Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5.1.0+ Necro still same issues since Elsweyr PTS

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drunkbones are drunker than ever:
    - When used in close range, they simply just won't leap and just walk around next to the target..
    - Fast builds can out-sprint them when they leap and avoid the explosion.
    - The explosion is still dodgeable.
    - Sometimes they won't leap at all and just decays.
    - If the target is far away and run away from you, drunkbones will often just return to your side and decay

In short, they are pondering about their own existence even more than in the previous patch.

How about making blast-bones spawn next to the target to see if it improves its reliability? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Spirit mender is also still quiet drunk, because often it won't heal you at all - even if you are injures and the only player around the healing can go to. The ability often bug out, and you have to transit, log out or die before it works again.

This is a massive issue with one of the necro's perhaps most key abilities!
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So today is the day the class will be working properly?

Because
    9gi20i1itm6p.jpg

it is really not enjoyable anymore, AT ALL!
  • Daemonai
    Daemonai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dinokstrun wrote: »
    Suggestions for Necromancer going forward because this class is depressingly bad in PvP at the moment

- Remove target requirement for Blastbones would help if feel less clunky to use
    - Also need to fix the ability getting stuck (greyed out) so I'm not forced to spam bar swap just to fix it
    - Either reduce the health cost or change the cost to magicka on Necro cleanse
    - Make corpse mechanics consume the nearest corpse regardless of camera angle
    - Give Major Brutality/Scorcery to skeletal archer/mage respectively
    - increase the speed of skull projectile
    - grave grasp needs a rework and costs way too much
    - Res ult feels way too expensive for the value the targets resurrect with
    - Bone Colossus just feels lame to use after the bash nerf potential changes here needed to be up to the scratch with other defensive class ultimates like Corrosive. I'd say perhaps take the animated blastbones (res ult) and give it to Bone Colossus since it's a common ability npc bone colossus use (raising 3 skeletons).
    Edited by Daemonai on September 16, 2019 10:08PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want the class to work as it is. that is an acceptable thing to demand after 4 month, no?
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a pity that I dont even see that many posts about Necro.

The class didnt even get a chance to be liked by the community so it has few people talking about it. Imagine if this happened to Sorcerer like instead of Blastbones it was Curse that only worked 50% of the time, forums would explode
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Its a pity that I dont even see that many posts about Necro.

The class didnt even get a chance to be liked by the community so it has few people talking about it. Imagine if this happened to Sorcerer like instead of Blastbones it was Curse that only worked 50% of the time, forums would explode

I dont get it either. But as long as I am still here, I will keep it up. my motivation to stay is fading though.
    Especially because ZoS did never give any response or even acknowledged that necro is a broken mess.

So far, this thread,

This one : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487574/necro-is-a-flawless-class-without-any-bugs-whatsoever-and-does-not-need-any-fixes

This one https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/480488/zos-do-you-actually-care-anymore which just got closed because it was fairly viral

And this one https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/477766/another-patch-another-no-real-fixes

And they all just die down. And nothing from ZoS.

It looks like the community just doesnt care about it. Just like ZoS..
    Edited by xMovingTarget on September 3, 2019 9:40AM
  • luizpaulom17
    luizpaulom17
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to play Necro so badly. The only good thing for me with update 23 was Liko MagNecro parse video. But on real pve is just frustating... blasbones not being cast or the skeleton walking like a 80 years old man...
    And Siphon... its Just the worst skill ever... not only U have the turn around bug but also whenever U have more necros the mount of time becomes really short... U end up no tcasting at all
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Due to many of the current targeting issues with corpses and tether abilities, we are allowing Shocking Siphon and its morphs, as well as Restoring Tether and its morphs, to bypass the global cooldown. We are currently working on alternative methods to improve the targeting for these abilities, as well as improving the reliability of created corpses and their durations, but are not ready to implement them quite yet. We’re aware of the frustrating nature of attempting to use these abilities, which is why we have added a small stop-gap measure in the meantime until we can properly solve the issue.

Let us know if its still a pile of dogpoo fellas. I dont care enough anymore to download this. But I am still wondering.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on September 16, 2019 8:09PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to many of the current targeting issues with corpses and tether abilities, we are allowing Shocking Siphon and its morphs, as well as Restoring Tether and its morphs, to bypass the global cooldown. We are currently working on alternative methods to improve the targeting for these abilities, as well as improving the reliability of created corpses and their durations, but are not ready to implement them quite yet. We’re aware of the frustrating nature of attempting to use these abilities, which is why we have added a small stop-gap measure in the meantime until we can properly solve the issue.

Let us know if its still a pile of dogpoo fellas. I dont care enough anymore to download this. But I am still wondering.
    I downloaded, but if I'm being honest, I simply don't have any real drive to test the changes in this particular version. Battlegrounds-PvP is really the only reason I came back to the game with Morrowind, and the only thing that keeps me around long-term. With the big nerf to DOT damage, cutting the Skeletal Mage's damage in half, making the Colossus' Major Vulnerability only apply on the final hit (which means never in PvP, if you're fighting anyone decent enough for it to matter), and the complete failure to address any of Necromancer's PvP issues, it just makes me not want to bother.

Mystic Siphon is so terrible that even being off-GCD won't make it usable in PvP, especially with the already-weak damage being cut by another 33%. Magicka Necromancer's offense is once again utterly irrelevant in PvP, and if there aren't some fairly substantial changes to that over the course of this PTS cycle, I doubt I'll do anything but log in long enough to keep my mount training up to date. Mag Necro being left in this state for this long is simply unacceptable.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

I downloaded, but if I'm being honest, I simply don't have any real drive to test the changes in this particular version. Battlegrounds-PvP is really the only reason I came back to the game with Morrowind, and the only thing that keeps me around long-term. With the big nerf to DOT damage, cutting the Skeletal Mage's damage in half, making the Colossus' Major Vulnerability only apply on the final hit (which means never in PvP, if you're fighting anyone decent enough for it to matter), and the complete failure to address any of Necromancer's PvP issues, it just makes me not want to bother.

Mystic Siphon is so terrible that even being off-GCD won't make it usable in PvP, especially with the already-weak damage being cut by another 33%. Magicka Necromancer's offense is once again utterly irrelevant in PvP, and if there aren't some fairly substantial changes to that over the course of this PTS cycle, I doubt I'll do anything but log in long enough to keep my mount training up to date. Mag Necro being left in this state for this long is simply unacceptable.

Agreed Magnecro offence is simply the worst of the worst ! They just want us to spam the spammable and use a rarely working Blastbones because there is simply nothing else worth slothing in pvp.

There is nothing unique about Magnecro offence all of their damage abilities are simply not worth using in pvp except the Ricochet Skull no uniqueness whatsoever.
    I'm not sure why they don't seem to understand that Magnecro can't kill a decent player with that kit...
    Edited by Revokus on September 16, 2019 9:52PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016