The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CROWN STORE SHOWCASE—OCTOBER 2019 (Houses)

Gnatrak
Gnatrak
✭✭✭
So it looks like we'll be getting:
Wraithhome
Exorcised Coven Cottage
Lucky Cat Landing

Any idea on when we might be getting Jode's Embrace, or is this "unforeseen issue" going to take a decade to fix? 😓

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE

Edited by Gnatrak on October 3, 2019 2:51AM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the furnishing pack they also pulled for some reason..
    I was really looking forward to those statues and the fountain.
    Can we have a comment about when these will be made available?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly was the "unforeseen issue" with Jode's? And why was the T-Shirt also pulled? Related?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 3, 2019 4:15AM
  • Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    What exactly was the "unforeseen issue" with Jode's? And why was the T-Shirt also pulled? Related?

For the promotion you had to buy Jode's Embrace to get the free T-Shirt, removing the house ended the promotion.

As for what the "unforeseen issue" is, I don't actually know since they never bothered to elaborate on the topic.

I do have an idea on possibly what it may be.

When you preview a house there are two options, furnished and unfurnished, with the unfurnished option only containing lighting. When previewing a house that is currently not for sale you will only be shown the unfurnished option, that however, is not the case with Jode's Embrace. When you go inside it's fully furnished, so I'm going to take a guess and suggest that maybe there is an issue with the furnishing / buying options.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please please please let us know if all of the feedback to raise the item cap of Lucky Landing to 600 items is being considered.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just so sad that Lucky Cat is crown only.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like I'm going to be holding out for Jode's Embrace for a heck of a long time, since it seems they aren't going to up the item limit on Lucky Cat's Landing.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Really disappointed with the direction ZOS has deliberately taken regarding housing. I was hoping the past x amount of months were a fluke.
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just so sad that Lucky Cat is crown only.

I was pretty sure it would be crowns only, considering it's in a DLC zone and there has yet to be any house in a DLC zone (not counting chapters, here) available to purchase with gold. Plus, the only buying options on PTS were with crowns.

That's not to say that I wouldn't have wanted a gold option, I was just not expecting it.

As for the item limit, ZOS seems content to leave it at 400 slots, considering it is a medium-size home in terms of size (and yes, my spouse measured it along with Velothi Reverie and Alinor Crest). However, that's not to say that medium homes of that size - on the upper end of the medium house category - don't have difficulty furnishing within the 400 item limit. They could easily treat it as a rather small large home (as they did with the Snow Globe home) and give it 600 slots but leave the price tag around the medium price (again, as they did with the Snow Globe home).

Regardless, I will probably pick this one up, as Jode's Embrace was out of my price range as a notable home. Though I guess if its price point were to be similar to Tel Galen - the smallest notable at 8k/10k crowns (but not that much larger than Amaya or Hunding's) - then perhaps I could swing it.

In any event - we'd love to know what's up with Jode's Embrace. Is it ever going to be released? And that lovely furnishing pack?
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    I keep thinking ZoS is gonna do something like what they did with Grand Psijic Villa with Jode's Embrace.

Also, since i agree with what Jayne_Doe said about Lucky Cat, i dont have to write it myself.
  • Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    I keep thinking ZoS is gonna do something like what they did with Grand Psijic Villa with Jode's Embrace.

Also, since i agree with what Jayne_Doe said about Lucky Cat, i dont have to write it myself.

They already gave us a free notable home, Hall of the Lunar Champion with three additional wings we can open up. I too was thinking and hoping they would do the same thing with Jode's Embrace but doubted ZOS would be so generous, my dreams of getting it for free were officially crushed after they announced it was going on sale in the crown store first before an event similar to Summerset's (Summerfall Event) took place. I don't think it's going to happen at all, especially since the release of the current Dragon Rise event, it's similar to the Summerfall Event in the way both require everyone working together to complete for the rewards.

There might be one (or something) planned for Southern Elsweyr to get the Potentate's Retreat. Although it can be placed in any home, there is a furnishing that its lighting affect specifically works in Potentate's Retreat called the Aeonstone Formation. It can be obtained by completing the “Fall of the Dark Aeon" achievement. I'm not 100% sure but I seen somewhere it can be bought with gold from the achievement furniture NPC that is currently unavailable so I can't confirm this. If it's the latter by simply getting it from completing the achievement then it would be kind of shady to not give us the home for free as well.

I'm not holding my breath on that one though.
    Edited by Gnatrak on October 3, 2019 8:25PM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: The aeonstone collectible furnishing, that thought occurred to me as well:
    Here we have a special collectible furnishing that only really does it's cool functionality in a crown only massive house? That's pretty low, maybe they're going to give it to us?
    But in the "datamined" achievement furnishing list is a larger aeonstone formation that is purchasable, and the collectible one does say any aeonstone will be activated.
    So despite the questionable tactics there, I suspect that the Potentates Retreat will indeed be crown only.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just really hate all those big crystals in the pool in Potentate's. They are ugly and really mar an otherwise perfectly beautiful place. I'm pretty sure I won't like them any more if they are lit up. *sigh*

And no, you can't pick them up and move them. If you could I wouldn't mind.
    Edited by MornaBaine on October 8, 2019 8:37PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I just really hate all those big crystals in the pool in Potentate's. They are ugly and really mar an otherwise perfectly beautiful place. I'm pretty sure I won't like them any more if they are lit up. *sigh*

And no, you can't pick them up and move them. If you could I wouldn't mind.

I think they are kind of neat, I would like them better if they were blue though.
    It would be nice to have the option to remove them though.
    I wish we could do that in the third wing of Lunar Champion too, I really don't care for the house and rather build something else there.