Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I love the new Dizzying Swing Change and the bow change

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
The new change to dizzy swing is combatively better than the older one and requires true skills...

OLD Dizzy:

I chose Dizzy over jabs because all I had to do was gap close and Spam Dizzy in BGs and I would still have a crap load of stam left to defend if needed.
Once you got the first one off even if they blocked or roll dodged you can keep spamming it up rapid fire. At some point their resources will drain and also the CC cooldown will end while spaming it and then you get another stun...They usually die the second stun...and no need to add execute or onslaught...

Jabs was worthless (other than the use to give me the crit buff) because it
1. Got reduced by major Evasion
2. Got reduced by major protection /1h BRP
3. The person could walk out of the jab area and only half of it hit...

Dizzying Swing was better because
1. It gave me a stun and all of my damage at the same time
2. Did not get reduced by major evasion
3. Does not consume resources if it stops half way through animation
4. Easy to land because no need to worry about resources being drained
5. uninterruptable

I only started using dizzying swing in august and found this out. Once I lined it up with Onslaught and Jabs or Execute
Dizzy, Onslaught, Jabs and/or Execute.. (The common rotation)
Dizzy, Dizzy, Dizzy, Dizzy
Dizzy, Dizzy, Execute
Dizzy, Dizzy, Jabs, Dizzy,

Note that previously I used DoTs... but then the DoT meta occurred so everybody was protecting against DoTs... It was then I realized Direct Damage ruled over DoTs even in the DoT meta...

1. You can't cleanse the damage of Dizzy swing
2. You can't cleanse if you are stunned by dizzy initially
3. You can't HoT Dizzy
4. Resistance to it is futile... while I spam dizzy and wait for your resources to be drained while you panic and try to survive it's high damage...
5. I have like 50% of my stam left or more once you blow all possible combinations....
6. Usually Dizzy, Dizzy, Dizzy will end you...unless you use and ulti to heal or make me back off...but then I come in with
7. Onslaught
8. You are done...

I didn't need skill at all for this.. All that BS class skills and whatever didn't mean anything when using dizzy... Stamplar ... had no identity...
Once I placed this build on Stam DK and Stam NB... it was like an anchor had been cut off my legs.. I was able to kill more efficiently.
It should be known that I do not slot Power of the Light...because I optimized for Dizzy over it.

So in my case, Dizzy Removed any identity of the class Templar...The only thing it had was the cleanse...It's why I always use templar to make stam builds.

I realized in the new PTS I will still use Dizzy over jabs... for pretty much the same reasons...but now I have utility....

There were some times when elite players knew when to block Dizzy...That was annoying because I really needed for the stun to go thru...
Now

NEW DIZZY SWING:

1. Causes off-Balance
2. I can heavy attack to stun a person who is set off balance
3. I can decide when to stun they can't predict it unless they wanna try to block everything
4. When a person is set off balance, they take more damage
5. When someone is heavy attacked while off balance they restore more resources

So I now realize I may have to ditch my medium armor...I want to build exclusively for heavy....Going from a stamina recov build to a resource build...I would have NEVER done it...but now the new Dizzy gives me an incentive to make the change...

So I am thinking like

Armor of Truth with Hundings Rage. I think I can put infused weapon damage glyphs an hold about 5 to 6k weapon damage for 20 seconds... optimizing for dizzy...

I am thinking of doing this on NB...I just recently started to use cloak on the PTS...Wow I was stupid using the healing cloak... My eyes were opened when all I had to do when poop hit the fan was cloak and sit around waiting for my resources to go back up...

Cloak imo > Templar cleanse...

I will have to look but i think NB has something that if i light and heavy attack i get even more resources restored... I barely play NB... yet once I switch to it I always kill better than that crabby stamplar...

Oh and it was stupid that when I was hit with a bow while toppling charging up... that i would be pushed back 2 football fields or more...

The DoT nerfs make no sense to me... However they should not be restored to their OP state...
Edited by LuxLunae on September 28, 2019 11:53AM
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not saying dizzy didn't need some adjustments but if it was outperforming other spammables why is the answer always to nerf it rather than bringing others up to par. Cause in general spammables are under performing by quite a lot. They are brushed off by good players that know how to keep their buffs and healing up. But alas if something kills someone they run to the forums to cry.

That being said I like CC taking more thought so the off balance swap for knockback is probably good. Dizzy should have remained a high risk high damage spammable though. It was the auto stun that made the damage oppressive.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d use dizzying swing over surprise attack if it wasn’t for having to use a skill from that tree to get major resolve and ward buffs. It’s a hard hitting skill. A lot of people crutch on it and it’s why they’re mad at the nerf, but I don’t see it as a nerf honestly. In non CP I suppose you can consider it a nerf since you won’t benefit from exploiter.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dizzy discussion has been ongoing for sometime so I'll leave it be.

Just wanted to say it seems like this has very little to do with the bow. It's in the title but no explanation as to what change you like.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . why is the answer always to nerf it rather than bringing others up to par.

Power creep.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dizzy discussion has been ongoing for sometime so I'll leave it be.

Just wanted to say it seems like this has very little to do with the bow. It's in the title but no explanation as to what change you like.

Probably the change to Draining Shot, snare instead of a knockback. It'd be the first time I've seen a bowtard excited for the change, every other bowtard is losing their mind over it.

@OP: cool story bro
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying Swing, Dizzying Swing, Dizzying Swing, Executioner, Onslaught/Dawnbreaker.

Imaging when you got three people on you, all doing that, and your stuck spamming HtD. XD
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    3 on 1 should kill anyone really.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Not saying dizzy didn't need some adjustments but if it was outperforming other spammables why is the answer always to nerf it rather than bringing others up to par. Cause in general spammables are under performing by quite a lot. They are brushed off by good players that know how to keep their buffs and healing up. But alas if something kills someone they run to the forums to cry.

That being said I like CC taking more thought so the off balance swap for knockback is probably good. Dizzy should have remained a high risk high damage spammable though. It was the auto stun that made the damage oppressive.

On live it is probably the only non-ult skill in the game that stuns and deals massive damage. On PTS I think they removed the stun/knockback/knockdown off of all damaging skills that are not ults.

Also it still deals decent damage IMO. I'm guessing the damage getting toned down was so that players don't just stack direct damage now that DoTs got nerfed. However, they forgot jabs is very powerful (Uh oh, I can hear the templar defense team already coming).
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

On live it is probably the only non-ult skill in the game that stuns and deals massive damage. On PTS I think they removed the stun/knockback/knockdown off of all damaging skills that are not ults.

Also it still deals decent damage IMO. I'm guessing the damage getting toned down was so that players don't just stack direct damage now that DoTs got nerfed. However, they forgot jabs is very powerful (Uh oh, I can hear the templar defense team already coming).

The dmg being toned down was because like usual they forgot to balance it when they reduced the cast time from 1.1 to 0.8s.

The entire point of dizzy was it was a slow hard hitting attack, if that attack now fires faster then of course the dmg needs toning down to compensate.

The cc removal was zos deciding dizzy needed their 'dmg spamables can't have cc as well' thing that have going, which is fine. A skill with like a 16k tooltip which can be used once every second doesn't need an auto cc.

Now you gotta heavy weave and with the off balance dizzy as a skill now requires a bit more skill.

So a buff to people able to use it properly, a nerf to dizzy meta spammers who entire offense is literally dizzy spam + onslaught.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 16k tooltip wearing spriggans/fury sitting idle. Think it gets up to 18k in a fight.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

I see dizzy as a combo spammable and burst skill. Like a midway point between shalk and concealed weapon. That said, zos has made it a point to make stuns dedicated skills.

If you think about it objectively, a medium to high damage spammable with a stun attached is already over loaded. You don't need to make any real choices. Just spam away and get a free cc. It is unhealthy gameplay.

Attaching off balance is a clever way to keep a stun option on dizzy. It slows the time it takes to stun and makes the user have to actively choose when to stun.

ESO pvp is about lining up multiple instances of damage to score a kill. Whether that be DoTs combined with a spammable/burst skill or just lining up multuple high burst skills, it is about combos. Being able to spam one, high damage attack that has an auto stun attached doesn't fit into this model.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 10% extra damage is arguably better for setting up team burst kills than a stun that could be applied by a teammate or on the next GCD.

What hurts about the change to DS is how it ends a play style that has existed since day 1. Sure, we all know that player who’s entire combo revolves around DS spam but it was the great equalizer in the face of defeat. I’ve seen fights swing one way just to 180 back the other way from a well timed DS. Quite exciting. But all things have a beginning and an end. So rest in pepperoni my sweet prince. 😢
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on October 6, 2019 1:39AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many questions about this post I’m not sure where to start and by the time I got to the end it seemed like another nerf dizzy troll post except it’s already being nerfed. Dizzy doesn’t remove class identity. You’re still probably using Rune, Ritual, Repentance, PotL, maybe Remembrance. And tbh use jabs after dizzy. It’s really good. Major savagery is really good. Minor protection is really good. This post sounds like someone who wanted to prove Stamplar and Dizzy is OP so quickly made one, trashed a few noobs in a big fight and then came here to post about it.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    3 on 1 should kill anyone really.

This is what people really dont understand, there are very few true 1vX players out there but everyone wants to be one
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not saying dizzy didn't need some adjustments but if it was outperforming other spammables why is the answer always to nerf it rather than bringing others up to par.

Bcuz the powercreep would be insane and everything would be trivia by now.