Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What would be the best class for a Viking-themed character for PvP?

SpiderCultist
SpiderCultist
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking about leveling up a Viking or Nordic-themed character but hesitating about the class. The race would obviously be a Nord and focused on PvP, I'm discarding NBs and Necros beforehand but let me know!
PC | EU
Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
"You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."

What would be the best class for a Viking-themed character for PvP? 60 votes

Warden
28%
starlizard70ub17_ESOStreegaGoregrinderRhaegar75Nelothgepe87RighteousBaconTuborgian1818LeHarrt91IkiMrsinister2StarOfElyonmacsmoothTelannocturneEllawissaCerotoninchrightt 17 votes
Dragonknight
43%
Baphometmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOFeannagDarkmage1337XvorgLarianamagictucktuckMetemsycosisWacArnoldAsardesAlfie2072blkjagred_emuSpartabunny08Ragnarock41BaccaroodaworralljEdoKeledusZacuelIskiab 26 votes
Sorcerer
23%
Simen.askeland89b16_ESOWolfpawLokey0024DocFrost72AkromaAngelOfWrathJierdanitLaveniaRoseTzayadHarrdarrzarrStarlight_KnightcolossalvoidsDreadDaedrothBored_OwlVanos444 14 votes
Necromancer
1%
Dark_Shady 1 vote
Nightblade
3%
FearlessOne_2014susmitds 2 votes
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to add he would be more inclined towards stamina given the racial passives...
    PC | EU
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Stam sorcs use mostly weapon abilities and what little class identity they do have makes you look like a raging storm. Thor, anyone?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    If you're talking about a stamina based character, then it's a toss up between warden and dragonknight. I chose warden because of the ice spells and the animal attacks warden gets. However if dragonknight was more fire based instead of having poison based attacks, they would be a good choice. If you want a magic using Viking, then sorcerer or magic warden are your choices. Be a true old school viking berserker and add werewolf to the mix :)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden has my vote. The fire/poison theme of DK just doesn’t seem to suit a Viking as much as animals/frost. Sorcerer would be a good pick with the storm theme too but I’m inclined to think that’s a bit more “mythical” for characters like Thor from Norse mythology so it kind of depends which one you favor more.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Stam Warden
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer magSorc :smiley:
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Hybrid DK
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden would be a decent fit, because ice magic.

DK would be just as viable - especially if you want a tanky, brawler-type character.

(Stamina) Sorcerer would also work quite well, if you don't mind the lightning/storm theme. Although there is precedent for that in Norse mythology.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dead class ! When real PvP'ers see you like to play dress up. They will hunt you down and kill you endlessly. Go back to PvE or hide in a Zerg. 💯
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dead class ! When real PvP'ers see you like to play dress up. They will hunt you down and kill you endlessly. Go back to PvE or hide in a Zerg. 💯

huh? what do you mean? dead class??
    PC | EU
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    stamsorcs, be like Thor:)
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps ignore classes and just use weapon skills if you want to role play (one hand and axe sounds like fun)?

I keep meaning to do this with a character, just a plain old sword and board warrior with maybe fighters skills. There are so many skill lines in this game and we only use a few skills from each on our 5 slot bars. There really is no need to use classes at all unless you just want go for BiS all the time.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Stamsorc Nord. Blood and thunder!!
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord, sorcerer, 2h axe.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks everyone for participating, I have finally gone for a Sorcerer

ride the storm!
    PC | EU
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Based on real vikings or fantasy ones? I mean I'm gonna be honest people have a lot of exaggerated and unrealistic expectations about vikings.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 8, 2019 1:33AM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Based on real vikings or fantasy ones? I mean I'm gonna be honest people have a lot of exaggerated and unrealistic expectations about vikings.

There was in England a report of Vikings coming back when they ransacked Europe. The English met them with 3 to 1 odds and the Vikings slaughtered them all lol. One more, when the Vikings invaded Ireland the Irish believed the devil lived in caves because it was dark in caves so they didn't frequent caves. When the Vikings came a village hid in a cave and was found not too long ago trying to hide from the Vikings they had fell too far in and couldn't get back out. The Irish in that moment feared Vikings more than the devil. Most interesting I thought. The Vikings may have been the most fearsome group of people in our "recorded history".
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Feels like the obvious choice to me. But I guess others could feel differently.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc. They have skills like hurricane, lightning and stuff. Vikings lived near the sea and sailed a lot, so I think the "storm" stuff best fits that. You just have to get passed being called a sorcerer.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on October 10, 2019 8:29AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stasorc conveys more the Berseker type of warrior.

Stamblade is more like Rogue, whereas StamDK more like a Knight and Warden more like Radagast the Brown stain.
    EU | PC | AD