The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ZOS increase the furnishing count in Lucky Cat?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This house is similar to the Alinor Crest Townhouse in Summerset, which has a 600 item count. Do you think Lucky Cat should have the same item count?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Should ZOS increase the furnishing count in Lucky Cat? 72 votes

Yes. This house is similar to the Alinor Crest Townhouse which has a 600 count and this house needs that many as well!
91%
laurajfalenae1b14_ESOAnelliumSporvanAimoraElara_NorthwindEdenprimeMixNebthet78GarpleyTanadrielLinaleahGuneSilverwillowMornaBaineswankeryGarishVulsahdaalTekalynnLariana 66 votes
Nah, it's fine at 400.
8%
dcam86b14_ESOCaffeinatedMayhemWhite wabbitKittytravelQräheWarndihr 6 votes
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. This house is similar to the Alinor Crest Townhouse which has a 600 count and this house needs that many as well!
    I think this house should definitely be 600. Its easily on par with Old Mistveil.
    The feedback on the PTS Housing Feedback Forum has been very consistent and clear, people want this to be a 600 item house. Hopefully ZOS will listen
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll deco it in PTS and this will include a porch extension. If I can't do what I want in under 400 spaces I probably won't buy. I'm confident I could pull it off with 600 though.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran can you link me a post from the PTS forum dealing with Lucky Cat? I haven't seen one. Thank you!

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    @Zypheran can you link me a post from the PTS forum dealing with Lucky Cat? I haven't seen one. Thank you!

@MornaBaine see link below.
    Not sure if they will take the feedback on-board, but the more of us that say we want this to be 600, the better the chance.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493625/pts-update-24-feedback-thread-for-housing#latest
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    400 ? 600 ? Where do you get those values ? Come down to the ground man, it is only for ESO+...
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given that it needs a living space extension, it needs at least 600 slots.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    400 ? 600 ? Where do you get those values ? Come down to the ground man, it is only for ESO+...

You can't do much with most housing without ESO+.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a price on this house yet?
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say either increase the item limit or make it available for gold.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More slots is always good

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES! But I didn't vote because the option I would pick is: It's the same size as Velothi Reverie, but it should still have 600 slots.

My spouse measured Lucky Cat, Velothi Reverie, and Alinor Crest. What he found is that Lucky Cat is just slightly larger than Velothi Reverie and significantly smaller than Alinor Crest.

This home is definitely difficult to decorate at 400 slots - as is Velothi Reverie and Ald Velothi (two homes that I have spent a good deal of time decorating and am always running into the item cap). That's the problem with ZOS' categories. There are medium homes, such as Cliffshade, which can be decorated rather easily within the item limit. But that house is in the mid-tier range of medium homes. Those on the upper end (esp. Lucky Cat) struggle, as do homes on the upper end of the large house category (Amaya, Hunding's).

I think it's actually hindering the argument for a 600 slot allowance by claiming that the house is larger than it actually is, because ZOS knows how large the house actually is. Rather, talk about the difficulty of furnishing it at the upper limit of the medium house size and that as a CS-only home, it should be at least 600 slots (as should, I think, Frostvault). They did this with the Snow Globe home, which I think may be larger than Lucky Cat (esp. the outdoor area), but it got 600 slots with a medium house price point. They could easily do the same with Lucky Cat - and I think they should. But not on the basis that it's as large as Alinor (which it's not). But because a house of that size is really pushing it for a medium classed home, and being CS-only, it should have more breathing room for players' creativity, since real money is being spent.

I think it was Elara (or someone else in the PTS housing thread) that suggested adding an additional item limit category of 250/500. I think this would be a good compromise, IF ZOS is completely unwilling to give Lucky Cat 600 slots. Have a special category for CS-only medium homes that would give us 500 slots. But, 600 would be better. I think ZOS did a good job of offering a variety of homes in various sizes and price points, but then was quite rigid in terms of item slot count.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 7, 2019 8:53PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another solution for this and other similarly mismatched item limits would be for ZOS to allow us buy more slots for homes under the 700 slot limit
    It's a no-brainer. I'd happily pay crowns to upgrade my small and medium homes. They could sell the upgrades in 'lots' of 100 items
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We need more slots in every house.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suspect given that this feedback has received 0 acknowledgment in either patch notes or forums, that it will not be changed.
    Pity, this home would have gotten my crowns in an eyeblink had it been 600.
    Kinda makes you wonder what's the point of the Official Housing Feedback thread on PTS forums.
    I hope I am wrong on this but past experience tells me that, with the exception of minor bugs, they won't make changes to a house after it hits the PTS
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I suspect given that this feedback has received 0 acknowledgment in either patch notes or forums, that it will not be changed.
    Kinda makes you wonder what's the point of the Official Housing Feedback thread on PTS forums.
    I hope I am wrong on this but past experience tells me that, with the exception of minor bugs, they won't make changes to a house after it hits the PTS

Which makes me wonder what the point of them asking for feedback is because I have noticed exactly the same thing.

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    - snip -
    This home is definitely difficult to decorate at 400 slots - as is Velothi Reverie and Ald Velothi (two homes that I have spent a good deal of time decorating and am always running into the item cap). That's the problem with ZOS' categories. There are medium homes, such as Cliffshade, which can be decorated rather easily within the item limit. But that house is in the mid-tier range of medium homes. Those on the upper end (esp. Lucky Cat) struggle, as do homes on the upper end of the large house category (Amaya, Hunding's).

-snip

I hear you on Velothi Reverie and Ald Velothi. I'm pretty much done furnishing with Velothi Reverie. While some areas definitely looked finished others, while ok, still need a more items to really feel fully furnished. At this point Ald Velothi is going to be real problem for me even if I close off the basement. I am turning it into Ali's Bank and Emporium, "Where we proudly pick your purse ®". While the dragon's trove helps considerably with the vault all of the little items needed to make it look like a store add up quickly.

While I think one could make an argument that any cap will never be enough as you can always find a place for that ink well or vase I believe an increase to all house item limits would help. In my case as few as 25 - 50 would help considerably with Velothi Reverie as would 50 - 100 for Ald Velothie. As an over all scheme maybe adding between 100 and 200 slots to the current 400 slots houses. The smaller or less complicated plans get 100 and the larger or more complicated get 200 additional slots. For the large mansions I think bumping the 700 item limit to 1K would be appropriate. The reason I turned the Psijic Mansion into a storage facility was due to it being so large I couldn't fully decorate the interior let alone both the inside and outside.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another solution for this and other similarly mismatched item limits would be for ZOS to allow us buy more slots for homes under the 700 slot limit
    It's a no-brainer. I'd happily pay crowns to upgrade my small and medium homes. They could sell the upgrades in 'lots' of 100 items

No, we already pay too much for homes and furnishings that can not be purchased outside of the crown store.

I am sorry, but paying 60 bucks for a game, then 60 for each expansion, then 150 for a big home and the another 300 for crowns to get exclusive items is over the top.

Furnishing limit should be increased yes, but its ridiculous that we should have to pay more for additional slots when we already pay so much up front.

Wow can live on 15 bucks a month and store transactions for transfers, name changes etc.
    No mans sky can continue to offer FREE updates twice a year (or more) with no monthly sub for a single shard server all for the price of the game and no monthly cost.
    ZOS has the money, do not encourage them to nickel and dime us more. The fastest way to lose a customer is to keep your hands in their wallet.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭

Considering the amount of time many people (especially yourself and Elara Northwind) have put into testing the home and providing extensive feedback, it is disappointing to see no acknowledgement.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that would be awesome and a win-win all around! :)
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    So the feedback on the item limit of Lucky Cat has been very consistent.
    The feedback on the official PTS housing thread has also been very consistent.
    The housing community has given been very forthcoming in saying that 400 items for Lucky Cat is too low.
    We have had several PTS patches now and it is clear that this house will go live with only 400 slots.
    Can anybody at ZOS please give us some insight into the decision to go against the feedback of the housing community?
    I think this is important to understand as, right now, it feels like our forum feedback has no value. You guys keep telling us you value our feedback but so please offer us insight here.
    Combat decisions get articles, developer comments and ESO Live episodes. It feels, again, that housing is just not relevant.
    Please give us some indication that our feedback on this house was at least considered. Some dev input on this would go a long way.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed it would be useful to know why our pleading to have this be a 600 slot house was ignored. Just some explanation really.

Maybe a dragon ate all the extra slots? :P
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    increase furnishing slots on all houses tbh
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    increase furnishing slots on all houses tbh

Agreed
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would people even vote against this?
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    I’m so sad that the pleas on the forums and YouTube were ignored. The fact that ZOS ignoring furnishers feedback (Specifically this feedback) is cited by @Elara_Northwind in her leaving video is very disappointing. Ignoring people that keep the housing community going and support up and coming decorators and new players is not on. And that you still haven’t even commented on why is even worse. This wasn’t a request to make the slots over 700, merely to reclassify it so it was comparable to existing houses.

Very disappointing

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZAD1ST wrote: »
    I’m so sad that the pleas on the forums and YouTube were ignored. The fact that ZOS ignoring furnishers feedback (Specifically this feedback) is cited by @Elara_Northwind in her leaving video is very disappointing. Ignoring people that keep the housing community going and support up and coming decorators and new players is not on. And that you still haven’t even commented on why is even worse. This wasn’t a request to make the slots over 700, merely to reclassify it so it was comparable to existing houses.

Very disappointing

@ZOS_GinaBruno

ZOS and their inability to even recognize, let alone act upon peoples feedback of the game is not only sad, but extremely disrespectful, considering that we, the players, are the ones that make the game possible in the first place! If they would even simply acknowledge what everybody tries to tell them, that would at least be something. I'm not the only one who has had enough of this attitude, take a look on YouTube at the biggest housing creators on there, and you will see that none of them have uploaded videos lately, everybody has had enough.

Do a search on YouTube for Potentate's Retreat, ZOS, I dare you! A year ago, there would be several videos of your newest homes on PTS, all decorated nicely for people to see what could be achieved in them, right now you have 1 video on YouTube of that home decorated, with 125 views. Lots of us used to rush to the PTS for this, all excited and full of ideas, this wasn't intended for your benefit, but it most certainly benefited you! Your actions, your refusal to listen to your community, has resulted in all of us leaving the game because we have had enough.

You explicitly tell people that you want their feedback, why? It makes no difference. People have been asking for weapons and armor furnishings to place in their homes for almost THREE YEARS! It might sound like something trivial, but I assure you it is not. All of these little, minor things combine to create a huge problem, and a complete lack of faith in you, ZOS, which is shared among pretty much your entire housing community, if not most of the player base too.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am disappointed but unsurprised. The lack of regard or respect ZOS continues to show their players, especially those of us who are housing enthusiasts and shell out LARGE chunks of actual money to pursue our hobby, is extraordinarily disheartening.
    Edited by MornaBaine on October 30, 2019 2:33PM

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what home has a great item limit? Snugpod. It’s a large single room with a 200 item limit — I love it! With all that I’m adding, I’m sure I’ll reach it, but I will be able to have all the elements just as I want and not choose where to sacrifice. If all homes scaled off Snugpod’s item limit, I and I think many people would be very happy indeed! B)

I have not measured, but it appears to me that Lucky Cat is smaller than Alinor Crest Townhouse. Still, a 400 item limit seems low (and is also rather low for Velothi Reverie IMHO).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 30, 2019 3:20PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Well I am disappointed but unsurprised. The lack of regard or respect ZOS continues to show their players, especially those of us who are housing enthusiasts and shell out LARGE chunks of actual money to pursue our hobby, is extraordinarily disheartening.

@MornaBaine I must agree. I did find the whole response to the feedback on this particular issue very disheartening. I don't know why. Its not like ZOS ever really listened to housing issues before but I just felt that the feedback on this one was so strong and consistent. It's not like we were asking them to go back in and redesign it or to create a new furniture item. They literally just had to change a variable in the setting. They just flat out ignored it.
    Not even a comment to say "we considered all of your feedback but felt yada-yada-yada..."
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally visited Lucky Cat Landing in-game and now I understand why there are so many threads asking for more slots. It's easily three times the size of Sleek Creek but has the same amount of slots. It's also CROWNS ONLY which makes the 400 item limit even more absurd.

I will not be buying this house if the item limit is not raised.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.