The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

can furniture items be shared?

senote
senote
Can a friend with decorator rights to my house put her items in there? I don't see that it's possible but it's always possible I missed something.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not very far into housing yet, but AFAIK that's not possible.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friend would need to gift/mail you the furnishings and you’d be required to drop them off in your home so they can move them into position. Decorators can only move furnishings which are already in the home, they cannot add nor can they take away.
    I know it’s not a great method but I think ZoS made it this way to prevent thievery claims if one has a falling out for instance.
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on September 27, 2019 11:44PM
  • senote
    senote
    Your friend would need to gift/mail you the furnishings and you’d be required to drop them off in your home so they can move them into position. Decorators can only move furnishings which are already in the home, they cannot add nor can they take away.
    I know it’s not a great method but I think ZoS made it this way to prevent thievery claims if one has a falling out for instance.

I gifted them one of those storage chest things, the plan was to put it in my house so that we could both go there to ditch stuff. Now I'm wondering, if she interacts with my storage chest will it show the items she has in hers?
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately not.
    Your friend will still need to mail you / trade you the items from her inventory.
    You'll need to place them, being the house owner.
    You can just dump them in a pile, then your friend can move them around.
    Be wary though, your friend can not put any placed items back into her inventory either, so furnishings can't be carrier through doors. So make sure to put outdoor items, outdoors - and indoor items, indoors :)
  • senote
    senote
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Unfortunately not.
    Your friend will still need to mail you / trade you the items from her inventory.
    You'll need to place them, being the house owner.
    You can just dump them in a pile, then your friend can move them around.
    Be wary though, your friend can not put any placed items back into her inventory either, so furnishings can't be carrier through doors. So make sure to put outdoor items, outdoors - and indoor items, indoors :)

I might have not been clear enough, I'm not longer referring to the furnishing as such. If we both own the same storage chest, she places hers in her free house, and I place mine in my free house. We both dump the swords, armour etc we're not using to free up inventory space. If she interacts with my chest in my house would it show her items. Like when you go to the bank, everyone interacts with the same banker in the same place but see their own items.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot use storage chests in other players' houses, even if you own the identical one. No interact prompt will come up.

• senote
    senote
    Mix wrote: »
    You cannot use storage chests in other players' houses, even if you own the identical one. No interact prompt will come up.

Damn, that's a shame, would have been useful. I'd love to see player housing expanded to allow for more group options.