Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Ask Us Anything: Craglorn"

• filimon.andreieb17_ESO
    Since you're making delves in Craglorn instanced to your group, could we have them instanced to your group everywhere in the world as well?
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good, however, my concern is that grouping will force me to skip all the dialogs and books and other stuff like it happens in group dungeons atm. I'm one of those people who leaves no stone unturned and thats impossible in a group of 4...not to mention group of 12 people. So i support idea to scale amout of enemies depending on how large your group is or maybe a single/dual player instances with less rewards or something. I don't mind rushing through content for rewards but i'd really like to explore areas on my own first.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what about the size of this new area? I'm really looking for more holds and new provinces areas for soloing but it seems we'll have to wait. So, about this pve zone, the size is about one area from your alliance more or less?
    Edited by RazielSR on April 15, 2014 8:55AM
  • caldon
    caldon
    So are we to assume that we must group in order to level to veteran rank 11 and 12 in this adventure zone or will there be ways of solo questing like there is now to level until we are ready for craglorn and the trials?
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭
    I had the impression that these adventure zones will be instanced to each party.It saddens me to see this is not the case.
  • Self1sh
    Self1sh
    TBH, I'm still extremely low leveled and very frustrated with it. I have so many character ideas I want to try out and can't decide which one to "main", not to mention the fact that I also have duo alts with my friends. Eight character slots aren't enough, especially when there are so many options in this game. So the fact that new endgame content is already coming out really off-puts me when I have several toons all the same low level range from experimenting too much.
    Edited by Self1sh on April 15, 2014 9:16AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caldon wrote: »
    So are we to assume that we must group in order to level to veteran rank 11 and 12 in this adventure zone or will there be ways of solo questing like there is now to level until we are ready for craglorn and the trials?
    As I understand the zone itself is public like other zones, the instanced dungeons and the trial is not.

Like how you complain that you have to group and the next complains that the entire zone is not instanced :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • caym
    caym
    Soul Shriven
    Zidway wrote: »
    Fade-away-games.
    Why Elder Scrolls Online may be a fade-away-game.
    Almost all players ( ie. paying customers ) want the same things out of a game, if we spend lots of hours of our time in it's embraces.

1. High fun time to small grinding/micromanagement time spent.
    2. Gaining phat loot and leveling.
    3. More than a few activities we can follow in the game.
    No matter how fun your first choice in the game may be, we do not always want to do just : PVP, PVE, Fighting, Crafting, Time in game with real world friends, Time in game with guild mates, Time in game meeting new people, or seeing new areas/dungeons/zones. We all want to do different things at different times during our game time.
    4. Changing our toons ( our player characters ) to fit the ever changing idea/plan of how we want to see them and the way we want others to see our toons.
    5. The lottery effect. We want to have a chance, even if ever so small to find, craft, loot a big prize like item or unique thing. Then have a way to show it, sell it for big coin, give to a friend or guild mate to be Santa, or just hold it till we have the level or need to use it ourselves.
    6. Game solo, game with others, look at other gear/loot, spend time at our guild.
    So by contrast we most surely do not want to have some activities cause us to be unhappy.
    A. Be bothered by rude players, gold farmers, have a lack of options to get the equipment or supplies we need for our toons at the right time and the right level.
    B. Have quests we are unable to finish because of the wrong level, the wrong items needed, or quests we need help on but are blocked from asking a friend/guild mate to group up with us and help.
    C. Lack of information from the game company to it's players ( again, it's Paying Customers ) that we need to make choices about our toons or our real world gaming time.
    ...NOW...THE...THOUGHTS...on...ESO
    On a 1 out of 9 let us look at MY thoughts on ESO.
    High numbers are better, and 5 is the middle.

1. Rate: 4. As the game goes on into higher levels and different zones, loot is a big problem. I spend more time sorting loot, sending loot to my friends/my guild, breaking down loot for crafting skills and moving from one bank toon to another bank toon. I only work on one craft but even then I need to level some other crafts up a bit to get gethering skills or do research on the off chance I may want to do a different craft at later levels. Even switching from my bank to my guilds bank to my real world friend crafting guild bank to my other bank storage toons is taking up more time than I spend in questing or exploreing the land. Sometimes I am unable to rush off with my real world friend or my guild mates to dungeon, to PVP or to help them with a tough area, because my backpack is full and it takes TOO long to sort it into any safe bank/location. The only reason the Rate # is not a 2 but made it up to a 4, is because the MAIL system is very good and I can send my friend a few items from where every I find the items to open up a little backpack space. This game suffers from not having some unlimited or at least large holding area for crafting mats. I mean realllllllllly 300 or 400 or more different crafting thing-ies ( from the first 2 zones ) and only 60 bank spots, that was a VERY bad ESO game company plan. That does not even leave any space in storage to hold on to lower level gear to help out friends/guild mates that start up new accounts or new lower level toon. What storage we have has such limited sort options and item marking options that it makes moving the stuff around a lot of work.

2. Rate: 6. The loot is ok, but not in the right spots. The really great loot should not be so random. The big monsters/sub-boss/boss creatures should ALWAYS drop something for everyone. The speed of leveling is fine.

3. Rate 5. The ESO makers should get high marks for PVP, PVE, Quests, Exploring but fall way short on Crafting ( see bank/storage info above ), on time spent with friends, on looking through stuff to buy/sell ( ie. an auction system ), on central area/guild hall to meet/interact with guild mates.

4. Rate 3. Good job there ESO makers on the re-spec options. Bad setup on visual look of items. Items should be more expressive and have more color ( dye, crafting options, something ). If we are to change and tune our toons, we need to be able to save weapons or armor of a type we are not using on the current toon build for use, if we change our toon plan.

5. Rate 2. What group of non-games at the ESO maker shop thought it would be a good idea to NOT have a world AUCTION HOUSE, well ..uh.. they need to look at the trends of the MMO games from the past to see how real gamers like to interact with their world. If by some chance you make with your crafting or find on a drop, some major item, then what can you do with the item.
    You can use it for your own toon, but it may not fit your build. You can stick it in one of your guild banks and let it fade away ( not bad, helping the guild is good ). You can put it in your guild's store ( if your guild is even big enough to have a store ), but can not charge much for the item ( I mean ... hay... it's guild mates ). You can put it in your guild store at a price that reflects how rare the item. ( making some of your guild mates mad or unhappy ) in the hope your guild can hold an area in PVP land that would let some non-guild folk see the item ( that is if they are not part of the group of players that will not ever go to a land with PVP, or if they are not part of another faction that would be blasted into dust while trying to see your sale items ).

6. Rate: 7. Solo play is fine. Small group play with real world friends suffers from not being able to go everywhere due to quest restrictions. Guild play suffers from a lack of a guild hall/meeting place to form groups and look at others toons/items. Guild play also suffers because there is not a guild meeting spot where crafters can help other guild mates with item builds.

A. Rate 2. The game need options in the setup menu to auto refuse guild invites from gold farmers, or guild invite spammers. Also, a one-click in text chat window to report rude players or gold farmers. The game really needs a universal auction house to let your toons gear up or just look at the purple items and dream.

B. Rate: 4. First major Undaunted quest is marked as level 12, but can sometimes destroy a full group of level 14 players. Sometimes players my want to take their not-so-combat type crafting toons out for a bit of exp. or to earn skill points for crafting but can not ask for help to do a really deadly quest due to it's solo nature. With the phaseing setup why are we still faced with solo only quest that have a limited number of needed quest items that other players can scoop up and make us wait for a re-spawn of quest objects. ALL quests should be marked in the quest log as solo only, needs a group or in dungeon/outside.

C. Rate: 3. Why do we have characters that have hidden information. Most of the Players ( ie. again. again. Paying Customers ) do not want to try to guess what is important about their toons when we are trying to set them up for combat/crafting. We have enchanting items with resistance for fire, frost, poison, etc. but NO where that I could find was there a number of what our toons resistance value may be or if there is a soft cap or how the +number relates to a protection %. Where is the % protection number that shows just how effective armor is in blocking physical damage.
    Lots of other things, why are there some chest that are marked as "impossable" to even try to unlock, if there is NOT a lockpicking skill. But if there is a lockpicking skill, there where is the number and how does it work. Why is there NO mini-map option, no option to put custom marks with notes on the main map, no option to "ping" the map spot for toons in a party to show where a spot of note maybe located. Somebody in my guild ( a huge guild that I think maybe up to the 500 account size already ) said that ESO was waiting for add-on makers to help them out with their job, and that would be sad if it is true. It has been said before but needs to be said again, before ESO brings down the server for work ( we all understand and most of us have no problem with the need ), ESO needs to let all the Players ( you know .. paying customers ) know a range or estimate of down time. Yes we know you can not be sure of the time needed and yes we know it may have to change on the fly and yes we know it will take the time it takes BUT for the love of what you do know at least GIVE US A RANGE OF TIME, a guess. If you say 10 min to 2 hours then we can monitor our guild forum to find out when the server come back on line. If you say over 2 hours and maybe up to 10 hours, then we can go talk to the family, take a shower, eat real food, take the dog out for a walk, go for our own walk. Remember we have to fit our game time into the real world. We maybe using our day off from work, we maybe fighting the flu and want something to do, we may have lots of things to do on our to-do lists and need info to pick what we want to spend time with on that list. So, put out a little information BEFORE you bring the server down, to give us a chance to make some plans of our own. If you later have to put in an update notice in your forums to let us know you will bring the servers back on line sooner or even need more time, then no problem, we like you, we trust you, we understand. Just give us a chance.

ESO has a good game with a nice visual look and maybe every player's first choice, but the one word that comes to my mind when I think of ESO is ... well .. CLUNKY ..
    If any game is a fade-away-game, it will run well for a month or two, I mean .. hay .. it's the new game, but will start to loose steam quickly and level off on new account. The people that chose to leave to do the next new game, the old other game they played before this one or do real life activities will not be replaced with new-blood. Then the game sorts of fades. A long time ago in a computer far far a thrown away, like 15 years ago, you could get away with "play it as we put it out", we are the only choice in MMO games, well that time is gone.
    Paying Customers x ( fun - unfun ) = Money for the company and resistance to fade.
    Just some thoughts from a paying customer.
    Sorry for the long post and this may not be the right area for this type of post but I could not find another or better area in the forum.
    And Ps. I am having fun and plan to stay with ESO as long as my friends will stay. Best of luck. I'm going to cheer for you.
    oh, and sorry for the long winded post.

No one is going to read that. At all.
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    1)Will you have authenticators available at any time in the future? With the amount of hackers/gold sellers, I'd feel safer paying for one.

2) Will you make improvements to the tradeskill window, letting us know what item can be used to research/that we do not know and items that we already know. There is an addon for this but I always prefer in-game.

3) Will you add a list of discovered recipes for alchemy? Writing them down on paper or getting an addon are the only solutions at the moment.

4) Have you considered giving some players ''guide'' status and giving them the power to ban gold spammers on the spot? All that you have to do in exhange is give them a free monthly fee. 5-10 per server will help you get rid of A LOT of spammers. Make it known to the ''guides'' that if they ban any other accounts for any other reason, they will be permanently banned. This has been done successfully in other MMO's.

5) Will you add to the achievements to let us know all the quests in a zone so we can see which are missing. For example, I can have done 68 out of 69 and missing one and not have a clue where it is. It can get frustrating looking everywhere for that one missing quest.

6) Can you look at the mana cost of cleric heals. Personally, I think it's a bit high when you have not so bad gear, a lot of points in heals, a pretty good resto heal and you have a hard time healing an entire event in a dungeon even after using potions and the food for mana.
  • BzzmentDwllr
    BzzmentDwllr
    Soul Shriven
    Nice job, you guys at Zenimax managed to NOT answer the only important question..... WHEN IS CRAGLORN GOING TO BE RELEASED?
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys crack me up. Know what you don't see here? 50,000 people screaming about lack of endgame content.

Know what you would see here if this zone didn't launch? 50,000 people screaming about lack of endgame content.

A ton of people are already lvl 50 and eager to get started with this zone. Endgame content is essential to the success of this game. Suggesting that zos postpones the launch of Graglorn in order to put every single member of their staff on existing bugs is just unreasonable. Do you guys honestly believe that zos isn't trying as hard as they can to fix bugs? Do you really think they don't understand how important it is?

I just hope they have some other form of garnishing feedback besides this forum. Because for every 1 person that comes here complaining, there are 100 people that love the game and are enjoying it without threatening to leave every second.

I for one am happy to see many things on this list. Graglorn looks like it is going to be a massive amount of fun.

• Necrashrwb17_ESO
    ill ask you why i am still blocked in coldharbour for 7 days now. I have had 1 phone call yesterday from tech support. He upgraded the issue and told me a game dev will call me in 24-72 hours. This is pathetic as it could be up to 9 days since the initial problem was ticketed. Fix your *** or refund me now!!!!

Kid take a vacation in Cyrodiil... go for a picnic day at the slaughter fish infested river. Or Make a climb on the frozen slopes all this while fighting your way past endless encounters that are not only "spawn bug free" trust me ill even show up. But will chanllenge ur game play light years ahead of any PVE BOSS. Beyon that all I can say is *** away even if they fix everything u ask for today on a post... you will find 100 new things to *** about tomorrow!!!
  • Necrashrwb17_ESO
    I really dont understand why all this rageing newbs. Do you not know that the people make the new content are not the ones fixing bugs. thats 2 diferent departments. Not only that I wouldnt want the developer that *** it up in the first place trying to fix it he would *** up some else. Try to see past ur *** rage and just play the game noobs.
  • rideh
    rideh
    Alphashado wrote: »
    I just hope they have some other form of garnishing feedback besides this forum. Because for every 1 person that comes here complaining, there are 100 people that love the game and are enjoying it without threatening to leave every second.

I for one am happy to see many things on this list. Graglorn looks like it is going to be a massive amount of fun.

+1
    Though I am looking forward to when they come out with longer real raid content. Something with scores of bosses that we can work on through the course of a week.
    Edited by rideh on April 15, 2014 1:41PM
  • quthth_ESO
    DewiMorgan wrote: »
    Is there some crumb to throw to us PVE-ers? Like, any hint that future add-ons won't require that we gang up with strangers just to beat up some OP mobs?
    Or will all new content tend to be group-based, because Bartle writes that forcing us to socialize is what makes us players "sticky"?
    To me, *letting* me socialize is great. *Forcing* socialization just to complete content, turns me right off.

Then go play Skyrim... This is an MMO, and grouping and commuity is a huuuuuge part of the game, especially in this one. ffs there are plenty of single player rpgs available.

Stop trying to spoil group content for people who actually like to play MMO's.

• KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO BE ADDING ON "Vvardenfell" ANY TIME SOON!? Cause I would like to take part on helping The Three from stopping the carnation of Dagoth Ur and help out with the construction of Ghost Gate surrounding Red Mountain.. Please notify me if this going to happen soon? :D
  • dg_rakhub17_ESO
    if this games becomes open world pvp then I will quit, and I know a lot of others will as well. because it would be too much like WoW and I hate that game because it was built on that reason, to the people working on fixing the game, keep it like it is, it is a TES game and that is what the people who don't have time or energy to post on here would have to say!

if you are not a fan then how are you able to get pulled into the game or the lore? (watch their is going to be several quotes from people who have already posted on here who are not TES fans.)
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said here in beta times...The game will be successful if ZoS please TES fans. Other mmorpgs fans that are not into TES mechanics/universe will come, will blame and will be out.

The game is amazing and I just want more and more zones to explore. This is TES universe, not another wow or other mmorpg clone.
    Then you have this madness coming from some supposed hardcore mmorpg fans wanting "their game" and smashing their heads against the keyboard whatever ZoS do.

But ZoS knows whats better and who they have to hear, that's what they are doing since the beginning and that's why the game is awesome and will be better.

Anyway, the game is doing really really well and the vast majority of people is enjoying the game and being surprised of how good this game is. But that people is just playing and enjoying, not flaming in forums.
    Edited by RazielSR on April 15, 2014 3:23PM
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post, delete please.
    Edited by RazielSR on April 15, 2014 3:20PM
  • esand78b14_ESO
    So tired of people making comments like "fix the bugs before you make new content." If you don't understand how development works please don't offer your suggestions. You see, in 2014 game makers like all big companies have these things internally that are called "Departments." The idea behind a department is that people work as a group towards the goals in which their area of expertise specializes in. You would never ask a baker to do a heart transplant so why do you expect writers and those who create content to find bugs in the programming code? If they all were working on programming, being that they don't ALL program, that would be a huge waste of resources and change absolutely nothing.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to ask that are there any class balance in the upcoming content ?
  • Karm2865
    Karm2865
    What we have is a broken game. I don't say bugged, because you can deal with bugs.but to many people are stuck in broken content.
    As far as the new content, The development team is probably not the ones fixing bugs but they should be, until the game is fixed it should be all hands on. If the new content is as broken as the old content people probably will be losing jobs. because this game is going to Die.
  • Elder_Jelly
    Elder_Jelly
    Soul Shriven
    I really hate the fact that the only way to be able to play this new adventure zone you have to have a group. Thats bs, I payed 80 dollars for the game and then I will pay 15 dollars a month for content that I cant even play. I am 32 years old and dont usually play co op so I guess my experiance would be dependent on me finding a group. Its really not a great way to treat players. I dont like it and if you guys keep doing stuff like that, I am afraid this will not be played much after 6 months
  • LimeCupcake
    The new zone looks like a lot of fun. However, it seems like I won't able to do any of the content on my own? I'm not opposed to grouping with people but some times being in groups means I don't get to explore and rummage around in crates and barrels because the group is in a hurry. Is there anything you are doing to encourage groups to slow down and not just speed from mob to mob in an attempt to get on the leader boards?
  • RKLimes
    RKLimes
    ✭✭
    Will it come with improvements to the guild store system?
    Will it give us the ability to open multiple windows at the same time? IE: Inventory and crafting.
    Will it provide comparison tool tips for crafting/what we're wearing?
    Will it allow us to preview how an item looks before crafting?
    Perhaps it could allow us to leave the same weapon in both slots for weapon swap, giving us the benefit of both action bars while specializing in a single weapon type.
    Will it let us look at our crafting windows without being at a crafting station?

If so, Craglorn is starting to look nice!

Keep in mind, I love the game. It just needs a few things.
    Keep up the good work.

(A timeline for intentions and improvements in the pipeline would be nice too!)
  • busterc48b14_ESO
    i
    Edited by busterc48b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 6:46PM
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    The new zone looks like a lot of fun. However, it seems like I won't able to do any of the content on my own? I'm not opposed to grouping with people but some times being in groups means I don't get to explore and rummage around in crates and barrels because the group is in a hurry. Is there anything you are doing to encourage groups to slow down and not just speed from mob to mob in an attempt to get on the leader boards?

This. Not complaining, I love the idea, but he has his point too.
  • birdeye
    birdeye
    ✭✭
    This all sounds really nice and I'm looking forward to Craglorn in what 3 weeks? But what I really want to know about right now is the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Justice system, and any other cool features being added. At this point we know nothing about anything but Craglorn its time to start the hype and the anticipation by giving us all the juicy details. I've not been terrible impressed with how ZOS has released information about the game and hope that changes. In any case I'm excited for the upcoming content patch.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hate the fact that the only way to be able to play this new adventure zone you have to have a group. Thats bs, I payed 80 dollars for the game and then I will pay 15 dollars a month for content that I cant even play. I am 32 years old and dont usually play co op so I guess my experiance would be dependent on me finding a group. Its really not a great way to treat players. I dont like it and if you guys keep doing stuff like that, I am afraid this will not be played much after 6 months

You may feel that way, but you are in a very small minority here. Too much group endgame content will not cause this game to die. In fact it's quite the opposite. If this did not have enough group content at endgame, then it most certainly would die. And faster than 6 months. I respect your opinion, but 97% of the MMO community expects, no, DEMANDS group content to keep them busy after hitting max level. As it stands right now, EVERYTHING available at lvl 50+ is designed for solo play aside from a couple dungeons. Group content is absolutely essential, and it needs to be progressive.

• derek.simon00ub17_ESO
    Do you hate pvper's? or are you just completely unaware that we don't ever want to quest, ..ever?