Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

depths of malatar how to heal the npc

Fiewiel
Fiewiel
✭✭✭
As titel says. At the 4th boss I can throw thousands of heal into her and she still goes to her knees.
So what does this actually means?
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe you can only use ground based heal over time heals. You can pop barrier on her too.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you can only use ground based heal over time heals. You can pop barrier on her too.

Agreed, ground-based HoTs work the best ... such as Templar Extended Ritual, Warden Budding Seeds, or spamming Healing Springs.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you can get this achievement in normal mode aswell, no need for vet.
    PC EU
  • flopflop2
    flopflop2
    Soul Shriven
    I ran this on vet with my necro healer and yes, ground based heals should be used. Illustrious healing/orbs/renewing undeath wasnt enough to keep her up though. I ended up spamming combat prayer while she fights the ghost (can top her off with hots when she takes a break). You know you kept her up when she doubles over and puts both her hands on her knees to rest. If she kneels, she lost.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone slots reviving barrier, and pop it in turns
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ritual of Rebirth works, but it's expensive so you've got to have a build that can afford it. Cost reduction and/or high regen necessary.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to successfully finish this fight and Im as clueless as before. I put myself behind the npc so my frontal heals (breath of life / combat prayer) hit her and my party. I tried to put illustrious continuously on her, which kinda worked most of the time. The rest of my party I healed with radiating & sanguine & bol & prayer & orb.
    If she audio queues "heal me!" or similar I threw thousands of heals into her and whatever I did, I couldnt prevent her from doubling over. The ghost than said something "did you really believe I would help you? blablabla" And than they switched sides. This happened like 4 times and than the encounter was finished.
    Most of my party members asked me to heal her, but why, nobody knew exacly (because guide). One said "I thought thats just for the archivement?"

The last 6 tries I failed here, the people said the same thing, so that we killed the clones and finished might be the prove that healing her does something. But asking my partymembers so far, nobody knew something.
    Maybe I got this time some awesome dps and the others were bad... Can happen with pugs. At least the tank WAS awesome.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »
    I tried to put illustrious continuously on her, which kinda worked most of the time. The rest of my party I healed with radiating & sanguine & bol & prayer & orb.
    If she audio queues "heal me!" or similar I threw thousands of heals into her and whatever I did, I couldnt prevent her from doubling over.

What’s your Illustrious Healing tooltip, @Fiewiel?

Some DPS players can burn through the added Auroran damage shields after a failed heal mechanic.

Looks like this might be what happened ... as you just described.

You’ll not always receive excellent DPS when joining a random PUG for Depths of Malatar. So, work on your healing setup for next time ... by adding more sustain, spell damage, or both. ;)
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    The illustrious healing tooltip shows 1910 health. If she said "heal me" I used additionally bol and threw enough heals in her to put a tank with 50k health up several times to full (the graphic effect of bol was present on her so I assume the spell does hit her). I did not exhausted my mana completely though.
    It was indeed a pretty amazing party I got into. The tank was insane (not even sure if he needed any heals), the dps was stellar. We didnt wiped a single time and deaths were very rare.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, cool.

2k or more is recommended tooltip for Illustrious Healing ... so you're in the ballpark there.