Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does he jump like that?

SpiderCultist
SpiderCultist
✭✭✭✭✭
hey there,

just saw this video and I'm wondering if there's a way to jump like that

it starts at 2:20 more or less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWJUlg8De5c

he's one of the best on the EU non-cp campaign but I've tried to replicate those jumps without success, is there a way or... "aliens meme"?
PC | EU
Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
"You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."

Best Answer

• Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    High movement speed and jumping down a hill (doesn't even need to be a steep one.. a slight hill is enough to launch you). Morph Rapid Maneuver to Charging Maneuver and you get both minor and major expedition for 40% movement speed for 8 seconds combined with medium armor then sprint while jumping downhill. Looks like he's getting his movement speed buff from potions though.
    Edited by Krileon on September 12, 2019 7:53PM
    Answer ✓
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is very flexible is how.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how he does it.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an exploit that apparently has never been fixed like a million other things in this game.
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Its an exploit that apparently has never been fixed like a million other things in this game.

What.. no it's not, lol. It's just forward momentum from jumping. Zero momentum while jumping would be the dumbest thing to ever exist. You'd never be able to get over a simple box that you were standing next to if the game didn't allow momentum, lol.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krileon wrote: »

What.. no it's not, lol. It's just forward momentum from jumping. Zero momentum while jumping would be the dumbest thing to ever exist. You'd never be able to get over a simple box that you were standing next to if the game didn't allow momentum, lol.

No you're kinda wrong. There is a legit bunny hop exploit. He is 100% abusing it and needs to be careful.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see:
    Momentum jumping (goes farther faster when jumping from a slope to a lower area and slower jumps when facing uphill)
    Jumping and casting a gap closer while in air
    Shade teleport (pretty sure I saw that)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not worth it.
    Edited by montiferus on September 12, 2019 8:08PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif

I'm just going to leave this here for educational purposes ...
    shades.gif

Edited by SirAndy on September 12, 2019 8:11PM
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a sprint jump on the hill area to me just perfectly timed so you don't see the sprint before the jump.
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    It's an exploit that allows you to get a lot of speed during few frames with some specific inputs and jump during these frames to get huge momentum, and that's call bunny hoping (Atleast I guess that's how it works given the way jumping works and how I experimented it myself)

You can use macros to do it, or you can do it with your own hands, given the fact that he failed (his second jump at 2:25 and 5th jump at 2:29), I guess he do it itself, and tbh, it's very hard to use it in combat and maintain it consistantly without macros, I like it coz it can be take for some players as some kind of difficult mechanic to master, but well macros, and it's still an exploit, even if I never heard about someone getting ban for it, just character lock (then delock), dunno what's zos opinion on that.
    Krileon wrote: »
    High movement speed and jumping down a hill (doesn't even need to be a steep one.. a slight hill is enough to launch you). Morph Rapid Maneuver to Charging Maneuver and you get both minor and major expedition for 40% movement speed for 8 seconds combined with medium armor then sprint while jumping downhill. Looks like he's getting his movement speed buff from potions though.

This scales with movement speed so with this exploit + a lot of speedbuff you can get very long jumps like him with Major expedition from his roll, but for real, try it with what you told, I'm sure you won't be able to do jumps that far, you'll be able to jump far, but not that far, the proof is that he failed to do it sometimes, and sprint alone can't make a difference that big between his 2nd and 5th jump compare to the rest.
    Edited by Lybal on September 12, 2019 8:26PM
    Out of this game, tired of horrible performance and a lot of changes.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people don't know about this exploit. I don't how how it works, but I have done it on accident a few times and let me tell you, it's not just speed.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its easy. I did this natively without even trying. Fun thing is. ZoS will ban for this if reported. If they would put the same effort into fix this damn game. it wouldnt be declining.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if this can be done on console?

Asking for a friend, obviously.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

Never played on a console, it involves some creative button smashing on the PC, not sure how that translates to consoles.

Can you run button macros on the console?
    idea.gif

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can, it's just hella difficult
    SirAndy wrote: »

Never played on a console, it involves some creative button smashing on the PC, not sure how that translates to consoles.

Can you run button macros on the console?
    idea.gif

You can via elite controllers or connecting your laptop to the console (which does run the risk of getting your account banned)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't know, but I've heard people accuse others of running macros. They might've just been making excuses for losing so badly though.

From what I can tell, you need to be jumping in a certain direction. I'm not sure if the controls on console allow for the same fluidity of movement as you have on PC, its always looked different to me when I watch videos from PC players. My videos by comparison always seem to look...clunky...when turning the camera.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't know, but I've heard people accuse others of running macros. They might've just been making excuses for losing so badly though.

From what I can tell, you need to be jumping in a certain direction. I'm not sure if the controls on console allow for the same fluidity of movement as you have on PC, its always looked different to me when I watch videos from PC players. My videos by comparison always seem to look...clunky...when turning the camera.

The truth is just in the middle. There have been proof of Macroing in ESO since at least 3 years ago but it doesn't mean any "macro user" is better than any regular user. Usually the macro is regarded to be a light attack after using certain skills (mostly dmg skills). That should allow the user an easier weaving (and lesser risk of carpal tunnel syndrome)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what it is, I was saying I don't know if people use it or not on console, or just salty people accusing others who may have just outplayed them.

Edit:typo
    Edited by xWarbrain on September 12, 2019 9:08PM
    XB1 NA
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what it is, I was saying I don't know if people use it or not on console, or just salty people accusing others who may have just outplayed them.

I've never seen it on console and Im out in Cyrodiil a lot. A buddy of mine did it accidentally when kiting a few weeks back but couldn't reproduce it.

It is just salty people. Very few are ever willing to admit with they got outplayed on Xbox.
    Edited by montiferus on September 12, 2019 9:11PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've never seen it on console and Im out in Cyrodiil a lot. A buddy of mine did it accidentally when kiting a few weeks back but couldn't reproduce it.

It is just salty people. Very few are ever willing to admit with they got outplayed on Xbox.

Very few people are willing to admit they'd been outplayed. Period xD

On the other hand, too much people takes this game seriously enough to cheat or get angry when they are outplayed.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W+A/D->Sprint->Jump. There you go.
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    W+A/D->Sprint->Jump. There you go.

^^^^ Yep, right this. The jumps that we saw in the video were classical strafe jumps and thats how you do. It's not the easiest thing ever to learn but its possible.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exploit jumping.

Sadly ZOS doesn´t do tempbans even when ppl provide video evidence of themselves.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

The truth is just in the middle. There have been proof of Macroing in ESO since at least 3 years ago but it doesn't mean any "macro user" is better than any regular user. Usually the macro is regarded to be a light attack after using certain skills (mostly dmg skills). That should allow the user an easier weaving (and lesser risk of carpal tunnel syndrome)

and a lot of software for gaming devices straight up comes with the software to create macros's

for instance auto light weave macro on a naga, just make a macro that instead of button 1 doing only button1, it does button 1, left click. same for all buttons. easy enough to test optimal delay in game and have a full set of macro's done in a few minutes.

you could actually set up a whole perfect skill rotation for trials or whatever if you wanted and key it to one button, just have to make sure the skills are in the right place.

not really a macro but I "know" people that had their interact key set to fire off like 20 interaction attempts a second or something like that back when hews bane came out and everyone was farming the chests. made sure they got them ^_^

it would be easy enough to re key your jump to be the "bunny hop" macro and as long as you knew what direction the jump was going to fire it would be easy enough to play around it (looking the correct direction etc. )
    Edited by Wing on September 13, 2019 1:20PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone can do this jump. the issue is being able to do it "on demand". which is not easy.

however - with a macro i'm sure one could make it "on demand".

the question is - when you see someone do it, were they just able to pull off a difficult replication combo on the keyboard at just the right time when they needed it... or was it a macro.

who knows.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing new, it's the megajump bug that's been around, unfixed, since forever.

Everyone does it accidentally once in a while, but it's certainly macro-able due to the specific combination of buttons involved. Certain players on PCNA have done so.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Axakal
    Axakal
    Soul Shriven
    Derra wrote: »
    This is exploit jumping.

Is it, though?

This isn't as much of an 'exploit' as animation canceling which is a lot easier mechanic to use and more rewarding in combat. Being able to use this jump consistently while being chased by 5 players is no easy task. It requires some serious practice and muscle memory. Even then I still fail and hop in place like 40% of the time.

So it is up for a debate whether or not this is an exploit. I mean, it's been in the game for what, years? I personally see it as another layer of skill that seperate players.
    Sadly ZOS doesn´t do tempbans even when ppl provide video evidence of themselves.

136.jpg

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axakal wrote: »
    This is exploit jumping.

Is it, though?

This isn't as much of an 'exploit' as animation canceling which is a lot easier mechanic to use and more rewarding in combat. Being able to use this jump consistently while being chased by 5 players is no easy task. It requires some serious practice and muscle memory. Even then I still fail and hop in place like 40% of the time.

So it is up for a debate whether or not this is an exploit. I mean, it's been in the game for what, years? I personally see it as another layer of skill that seperate players.

136.jpg

Lol animation canceling is not an exploit and has been said by zos themselves. Unlike bunny hopping which is 100% an exploit. If you think its "no different than animation canceling" go on ahead and abuse it. One day you will try to log onto a banned account
  • Axakal
    Axakal
    Soul Shriven
    Lol animation canceling is not an exploit and has been said by zos themselves.

No, it is not. That's why I called it a mechanic instead of an exploit. You missed the point.
    Unlike bunny hopping which is 100% an exploit.

It is 100% an exploit according to what exactly? Is there a scale that allows us to measure what is an exploit and what is not?

What's certain is that it is in the game for years and it is widely known, and yet ZOS didn't patched it out which strengthens my point IMO.
    One day you will try to log onto a banned account

What a lovely day that would be.