Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to I know how much my armor/weapons are worth?

Natarirozu
Natarirozu
Soul Shriven
Ok, so I'm in a really weird spot. I can craft just about anything and I do a ton of PvP and PvE content so I end up with every piece of armor from Impregnable to Crafty Alfiq. Here's my issue. I have no idea what literally any of it is worth. I have no clue what enchantments, traits, and sets are the most desirable so I can never price anything correctly. How could I figure this out? Is there a guide, or do certain traits just always sell higher? If so, which ones? Thanks in advance. 😊
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figure out Mat Prices, including all levels of Tempers. That is your cost. Shop at guild stores if you need to.

Then, determine if your time is worth anything, addon that much gold.
    Edited by Nestor on September 24, 2019 6:23PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play on PS4 and use this:

https://eso-pricecheck.com/

You could also check out the prices at the most popular guild locations (Rawlkha, Deshaan, etc). I like to look at what the traders are asking for outside of Belkarth. They seem to be fairly consistent with the average
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget to add in your tip (gratuity) for your crafted armor time and expertise, @Natarirozu.

I usually do 20% but it’s flexible.

Some players forget to tip (or don’t tip) for crafted armor ... so best to let them know your rate up front.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC so i just use TTC Addon it shows all price, if you're not on PC there's also a website that you can check

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natarirozu wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm in a really weird spot. I can craft just about anything and I do a ton of PvP and PvE content so I end up with every piece of armor from Impregnable to Crafty Alfiq. Here's my issue. I have no idea what literally any of it is worth. I have no clue what enchantments, traits, and sets are the most desirable so I can never price anything correctly. How could I figure this out? Is there a guide, or do certain traits just always sell higher? If so, which ones? Thanks in advance. 😊

You can shop around and see what others are selling those items for. That is a relatively reliable way, if a little time consuming. When I do so, I usually pick 2 or three locations, and check each guild store out for that item. That gives a good idea what people are charging.

There are I think some websites online which also offer information regarding the going rate. I have never used these.

Being in a good guild, there are often experienced players who can do price checks for you using the above and their own knowledge.

Personally I often sell my shiz for less than the going rate, because I want rid of it and I want da moneez asap.
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just say, beware who you ask, especially if you intend to sell to them.

I had the leader of a guild I was in tell me something was worth 1k, so I sold them what I had for 34k - I then overheard them laughing about them then selling it themselves for 250k. Needless to say I quit the guild.