The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will StamNB see a "comeback" with new patch? (pve only)

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Again, not having the PTS sucks as stuff I would normally test myself I know have to go out into the wild (forums) and ask peeps what they have found, if anything.
That said....in looking at classes and dots and whats going to be reduced (maybe, still early) it would seem that NBs, not being a dot heavy class, would maybe shine once again? I know Stamden has some single target, or single hitting I should say, skills with the birds and the big bugs (and of course Yogi!) but was curious about NB skill set as well. And in line with that thinking will we be limited in our weapon skills as well, i.e. only Flurry, Lethal Inj, Miley Cyrus...oops, I mean Wrecking Blow and all the single hitters? This whole patch has just got the brain wheels churning, that's for sure. Be nice to see some fun builds come from it should the changes go live.
Again, thoughts...feel free!!! Cheers! ;)
Edited by Joxer61 on October 1, 2019 12:45AM
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think so, from my understanding patch 5.2.1 is going towards a tank meta which isnt the strong suit for NB since they nerfed bleedblade a while ago.

Tbh Stamblade is ruined for me with cast time on incap, unless they remove that I don't see it "coming back" too soon. Sure you can use 2H ult instead... but so can everyone.

But again I didnt test anything on PTS so take it with a grain of salt.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think so, from my understanding patch 5.2.1 is going towards a tank meta which isnt the strong suit for NB since they nerfed bleedblade a while ago.

Tbh Stamblade is ruined for me with cast time on incap, unless they remove that I don't see it "coming back" too soon. Sure you can use 2H ult instead... but so can everyone.

From what I have read...and "heard"....is that dots and such are going to suck, so that's where my thinking was coming from. Those classes that are less "dot heavy" would by nature be stronger, but then again maybe not?
    Im also looking at what I will be able to make cuz I am wanting a strong "in yo face" type of character since I have the stand back and go pew pew ones that can get a tad boring and static so am wanting to up the notch a bit (lag permitting) and see how I fair having to think on my feet a bit more. NB seems to fit that mould, but if its gonna suck eggs...well, yea....
    Edited by Joxer61 on September 30, 2019 2:31PM
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    till cast time on incap its dead
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »

From what I have read...and "heard"....is that dots and such are going to suck, so that's where my thinking was coming from. Those classes that are less "dot heavy" would by nature be stronger, but then again maybe not?
    Im also looking at what I will be able to make cuz I am wanting a strong "in yo face" type of character since I have the stand back and go pew pew ones that can get a tad boring and static so am wanting to up the notch a bit (lag permitting) and see how I fair having to think on my feet a bit more. NB seems to fit that mould, but if its gonna suck eggs...well, yea....

Sounds like you might want to consider a Stamden or StamDK
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I genuinely hope stamblade never ever comes back. Of all the classes in this game, stamblade is the worst with its gank burst which totally denies certain builds from even reacting.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    I genuinely hope stamblade never ever comes back. Of all the classes in this game, stamblade is the worst with its gank burst which totally denies certain builds from even reacting.

That's the role of the assassin class design, to kill you before you can blink, which is still possible to do.

Good players are ungankable for the most part, so maybe become one.
    Edited by susmitds on September 30, 2019 9:48PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I do not believe so. Not saying NB is weak. It’s simply not being buffed by anything to say it’s going to be any better than now and with DoT nerf, tank meta will be back full swing.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Calboy wrote: »

That's the role of the assassin class design, to kill you before you can blink, which is still possible to do.

Good players are ungankable for the most part, so maybe become one.

Good players are very gankable. Infact that's the only way to kill some of them
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I do not believe so. Not saying NB is weak. It’s simply not being buffed by anything to say it’s going to be any better than now and with DoT nerf, tank meta will be back full swing.

Ok, still a bit of a rookie to all this...whats this "tank meta" people mention? And while not the answers I was hoping for thank you much for not sugar coating it!!
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you might want to consider a Stamden or StamDK

Yea, I have one of each. But with Dk's being a "dot-centric" class, by ZOS' own words, I figured they would really feel this change more than others. But maybe not?? If that's the case then I am all over my DK for sure!! ;)
    Edited by Joxer61 on October 1, 2019 1:07AM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, still a bit of a rookie to all this...whats this "tank meta" people mention? And while not the answers I was hoping for thank you much for not sugar coating it!!

The tank meta really only applies to PvP, didn’t notice the title said PvE only, however what I said stands true for PvE as far as NB performance next patch.

Anyways, tank meta: It’s where everyone started to build really tanky while using burst sets to line up a lot of damage so they were hard to kill but did a lot of damage at the same time leaving things somewhat unbalanced. The increase in DoT damage this patch allowed for a counter against them. The DoTs were certainly too strong and needed a nerf but not as much as they are doing now and since they are being nerfed here is a good chance tank meta will reappear because there won’t be a good counter.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It feels worse than ever for me in the PTS... Like, not worth playing in PvE period ;(
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels worse than ever for me in the PTS... Like, not worth playing in PvE period ;(

NB? Cuz man I was really hoping it would maybe see some love or do better or be better cuz others suck now (seems to be a common thread)….
    Edited by Joxer61 on October 1, 2019 5:53AM