Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necro is still OP in PvP

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Every day been killed by this same build on a different account:

Magicka Necro
with
Skeletal Mage
Chokethorn

So, healing pet, damage pet, plus damage from player.

Chokethron is active 100%, dude just waits to become bone goliath. Drops Bone Totem if you bring a group. I haven't seen him die yet.

So to all those saying Magicka Necro isn't viable, give me a build that counters this.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say since we don't have very many of the particulars, but probably something with defile and cp inro befoul.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a group can't kill him, what size group we talking? Enough to have a DK and NB? Cause if he's blocking fossilize him and kill him. His ult lasts 20 secs, just kite him use range let your tank keep him cc'd should drop like nothing. NB fear him goes through block. If you really want to get serious a defile/cc tank with ranged damage entropy soultrap online bow gankers. I play a tank main that most no few players could think about killing. This patch they reworked the heavy armor ability that when used mitigates more damage per heavy piece of armor. This is pretty strong. Last patch a zerg would roast my tank, this patch nope. It takes them a while to do it now, sometimes minutes. Fossilize will be what you need most, you have him put in fossilize he will die might take a few times but it'll work. Also the fear from the totem, most every skill can stand outside its range and just hit them with like say jabs on templar. Hope this helps.
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on September 11, 2019 11:11PM
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Necromancer is easily the weakest class right now in PVP. No execute, no reliable burst (just kill blastbones in 1-2 hits or CC it), no reliable CC (just move/dodge out of the totem; no one runs grasp, but if they do it only hits 1 person per circle and is highly telegraphed), skull is easily blocked/dodged due to it being so telegraphed (shield ulta can reflect it as well), skeletal mage is healed through with a single cast of regen ticking on you. About all they got going is colossus (just CC them)/goliath (dodge out of) ultimates and intensive mender. Their purge isn't even worth using as it just kills you while everyone happily reapplies their dots. They've literally zero mobility. Your best option is to just keep CC on them and hammer away. If you don't have a source of major defile then enchant your weapon with disease so you'll have a source of major defile.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, lovely thoughts on magcro are so weak - because if you don't use any of those attacks and have an Argonian (so, diesease proof) not sure how you kill this one..
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro is op in pve too. Necromancer NPCs compelling poor Nightblades to kill themselves.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493157/my-character-killed-herself#latest
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka Necro
    with
    Skeletal Mage
    Chokethorn

Chokethron is active 100%, dude just waits to become bone goliath. Drops Bone Totem if you bring a group. I haven't seen him die yet.

So to all those saying Magicka Necro isn't viable, give me a build that counters this.

Stamina or Magicka Nightblade hardcounters this build.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ult is the only OP thing. The rest is just the build and play style. They made the class to be this way, alot of survivability and an expensive ult execute.
  • Diarf
    Diarf
    ✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=7852244

Ehm... counter... hmmm...ehm... everything?
    Edited by Diarf on September 12, 2019 1:11AM
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm, I haven't had issues in pvp with necros i guess.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP? No. Annoying as ***? Yes.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't seem OP to me with regard to offense... But gd they hard to take down. Necro healers are basically 12-man raid bosses in PvP.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, lovely thoughts on magcro are so weak - because if you don't use any of those attacks and have an Argonian (so, diesease proof) not sure how you kill this one..

It doesn´t kill you though.

If it does you´re doing sth wrong. Entirely.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro still sucks unless in a group dropping ults.

Half the skills don't work, it requires so many buffs and blastbones which should be the bread and butter of the dmg of the class is dodgy af and doesn't work.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Necromancer feels slow to me. I do think their bursts are a little bit more challenging to cast than a Magicka Warden. Blastbones does considerable damage, but everything else feels a bit slow in comparison to other classes.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn and skeletal mage huh.

That's all it took to be OP?
    Of all the things people use in pvp, this is what killing you?

No offense but it's kinda funny. I'm imagining a BG match where my teammate sees a guy with that mage and chockthorn telling me, "whelp, we're screwed. There's nothing we can do." Lol

I'll keep an eye out for such a build. Thanks
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

Magicka Necro
    with
    Skeletal Mage
    Chokethorn

I don't think a new build is going to save you if your group is getting 1vXed by the weakest PVP spec often enough to have to complain to the forums that its OP.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mag necro is the weakest,slowest and costly class atm
    total garbage for pvp
    only use is healing but there are so many healers atm playing at Cyro plus is full of templars spamming BoL
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka Necro
    with
    Skeletal Mage
    Chokethorn

Counters? Easy:
    > Petsorc: use pets to draw his pets fire and to prevent him from targeting you.
    > HA DK build: mine does 50k damage with the second HA it makes (noCP ofcourse).
    > My magplar: major and minor defile, spear to the face. Her heals are much better.
    > Stamblade: go invisible, wait for an opening and it won't matter that he gets heals.
    > Brawler build with resource drain potions.
    > Magsorc with Queen's Elegance and Energy Overload

These are just from the top of my head at 2AM. There are many, many, many more.
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    Im having a hard time imaging anything necro stamn or mag being OP in PvP atm their aoes got nerfed with scalebreaker blastbones is still buggy as hell despite being released like that from elsweyr with quite a few patch "Fixes" and its still buggy.

The only thing the class its self has going for it is the ults even then they are very expensive a few decent players might make it seem like their effective or even strong when a in a coordinated group but OP? No not even remotely

If anything id say necromancer needed some buffs and some actual bug fixes but since zos's devs cant screw in a lightbulb much less release a patch that actually fixed necromancer bugs instead they release patches that introduce new bugs for everyone.

That being said lets hope when dragonhold drops im hoping to see some changes some things for perks necros wardens dks stamn sorcs
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka Necro
    with
    Skeletal Mage
    Chokethorn

Sorc. Nightblade. 2 can take a necro down. A good Templar can, too.

Possible you're running with an inexperienced group.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    THE KEEP IS ABOUT TO FALL !
    SEND IN THE NECRO NOW !
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a tip coming from someone who has messed with magicka necro.

Bone Tyrant is a big ol bluff, Yes we gain a damage aoe and a health boost but we also get a huge ego in the process. :D

I've died many times cuz I'll focus on killing when I transform and not rebuff, many times the people I fight just run and dont attack me and that usually gets them killed unless they LOS like crazy.
    If you see someone transform, just fight them like normal and take advantage of them not rebuffing.
    Keeping range, moving while fighting hurts necro alot since the corpses cant move + they dissapear so fast.
    Edited by Araxleon on September 13, 2019 3:16PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still slap em around with my old school DK daily. You win some and you lose some but that's why PvP is so fun. Their ulti pummeling tho ….whoa, I roll dodge quicker than hell when I see that beast form up...even after the changes.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

Bone Tyrant is a big ol bluff, Yes we gain a damage aoe and a health boost but we also get a huge ego in the process. :D

I've died many times cuz I'll focus on killing when I transform and not rebuff, many times the people I fight just run and dont attack me and that usually gets them killed unless they LOS like crazy.
    If you see someone transform, just fight them like normal and take advantage of them not rebuffing.
    Keeping range, moving while fighting hurts necro alot since the corpses cant move + they dissapear so fast.

I used the same morph on stam and magcro and never died in transformation. No joke.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    Araxleon wrote: »

I used the same morph on stam and magcro and never died in transformation. No joke.

Not many people challenge it outta fear, I mean it does look badass lol.
    But when challenged it's actually easier to handle instead of running.

Overall I still enjoy it for 1vX because of the health boost / heal.
    @Casterial @ExhumedToConsume
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of looks, the pummeling ult was originally supposed to be a necro dragon.....

Could be the exact same damage and effect but the dragon wouldve made 100x better.

Alot of times I don't even see the colossus and I'm the one casting it.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro can straight bomb people if they ain’t careful or quick with the thumbs. 1v1 traditional setups are less effective however than some of their counterparts. I enjoy group comp builds tho so this is pretty much perfect. Stamcro doesn’t have issues with bar space imo.

I hit some kids for 14k crits yesterday with my colossus... they were high 500’s. But I still get good 10-11k crits on 810’s as well.

MagCro can basically do the same as stamcro but it’s a harder lineup with the graveyard and synergy being the primary burst for the build. If someone gets real thirsty and tries bursting me while I’m dropping my ulti+graveyard... they typically end up disappointed. Magcro ends up with bar space issues.
    Edited by Insco851 on September 13, 2019 10:53PM
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm just going to say you should probably l2p before crying on forums!
    here's a video of what is really happening, & why people deserve no opinion when it comes to pvp.
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/maarten627/video/79128383
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    so in other words when you can't kill someone 2v10 it's their fault, lol smh! give me a break! here's another one!
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/maarten627/video/79066323
    he's a buddy and a great guy, He has been playing since beta and is one of the few best players left in game.

With that being said,
    This is a prime example and reading this topic validates what I've been saying for years!
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    so in other words when you can't kill someone 2v10 it's their fault, lol smh! give me a break! here's another one!
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/maarten627/video/79066323
    he's a buddy and a great guy, He has been playing since beta and is one of the few best players left in game.

With that being said,
    This is a prime example and reading this topic validates what I've been saying for years!

😂 that vid is the perfect example of OP AF lol. Well played.