The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Roll dodge...

• Skarbrand666
    Skarbrand666
    ✭✭✭
    Why do i feel like people who make discussions like this have tried to Xv1 someone, who then roll dodged and killed them, thus giving the false impression that roll dodge is op
    It's actually worse, because they HAVE nerfed the dodge duration. Feel lucky you can hit them during the dodge now.
    And yes, the constant cries for nerfs to things that people have been killed because of needs to stop
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0RTEX4 wrote: »
    Look I play magicka sorc I hear your cry, but it's more frustrating for every magicka player out there when you can't kill a target that's 1% health because he roll dodges every attack you make, it gives them enough time to get behind cover and heal from 1% to full in 3 seconds... I and a few others are fed up of this... there needs to be something in place, if increasing the cost is too much then, increase the cost for all stamina skills so you use them more wisely than just spam them...

To say nothing of these sorcs that you get to 1% health and they do nothing but shield spam and streak away and heal from 1% to full in seconds. I and a few others are fed up with this...

Somehow I feel that you're just fine with that, though.

How hypocritical.
    Edited by Kel on October 1, 2019 2:26AM
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreak those dodge-rollers! If dodge roll damage mitigation is really your issue... then change to some skills that can't be dodged?

The cost of dodge roll (especially with the dodge roll fatigue) is already pretty high. As others have said, it will just be used against Magicka builds that can have their stamina drained out faster.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we *** stop with the endless nerf threads?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Look I play magicka sorc I hear your cry, but it's more frustrating for every magicka player out there when you can't kill a target that's 1% health because he roll dodges every attack you make, it gives them enough time to get behind cover and heal from 1% to full in 3 seconds... I and a few others are fed up of this... there needs to be something in place, if increasing the cost is too much then, increase the cost for all stamina skills so you use them more wisely than just spam them...

To say nothing of these sorcs that you get to 1% health and they do nothing but shield spam and streak away and heal from 1% to full in seconds. I and a few others are fed up with this...

Somehow I feel that you're just fine with that, though.

How hypocritical.

To be fair, I do this on my DK when I use an Ultimate.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Can we *** stop with the endless nerf threads?

Agreed.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc has the best mobility and non-bomber damage of the mag classes. You also have an unblockable undodgeable AOE stun. See dodge roller, streak in their general direction. Profit. Of course if they have saved their immov pot anticipating your stun, they played well.

Increasing the cost of dodge would harm mag players MUCH more than stam. Be careful what you wish for.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure stam players get just ad irritated when mag players stack shields and can backbar healer staves with rapid regen and healing ward. Both classes have their strengths and weaknesses. If you sollow players around and they play you its nobody's fault but your own for not playing more strategically.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roll dodge In this game is getting out of hand, There should be a much, much, higher cost increase on roll dodge, It's not really balanced if you can roll dodge and recover all that stamina back on a stamina character whilst dodging EVERY single attack thrown at you... Roll dodge is even worse than the shields on magicka characters, at least you can damage the shields to nothing, but you can't even hit a guy that just roll dodges and recovers all that stamina back and keeps spamming roll dodge, I mean come on its worse than spamming Streak...

I have a roll Dodge build I can roll Dodge 15 times before running out of stamina. Do it too, go be happy. Play athletic build on a wood elf. Blazing fast, increased damage, highly defensive and bursty.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s an idea L2P. I don’t have any problem with roll dodging no matter what kind of spec I’m on. So that tells me you’re just bad. This is the problem with lowering the ceiling so often. New players come into an already easy game and expect it to be made even easier. You have no *** clue what a real roll dodge build looks like. At one time Stambldes could actually perma roll dodge and perma stealth and open up on you with burst that would make you pee your pants and run screaming to your mommy.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 1, 2019 8:03AM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Here’s an idea L2P. I don’t have any problem with roll dodging no matter what kind of spec I’m on. So that tells me you’re just bad. This is the problem with lowering the ceiling so often. New players come into an already easy game and expect it to be made even easier. You have no *** clue what a real roll dodge build looks like. At one time Stambldes could actually perma roll dodge and perma stealth and open up on you with burst that would make you pee your pants and run screaming to your mommy.

Why do you need to be so toxic in your way of writing tho? Not like you're wrong, you're just very distasteful. Unpleasant, really.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with roll dodge isn't the cost, it's the fact that it negates so much damage and can be used within the same gcd as abilities.

Solution: put dodge on the same cooldown as abilities and shorten the window of time covered by the dodge.

Edited by Emma_Overload on October 1, 2019 8:41AM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dodge roll is fine. Stamina builds are fine. You're just inexperienced, and PVP in this game (still) has a steep learning curve.

This is a bad moment to come to the forum and beg for nerfs. Read the room.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roll dodge In this game is getting out of hand, There should be a much, much, higher cost increase on roll dodge, It's not really balanced if you can roll dodge and recover all that stamina back on a stamina character whilst dodging EVERY single attack thrown at you... Roll dodge is even worse than the shields on magicka characters, at least you can damage the shields to nothing, but you can't even hit a guy that just roll dodges and recovers all that stamina back and keeps spamming roll dodge, I mean come on its worse than spamming Streak...

Totally agree.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Why do you need to be so toxic in your way of writing tho? Not like you're wrong, you're just very distasteful. Unpleasant, really.

Because these nerf threads are becoming a serious, relentless problem. Name something in the game, there's probably a handful of threads asking for it to be nerfed. They're the reason why we keep seeing fun and unique mechanics continuously being gutted (Dizzy, wings, sword and board being used as an offensive weapon on certain stam builds, etc).

People need to seriously learn that just because someone beat you, you're not entitled to come running to the forums and beg for whatever killed you to be nerfed.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Because these nerf threads are becoming a serious, relentless problem. Name something in the game, there's probably a handful of threads asking for it to be nerfed. They're the reason why we keep seeing fun and unique mechanics continuously being gutted (Dizzy, wings, sword and board being used as an offensive weapon on certain stam builds, etc).

People need to seriously learn that just because someone beat you, you're not entitled to come running to the forums and beg for whatever killed you to be nerfed.

I agree with this fully, the point I was raising is how that other forum dweller decided to put it.

And again...I agree that people here are too eager to beg for nerfs instead of buffs. Tone down sets, and buff skills to a point where they are fun to use again. There are many skills I really hate against me, but I also use some that people hate against them. It's just how it is, and it's fun like that.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP player whines that other PvP player is skilled enough to avoid their attacks shocker

• Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then shields should cost more with every cast then since it blocks essentially 90% of damage Domenick until we manage to break it only for you to reapply it
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with roll dodge isn't the cost, it's the fact that it negates so much damage and can be used within the same gcd as abilities.

Solution: put dodge on the same cooldown as abilities and shorten the window of time covered by the dodge.

So you want buffs for sorcs and nerfs to rolling characters? Typical sorc wants to pew pew everything from 30meters away without any resistance.
    I'm starting to get a picture of your idea of balance Emma.. Smh
    Edited by jadarock on October 1, 2019 12:00PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quoted for truth.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's already a cooldown after roll dodge. Your skills are grayed out for at least a gcd after rolling. You can animation cancel skills with roll dodge but you can do that with any defensive ability. Also all skills cast at you before you roll hit you. You literally only dodge skills cast at you while you have the buff active which honestly is a tiny window. Like I suggested to the op, play a medium, non-nightblade spec before you cast judgement on how "op" roll dodge is.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP makes a post about a stam combat ability, watch all the nerf sorc spammers qq. lol never change THE FORUM!
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to fix all this is for the devs to come up with a git gud and L2P quest in Cyrodiil...
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is should clear up some issues, would love if the are more sources out there...
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-status-effects/
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are things you can do to increase an enemy players stamina cost.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Is this hidden MagSorc buff cry post?
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plays Magsorc and moans about stam toons roll dodging! hahaha Gold!
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, “just keep roll dodging over and over and recover that stamina back” 4head!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.