Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Cold fire staff

Drakavyn_morelock
Drakavyn_morelock
✭✭✭
Does anybody else want a cold fire staff? I think it would be pretty cool and don't see why we don't already have one. It could be based on crit damage since you have fire for single target, lighting for aoe and ice for tanking
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly it would either replace lighting and fire or it would be used only by those who did not know better. In other words there is no real benefit for adding it.
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was only an idea for necromancers and or if vampires, since fire doesn't agree with vamps. I only mentioned the crit dmg increase as an idea for how it could be different to the others in the tri focus passive
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a cold fire oil pot.

Cold fire hits much harder than regular fire, so not sure if a weapon would be a good idea, that would be meta in a second. Maybe make the hammer in cyrodiil cold fire, but that would be hilarious.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would cosmetic blue fire be enough? Or does it have to be mechanically different from a regular fire staff?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just turn Ice back into a damage weapon focused on crit and make a new staff *coughIllusioncough* for tanking? No funky passives that are potentially detrimental but proper ones, proper skills for taunting, crowd control, bolstering defenses etc.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Why not just turn Ice back into a damage weapon focused on crit and make a new staff *coughIllusioncough* for tanking? No funky passives that are potentially detrimental but proper ones, proper skills for taunting, crowd control, bolstering defenses etc.

Alteration is the magic school of personal defense, not Illusion
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy inferno attack should be a channel
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alteration is the magic school of personal defense, not Illusion

Yeah I know. But Alteration is much more than that; there's feather and burden, waterwalking and breathing, locking and unlocking, resisting magic, elements and physical attacks, jumping higher, even flying.
    I will always say Illusion staves for magic tanking because Illusion staves make sense for it. First and foremost it can have a taunt (Frenzy) without resorting to what Tri-Focus does currently; since you're affecting your target's mind, they can be forced to believe that your little stick is extremely protective. Also as a tank, in pretty much any video game sense, is best at crowd control, Illusion is best used for that purpose.

"Best" healer PC/NA