Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furniture Bag, please ZOS!

opallithia
opallithia
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

I know this has been requested several times over, but I'm not sure I've ever seen any sort of dev response or acknowledgement so I thought I'd try again!

As the catalog of player housing and new furniture grows and grows, please consider giving us a feature such as the craft bag for furnishings with unlimited storage space, accessible across all characters. This could be an additional ESO+ feature, or even an addon that you purchase with crowns (I'd buy it in a heartbeat). For many of us, housing is a huge feature of the game (my friends often joke that the real endgame is housing) and we spent countless hours decorating, talking about decorating, sharing housing ideas and projects, and creating stories and roleplaying within our houses.

However, space is becoming a huge issue. With bank capacity only at 480 maximum, and some houses having up to 700 furnishing slots, space becomes a problem QUICKLY. Especially for decorating enthusiasts who have multiple projects they are working on! My bank is always full of furniture, which makes it hard to put things I actually want to keep like armor or consumables in there, and trying to find a specific furnishing across multiple characters is tedious. It would be so much easier to have it all in one bag we can access on all characters, and have our bank be used for actual storage of content items again. I know I'd be a lot more willing to buy more furniture if I had the space for it!!

Hoping to get a response perhaps from the wonderful @ZOS_GinaBruno or another member of the dev team (p.s., it was fantastic meeting you in Seattle during PAX! Thanks for all you do!)
  • AltmerGF
    AltmerGF
    ✭✭✭
    Seconded, I'd love to actually be able to use my Coldharbor Estate as anything other than a spare furnishing dumping ground :P
  • AdriRaven
    AdriRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Thirded. Honestly, we're awash in bits and bobs that won't be used due to slot limits, which leads to skipping stuff for lack of utility, which leads to way more junk than there really needs to be, most of it being the bound 'clutter' that we can't be rid of and can't use. At least having a dedicated furnishing space would alleviate this.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by an ill-tempered corvid.
  • GamerKat6823
    YES! Oh, this would make my 40-houses-and-counting life SO much easier.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really needed, very much so, and if it can't be done, some other way for us to store furnishings, because I have 5 storage houses now, which I bought because I wanted to decorate them, obviously, but I can't, as I have nowhere to store my furnishings. I know some people have even more than 5, it's getting out of hand now, we really need more room to store things.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could find it, but they did say they were not going to do this, a couple months ago during a live stream. It honestly kinda killed my will for housing when they said they would never do it. Lemme try to find a link..
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was to do with the sheer number of different furnishings that would potentially be placed in a furniture bag, compared to the far lesser number of mats put into the craft bag.

That was their excuse.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do understand the Furniture Bag would be a lot more work than the Craft Bag.

I am at 2 700 slot houses full, 5 storage boxes and a good chunk of my bank. I collect furniture faster than i use it decorating (especially for limited time things like furniture packs or the crown furniture tab sale items)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to the ESO Live comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5MzzniD4
    Housing Comments starts around 17:00 to 21:00

The gist is that no, the Furniture Bag can't work exactly the same way as the Crafting Bag despite what you might think, so they aren't making one.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please!
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that if an unlimited furniture bag were as easy to implement as crafting that they would have done so since it could only increase the sale of furniture for crowns.

But why no partial solution to help both players and sales? What if every home came with “storage”, allowing you to stow a number of furnishings (scaling with property size) out of sight and separate from the limit on items placed? These items would only be accessible while decorating that home but could of course be taken out of storage to be moved elsewhere.

Another option would be to make furnishings bought with crowns not account bound so that players could at least sell items they no longer want.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 10, 2019 9:14PM
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have too many homes being used as furniture storage. I agree, this would be an awesome feature to have!
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to the ESO Live comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5MzzniD4
    Housing Comments starts around 17:00 to 21:00

The gist is that no, the Furniture Bag can't work exactly the same way as the Crafting Bag despite what you might think, so they aren't making one.

Ah, thanks for the link. I must have missed this one. That's a bummer, but I hope they can find some way to make this work with the upcoming performance changes...
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this basically has me avoiding buying crown furniture because then I'll be stuck with storage issues.
  • Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    what about a storage shed! that could be accessed only by you....just a plain housing space (think coldharbour or moonsugar)...that you use only for storage of housing items......similar to the storage chests so you could pull items from it while inside any house.?? It would have to allow an increase in item count tho to make it worth it..maybe double the amount of a normal grand house
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poms wrote: »
    what about a storage shed! that could be accessed only by you....just a plain housing space (think coldharbour or moonsugar)...that you use only for storage of housing items......similar to the storage chests so you could pull items from it while inside any house.?? It would have to allow an increase in item count tho to make it worth it..maybe double the amount of a normal grand house

I was thinking a warehouse we could purchase. Inside would be crates and barrels. We would be able to place furniture items only in those crates and barrels. No decorating in the warehouse so it couldn't be used as yet another house. It would simply be furniture storage only.
    The warehouse would come with a base amount of crates and barrels with more being available in the crown store and maybe with vouchers from master writs.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

I was thinking a warehouse we could purchase. Inside would be crates and barrels. We would be able to place furniture items only in those crates and barrels. No decorating in the warehouse so it couldn't be used as yet another house. It would simply be furniture storage only.
    The warehouse would come with a base amount of crates and barrels with more being available in the crown store and maybe with vouchers from master writs.

yup that would do it :D
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siege bag then as well
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    It was to do with the sheer number of different furnishings that would potentially be placed in a furniture bag, compared to the far lesser number of mats put into the craft bag.

That was their excuse.

Their main reason seemed to be about some of the furnishings being bound and some of them not, but I'm not sure why they couldn't just have two compartments for each item?

One for bound and one for not.

Its hard to imagine it's impossible, or even that hard, to do.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Siege bag then as well

Fine by me.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that would be fine, too.

As long as we could access its contents from wherever we are.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While a furnishings bag has been something I have requested on more that one occasion Zos has made it clear it will not happen and was good enough to provide their reasoning.

There are many times more unique items of furnishings than there are crafting matts and as such it would add a much greater load on the servers. After hearing this explanation it made sense why the more recent addition to storage was individual chests not tied to our bank.

So while I would want one I understand their reasoning as to why we will not be getting one.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    While a furnishings bag has been something I have requested on more that one occasion Zos has made it clear it will not happen and was good enough to provide their reasoning.

There are many times more unique items of furnishings than there are crafting matts and as such it would add a much greater load on the servers. After hearing this explanation it made sense why the more recent addition to storage was individual chests not tied to our bank.

So while I would want one I understand their reasoning as to why we will not be getting one.

Too bad their reasoning was basically a lie and the housing devs are just notoriously lazy
  • Nefelynx
    Nefelynx
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Yeah, that would be fine, too.

As long as we could access its contents from wherever we are.

Those are some great solutions actually.

I'd love a placeable trapdoor leading to a storage basement that works like that.
    Once purchased, placable and accessible in all owned homes.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, but as others have said they've already said no to this one. :/

I'd rather have a Siege bag, anyway.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    - snip -

Their reasoning is pretty shallow. If they designed the database and the code that accesses it well enough the only real additional load would be for external storage and maybe a bit more client to server communications. Since this is not a performance path a few additional database accesses shouldn't be noticeable to the player. I suspect the real reason is they don't want to do the work. They make more money by investing in Crown Store items and anything like this would just take away from that.