered because it can negate travel time or cast time attacks.

So you believe that if someone uses one ability it should always land, and another player using one ability to counter one ability is overpowered. Okay.

Myself I don’t see the issue. It only effects single target abilities and dodge rolling does the same job but better, costs less stamina than cloak costs in magicka, and other abilities like streak that do the same thing plus they negate aoes as well. Even other classes like Wardens have shimmering shield that negates multiple projectiles, are they 3x more powerful because they negate 3x more attacks?
    Edited by Iskiab on October 2, 2019 5:57PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No other class can simply choose when they can be hit, or when they want to retreat from a fight.

Other than the ones that can streak away. Or the ones that dodge dodge and then sprint away. Or the ones with RAT. Or Mist. The hardest guys to catch are good stamblades who don't even cloak.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Detect pots have always been like that. Activating cloak forces a miss on anything with a channel or travel time, even if the cloaker remains visible due to detect pots.

Isn’t ballista a channeled attack technically? It breaks my cloak.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've died to ballista a bunch of times even after I killed they guy who used it. Goes straight thru cloak as far as I can tell. Not fun when you are not running a retro on the back bar. :)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Isn’t ballista a channeled attack technically? It breaks my cloak.

Ballista has its own rules. You can kill the attacker and the ballista will still keep firing lol.

But to be fair I meant channeled DD (hardcast frag, dizzy, snipe, dark flare, etc) not a channeled DOT like ballista or soul assault or magplar execute or vamp drain. I haven’t tested those.