Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which is your favourite home, and which have you put most effort into?

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Moon Sugar Meadow - not contest. I've completed a ton of homes and this empty slate had to be most fun I've had. I love Elsweyr in general and enjoy the aesthetics of the ruins and furniture so that helps I guess.

Second - Tel Galen which is a crowd favorite

It's funny that when Tel Galen first came out, it was generally scorned. I bought it when it was first released, but felt sheepish that I actually liked it when it seemed very few actually did. But then, as more new players began clamoring for its re-release, it seems it's fallen into favor.

I do really like that home, but I never quite got it decorated to my satisfaction. I have some ideas, which will require almost a complete redo of the place, so I just haven't gotten around to it yet, since it's going to require a lot of work. But it's a pretty unique place and since it's smaller than any other notable (closer in size to the large homes at 600 slots) but with 700 slots, you can do a lot more with it within the item limit.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm that's difficult!

I have several favourite houses that I've put a lot of enjoyable effort into. I'll link the two I really loved most.

1. Hundings Palatial Hall. Love it to bits, but that was one of my first tries, and I'll be going back to that and redoing it.

3. Psijic Villa. That was my first attempt at a complete custom build, very hard to get right, and in spite of constantly being murdered by slaughterfish still very close to my heart:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434622/custom-built-over-sea-house-in-grand-psijic-villa/p1

3. Gardner House and Ravenhurst are similar to each other in many ways, and you can redesign the insides, add rooms etc and do lots with both of them. OK, so Daggerfall too!

4. Enchanted Snow Globe Home. Another real favourite, this one I decorated with a Christmas theme:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/440444/festive-christmas-snow-globe-home

Lots of others that have either already been decorated, or are waiting for a custom build....recently acquired Moonsugar Meadow and really looking forward to that one!

Edited by Aurie on September 18, 2019 9:12PM
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite would have to be Grand Topal Hideaway. It is a peaceful tropical retreat away from civilization. Ocean views, waterfalls, and a roaring volcano. A lot of good things happening there. I wanted the home to feel like there was always something to explore. Visitors will find various shrines, a wet bar and a tree house among many other landmarks.

dr7dq9gprf1m.png
    5x0pomf4dbyo.png
    lb9kjvql1ddr.png

My homes are on PC/NA @G1Countdown and visitors are always welcome.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek and Black Vine Villa.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • akillerninja6
    My favorite is the Gardner House in Wayrest. I like it’s location as well as the outdoor space to hold my siege equipment.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now it is my Lunar Champion's Hall with details like these (see below.) I spent waaay too much time adjusting the elsweyr walls. :)

9ziektqo7quy.png

3ipd4hbre4mi.png

d65b050y19ty.png

cjse8bjpu9zs.png

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen, the only one I've decorated.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grand Topal Hideaway

Recently, I am spending time on Grand Topal Hideaway and it's becoming my favorite; it has a lot of potential. Last night I started a small vessel build.

So far I have invested 31 items in the vessel.
    5KsOlDy.jpg
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, Grand Topal is my favorite! Share your @name if you don't mind a visit!
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    @Zypheran That is the most amazing house I have ever seen, bar none. How long did it take you to do that? Boulder tree refuge is the only house of that size that I really like (and am intending to get some day), but what you've done with it blows my mind. I was envisaging making it into a cosy little home with plants on the inside and furniture outside. You've made it into something that I never would've even imagined was possible for a house that size. Truly amazing.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    @Eirinin I love that you've furnished your houses for different characters and their backstories. I'm still working on the backstories for my characters. I have a rough idea of their personalities (my main is a Nord who got tired of her mum trying to get her to wield hammer and sword, and stormed out one day to learn bow and dagger in the wilderness).

So far, though, I've furnished all my houses in slightly different styles, but so that all my characters will be at home there. (When I got the Mara's Kiss inn room with my Bosmer, I put a lot of wood-elf furniture in, but included an Argonian wall medallion and a Nord brazier). I like to imagine that all four of my chars are friends, who encounter each other from time to time on the road, and share houses when it suits them).

Your character stories sound awesome, and I think it's brilliant that you're furninishing different homes for each.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DJfriede wrote: »
    Right now it is my Lunar Champion's Hall with details like these (see below.) I spent waaay too much time adjusting the elsweyr walls. :)

9ziektqo7quy.png

3ipd4hbre4mi.png

d65b050y19ty.png

cjse8bjpu9zs.png

:open_mouth:<3

It's like a piece of artwork! I would happily hang these screenshots on my wall! :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on September 27, 2019 9:55AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love so many homes that it's difficult to choose, but as general homes on their own, I like Hunter's Glade the best, closely followed by Cliffshade!

Some of my favourite builds have been at Hunter's Glade, but I think my favourite is my Nameless Bookstore, at Coldharbour. It is probably the one I am most proud of, and it took as long to record and edit as it did to actually build :joy: I currently have just 3 more to go until I record house number 100! Although I have probably built and decorated double that, as I don't always record them, I dread to think how many hours I've spent :lol: I put love and care into every home I work on though, so they all hold a very special place in my heart <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8D3NUkpVAA

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤔 hmm.. my favourite would probably be Daggerfall Overlook or as I call it: Shadowfall, since it was my first ever house besides the inn rooms. So it will always be up there for me

What house I’ve spent most time working on 🤔 probably my Aldmeri Grotto but I think my Not-So-Princely Dawnlight Palace will overtake that soon.

Shadowfall:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDDapod6zk
    (Please note that since this video was taken things have been added and moved etc. Also sorry for the not great quality)

Aldmeri Grotto:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qVuAHouOlzw&amp;t=1s
    (Again some things have been added/moved since the vid was taken but not too much more)

Not-So-Princely Palace:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gv7sdL9TTa8
    (Even though this vid is only 3 weeks old, I have added more stuff like bridge supports, coldharbour stuff, and even some skeleton targets etc.)

P.s. just want to say I love threads like this where people can show off their houses, always interesting to see what people come up with whether they keep it nice and simple or go with a touch of Sheogorath and go in an unexpected direction 😆

S.A.96
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great videos @Shadow_Akula <3 It's so fascinating to see how differently peoples minds work when they start on a home! I love how you add your own walkways and almost secret little areas which most people wouldn't even think about trying to get to! Your Princely Dawnlight is really great! So many amazing ideas! I have a bit of a love for homes that are creepy or look destroyed in a way, I feel like they tell their own little story and I really enjoyed watching that video :smile:

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great videos @Shadow_Akula <3 It's so fascinating to see how differently peoples minds work when they start on a home! I love how you add your own walkways and almost secret little areas which most people wouldn't even think about trying to get to! Your Princely Dawnlight is really great! So many amazing ideas! I have a bit of a love for homes that are creepy or look destroyed in a way, I feel like they tell their own little story and I really enjoyed watching that video :smile:

Thanks Elara 🙂 and yea I love adding little secret areas and exploring the limits of what can be reached 😁 funnily enough while they may tell their own little story I am working on long complex back-stories for each home (each home will also be connected via the backstory) already shared part of dawnlights in my dawnlight thread (buried somewhere in the housing section) 😆
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try to put as much effort into each home as possible. Especially since I've taken the approach of treating the home as a space that should blend in with the rest of the game world. Walking into my Daggerfall Overlook will definitely let you know a player put it together but every detail is meant to sell you on the idea that this could be a real place. There is no monsterous fish tanks or dangling objects that has no explanation for its placement. So there are times where I spend countless hours meticulously moving things til its just right.

Currently Daggerfall Overlook is by far my favorite home. But right now I am working on the smaller Shadowfen home while turning it into a hodgepodge of construction, supplies and belongings to present the place as a mercenary headquarters. Ive overhauled it a few times now and the current build is getting close to the slot limit. When its done it might actually be my new favorite house.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on September 27, 2019 2:43PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to put as much effort into each home as possible. Especially since I've taken the approach of treating the home as a space that should blend in with the rest of the game world. Walking into my Daggerfall Overlook will definitely let you know a player put it together but every detail is meant to sell you on the idea that this could be a real place. There is no monsterous fish tanks or dangling objects that has no explanation for its placement. So there are times where I spend countless hours meticulously moving things til its just right.

Currently Daggerfall Overlook is by far my favorite home. But right now I am working on the smaller Shadowfen home while turning it into a hodgepodge of construction, supplies and belongings to present the place as a mercenary headquarters. Ive overhauled it a few times now and the current build is getting close to the slot limit. When its done it might actually be my new favorite house.

That sounds amazing :smile: Are you on PC? I would love to see your homes at some point if so! Homes that look like they blend in with the world of ESO are always among my favourites, I think because I am quite obsessed with doing the same thing mostly, I don't like to add any items that wouldn't necessarily exist in Tamriel, unless it is a 'story' house like the one I posted above, which was actually inspired by another game :blush: I'm also working on a home right now inspired by the Blair Witch game, which is difficult for me because I really need to build a car for that one, which really isn't lore friendly at all! Haha! :lol: I kind of see those special builds as something separate from ESO and my main houses though I suppose.

• DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like a piece of artwork! I would happily hang these screenshots on my wall! :smile:

Thank you very much, @Elara_Northwind

Feel free to visit, but I guess you already have since we're in the same guild. :)
  • MrC
    MrC
    I think my favourite is my Nameless Bookstore, at Coldharbour. It is probably the one I am most proud of, and it took as long to record and edit as it did to actually build

Elara -

Had to tell you that your video was absolutely brilliant. Loved the atmosphere, the music selection, the attention to detail, everything. I honestly wish ZOS gave awards, because you deserve one.

I've been impressed with many projects by this community before, from taverns and athletic clubs to actual residences, both huge and cramped. Remarkable creativity and inventiveness by so many designers. But your Diagon Alley-type district, the bookstore itself, and the nightmare blew me away. So fun. I can't even imagine the number of hours you devoted to that project (how many building slots for just the streets and walls, let alone the set decoration? My god!).

Just wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. If I'm ever lucky enough to get an Elsweyr rectangular platform design to drop, I'll see if you still need one! No charge!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite is Mournoth Keep. At first I chose it just because my 2 main characters wanted somewhere in High Rock, and as I was previewing houses I realised outside space was really important to me. But I really love it and I find it interesting that when I visit other people's versions it can look really different even if they haven't done something extreme.

The biggest difference is that I've filled the courtyard with plants and trees so it's a lot more green. I'm going for a kind of wild/natural garden look, less formal than a lot of gardens but not entirely like the hillside outside.

Here's the only screenshot I have uploaded, I'll have to take more (or maybe figure out doing a video) if I ever get it finished. I've still got a lot of work to do on the interior, especially now I've discovered the Alinor bookshelf which allowed me to cut my library shelving down from 8 items to 2, and extend it into the 'chest room' so now I've got lots of extra item slots to play with.

L4kZ651h.png

I really like houses where I can tell thought has gone into every item. I've seen some amazing ones where each little area kind of tells a story or shows something of the owner's personality and I'd love to do that but I'm not sure I'm up to it. But I have got a great spot picked out for a treasure chest (once I unlock it) which I think will make it look like a real one. And lots of items I've added because it's the kind of thing I could imagine my characters choosing to decorate with.
    Edited by Danikat on September 28, 2019 9:47PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you very much, @Elara_Northwind

Feel free to visit, but I guess you already have since we're in the same guild. :)

I haven't visited! I didn't realise we were in the same guild, but I shall most definitely be visiting now! :smile:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrC wrote: »
    I think my favourite is my Nameless Bookstore, at Coldharbour. It is probably the one I am most proud of, and it took as long to record and edit as it did to actually build

Elara -

Had to tell you that your video was absolutely brilliant. Loved the atmosphere, the music selection, the attention to detail, everything. I honestly wish ZOS gave awards, because you deserve one.

I've been impressed with many projects by this community before, from taverns and athletic clubs to actual residences, both huge and cramped. Remarkable creativity and inventiveness by so many designers. But your Diagon Alley-type district, the bookstore itself, and the nightmare blew me away. So fun. I can't even imagine the number of hours you devoted to that project (how many building slots for just the streets and walls, let alone the set decoration? My god!).

Just wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. If I'm ever lucky enough to get an Elsweyr rectangular platform design to drop, I'll see if you still need one! No charge!

Thank you so much :blush: That is really kind of you to say!

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite home and most worked on home are one and the same. The exorcised witch coven cottage. I took the name quite literally and decided to build a temple of the eight in it. Transforming the space from spooky to beautiful seemed very fitting for the name, and was very relaxing.

My favorite area in it is actually the least impressive, which is the sauna I built. It's just a very relaxing looking area. :)
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 30, 2019 7:02AM
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragenhome, I like them small and cozy and with plenty of slaves in close vicinity.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exorcised Coven Cottage. I tried other houses, but this one I find the best for decorating. I'm still working on it from time to time for almost a year now. It'll be a home for my lovely Argonian maiden. Hope, I'll finish it one day and post some screenshots here on the forum. :)
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely enjoyed seeing and reading about everyone's favorite homes!
    Quite a lot of unique and creative designs!

This is a very good question @SeaWoodStage ! This one really had me thinking.

Like you, I thought my favorite would be one one home, but ended up slowly transitioning through the years since housing was released.

Actually, depending on my mood and projects I'm working on, my favorite tends to shift.

My first home, Strident, was what I thought would be it for me. I love the waterfall and it was one of the few homes in that style, that was moderately sized, with a beautiful landscape. However, that changed when Linchal was first released. I purchased that right away. It has remained near and dear to my heart.

Through time and seasons, projects and remodels, I grew to find my favorite would vary.

For instance, during Halloween, my Daggerfall became my favorite for the chills factor..

during Valentine's, my Linchal returned as my favorite for its romantic and Romanesque qualities..

Arena for its tribute to gladiators and Roman inspirations..

Twin Arches for my love of all things Lara Croft and Indiana Jones...

Sleek Creek, for its Japanese influenced sushi bar and day spa..

Cottage for the tale it contained waiting to be discovered....

Psijiic for its honor of service men and women...

Amaya for my Italian husband and my love of him, wine, and Italy...

If I must choose one, at this point in time, I would have to go back to my Linchal. It has gone through several renovations, but as it stands, it is my place of all things romantic... (what I consider romantic anyway).. from the meeting of two people, to engagement, to wedding, to honeymoon and life beyond..

https://youtu.be/vq_fC8YRSSw
    Edited by Delphinia on September 30, 2019 8:15PM