Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Prostitutes] A new gold sink?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Anyone remember Fable? https://fable.fandom.com/wiki/Prostitute
We're all adults here, right? PEGI 18 and all that?

If they did have Fable-style prostitution (fade to black, cue noises, etcetera) would you spend money at the NPC?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not for me as a regular thing, maybe once for a giggle but I can bet it would be very popular. It might lower the tone a bit though.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a bit too controversial in this day and age for ZOS to add. However, there is nothing stopping the RP community from using their imaginations and coming up with some creative endeavors.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    This may be a bit too controversial in this day and age for ZOS to add. However, there is nothing stopping the RP community from using their imaginations and coming up with some creative endeavors.

I thought sexual morals keep loosening. Fable is an oooold game now.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »

I thought sexual morals keep loosening.

Possibly. But depending on the individual, there's alot of things out there that could be seen as offensive. And people will definitely tell you about it when their morals or sensibilities have been offended.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out soon in a Crown Store near you for 999.999 crowns a pop.
    Screencap this.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is already brothels in the game, so why not? Though, I'd skip the noise. Was hilarious in Fable, but maybe not that fitting for ESO. A simple silent fade to black is probably more suiting. Also, I wouldn't call it a gold sink :p
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on September 29, 2019 8:43PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are Professionals, and they are referred to as "Courtesans" not prostitutes.
    and they are in morrowind and also in oblivion, and Skyrim and also if you want more they are also in a few addons.
    they are not only good for the game but they are also a must have if playing according to Lore.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:MW-place-Desele's_House_of_Earthly_Delights.jpg

MW-place-Desele%27s_House_of_Earthly_Delights.jpg

Edited by Gilvoth on September 29, 2019 8:55PM
  • 2Weenies
    2Weenies
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing like getting an achievement for going to a brothel 25 times and gaining the title of "Paramour," now is there?

Jokes aside, as stated above plenty of times, this is indeed rather lore friendly. The subject matter of practically all the Elder Scrolls games was intended for mature audiences, and Fable has done such things before. I wouldn't put as much thought into it as Fable developers did, however. The exchange of gold, a flirtatious dialogue, and a fade-to-black would be perfect. If you really want to, you can even throw in "waking up" in your skivvies in a nearby room or inn.
    "We're watching you, scum." ~ Every Ordinator who witnesses my social media commentary
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are already some, I guess, in the streets of Abah's landing. Women with exuberant robes, a fan, some manners

... and classified as something like "worker" when you check them in thief mode...
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on October 10, 2019 6:34PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SpiderCultist the Stallion, I can see it
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The RP community is already waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what to say about this thread
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The RP community is already waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you.
    Why does OP want NPCs to take the jobs of Argonian RPers in Riften Tavern?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not make it a job. writs and all that...

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fade to black? Wouldn't pay a dime for that.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bosmer
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fade to black? Wouldn't pay a dime for that.
    Yeah there was always a joke during the fade out but that was it
    Fable fade to black shenanigans with sex at the inn... fades back in and the Inn room is full of spectators
    HILARIOUS! >:)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. One thing that places TES above other RPG franchises in my book is the lack of this kind of crap. Yes, I'm aware it was present in Daggerfall and that there are hints throughout the other games but there wasn't anything beyond simple hints.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda has never shied away from sexuality or sex. But, they have always left it up to the imagination of the player. Which is how it should be.

Pixelated sex has always come across as gratuitous and contrived. Even in the Witcher games where it is more front and center.

In addition, leaving it up the imagination stops those who would rise up and protect us from ourselves as it takes away their ammunition. Just look up "Hot Coffee Mod GTA" for the uproar caused by just the possibility of having psuedo graphic sex in a game.

Besides, my Imagination is dirtier and more perverted than anything these devs could come up with.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is incorrect about everyone here being adults.

While OP is correct about the rating in EU it’s only set for mature in the good ole USA. That’s 17+. No major MMORPG in the USA will got for adult rating because it would reduce sales avenues.
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Bethesda has never shied away from sexuality or sex. But, they have always left it up to the imagination of the player. Which is how it should be.

Pixelated sex has always come across as gratuitous and contrived. Even in the Witcher games where it is more front and center.

In addition, leaving it up the imagination stops those who would rise up and protect us from ourselves as it takes away their ammunition. Just look up "Hot Coffee Mod GTA" for the uproar caused by just the possibility of having psuedo graphic sex in a game.

Besides, my Imagination is dirtier and more perverted than anything these devs could come up with.

These reasons are precisely why I disagree with the idea of adding this into the game. ESO is definitely one of the most mature-feeling MMOs out there, both in terms of the game itself and the community, but that doesn't mean I want to see a bunch of perverted stuff implemented into the game for the sake of realism and an excuse of creating a new gold sink.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should visit The Ebony Flask in Ebonheart someday.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a prostitutes guild in cannon btw
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF prostitution is not something that should be trivialised in gaming, get real ffs
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF prostitution is not something that should be trivialised in gaming, get real ffs

Trivialised? I mean, I don't know where you live, and I'm aware that prostitution is actually illegal in some countries, but it's perfectly legal in many others. I'm German and brothels really are no big deal here - we generally don't make a big deal out of sex and I really don't see why anybody would.

But of course that's just my personal opinion and I do agree that, while I might think that people should be a little more open about sexuality, it doesn't need to be in the game like this. Wouldn't really add anything. We all know Tamriel has brothels and prostitutes working the streets anyway, let's leave the rest up to our imagination ;)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread being a bit sexually explicit, content that is against the Forum Rules, we're going to go ahead and close it down.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.