The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lotus Fan Interupt will bring back Mblade Identity.

Daddysadface
Daddysadface
✭✭✭
Put an Interrupt onto Lotus fan so we can actually run Concealed weapon over Crushing Shock and another skill in parties. It doesn't need to be a stun as the skill is already powerful with it's Debuff. Lotus Fan with Concealed weapon feels so much better to play as a Magica Night Blade. It brings back it's "Class Identity" that so much of a discussion these days is about. The Number 1 thing a Nightblade should be able to do is use it's teleport skill to interrupt a Healer or NPC that is about to either heal it's group, rez,or use a "Channeled" or "Charged" attack against the player or group in question. Putting an AOE debuff on it is nice, but unless it does something more then just damage the target (AOE or not), I see no reason not to just use another skill in its place and the place of Concealed weapon, I see no reason to be a close range Blood magic assassin, when I can just stand at range and parse. You Stole everything that made a Mblade powerful from us. You can at least give us this one small thing as an incentive to be a close range blood mage assassin and not a wanna be Sorc with no pets.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, that’d be pretty cool if it did. Help magblades apply pressure in melee.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see the speed buff from Concealed Weapon rolled into the base skill. I wouldn't even mind seeing it uncoupled from Cloak altogether, and given a trigger that doesn't require stealth.

Personally, I'd like to see Minor Breach added to CW.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t a gap closing interrupt part of Templar’s unique tools. Not that it really matters, since any gap closer can be followed by a bash weave to interrupt without even using a GCD. Sure that costs a little Stamina, but it also deals some damage.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cam here but you already said what I wanted to WoI
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn’t a gap closing interrupt part of Templar’s unique tools. Not that it really matters, since any gap closer can be followed by a bash weave to interrupt without even using a GCD. Sure that costs a little Stamina, but it also deals some damage.

Is it? When I think NB I’d say stealth/cloak counts as the NB defining ability. People have complained about the aoe fear and merciless proc being reused on other classes, but I’m not sure if they’re class defining. The fear was because of it being what a magblade could bring to group play that another class couldn’t, with merciless I took the complaint to be Stamsorc and NB would have a similar playstyle outside cloak.

When I think Templar I think ritual. Tbh I didn’t even know the Templar charge interrupted or that it was unique.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Is it? When I think NB I’d say stealth/cloak counts as the NB defining ability. People have complained about the aoe fear and merciless proc being reused on other classes, but I’m not sure if they’re class defining. The fear was because of it being what a magblade could bring to group play that another class couldn’t, with merciless I took the complaint to be Stamsorc and NB would have a similar playstyle outside cloak.

When I think Templar I think ritual. Tbh I didn’t even know the Templar charge interrupted or that it was unique.

Yeah, it’s not used very much. It used to be bugged and would lock up the user after charging. Might be fixed now, I’m not sure.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO: Crushing Shock does a much better job at this (I never use charge to interrupt on my magplar). Since magblades have 2 class spammable options, there's little reason to not take Crushing Shock over Force Pulse

If they added an interrupt to Lotus Fan, I think that would make it what they've been calling an "overloaded skill". It would have to cost much more, deal less damage, or lose a mechanic. They just added AoE Minor Vulnerability on PTS, so interrupt seems to be in the other direction
    I want to see the speed buff from Concealed Weapon rolled into the base skill.

Off-topic, but I agree. @milesrodneymcneely2_ESO Should make a thread for it'
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Daddysadface
    Daddysadface
    ✭✭✭
    And they wonder why their classes all feel the same. Meta went from Class to Class and now down to just resource pools for dps. Disgusting.
    Edited by Daddysadface on September 30, 2019 9:09AM
  • Daddysadface
    Daddysadface
    ✭✭✭
    Assassin, Stam or Magica used to be the "Hard Counter" for Sorcs and other Squishies. Now it has just become it's greatest enemy, same moves, same rotation, same feel, same game play. again, Disgusting.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassin, Stam or Magica used to be the "Hard Counter" for Sorcs and other Squishies. Now it has just become it's greatest enemy, same moves, same rotation, same feel, same game play. again, Disgusting.

Just that it doesn´t work in eso that way - the supposed hardcounter of assassins (tanks) is unable to catch them ever. And even if they would be able to - they couldn´t kill them.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a primarily stamina nightblade but I still use lotus fan from my small pool of magicka because I love the skill. When I first made my character she was a hybrid of stamina and magicka and now she is mostly stamina.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor breach on concealed weapon needs to be priority.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, is this whole thread going to be about giving Templar class identity to Nightblade?
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, is this whole thread going to be about giving Templar class identity to Nightblade?
    Probably. :p

Sorry for the tangent, @tsaescishoeshiner. I suffer from a terminal case of tangentitis.