The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question: Berries and Feathers

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RexyCat wrote: »
    Always prioritize acquiring the berries, they are only available per quarter. Feathers can be pick up all year long.

With the way ZoS changed tickets system into a Fragment in Collection UI without any warning, I wouldn't count on that in the future. They might as well restrict how often you can get feathers and more or less force people to buy tickets in Crown Store when they are available for purchase. You never know with how ZoS lately just change things out of the blue...

With the original system you could buy several feathers (took place in inventory - but could be placed in bank or house storage chests) of same type and that way keep the Nascent Indrik after using all four Berry to transform 4 feathers into the next type. If ZoS wanted they could just have left the system with feathers being collected as fragments up to four of the same type (16 in total) which would make it possible to catch up with the Berries you still needed to collect as now. It wouldn't change the need to get tickets or that people would purchase tickets they would need to complete a mount.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Why did ZoS change how we collect feathers? Why can't we at least purchase at Impressario the amount of feather we want that would be stored as Fragments until we use them for transform out mount into the form of Indrik from using four berries that belong to that mount?

I had an extra feather in inventory that I bought with crowns before this change that I just lost this way. Haven't bothered to deal with CS to get this fixed, but this doesn't feel trustworthy that you can change how a long term system suddenly are being changed without any warning.

//RexyCat

^^this^^

Slightly longer version than my post but same inquiry - why the sudden change 2/3rds of the way through the year? @ZOS_GinaBruno?

Really annoyed that I can’t buy more than one type of feather any more, just in case. Bloody irritating, and no warning given. Nor any automatic recompense for those that list feathers. Very poor.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Slightly longer version than my post but same inquiry - why the sudden change 2/3rds of the way through the year? @ZOS_GinaBruno?

Really annoyed that I can’t buy more than one type of feather any more, just in case. Bloody irritating, and no warning given. Nor any automatic recompense for those that list feathers. Very poor.

It was inconvenient and poor timing, sure.

However, even though there was no automatic recompense, players can still submit an Online Support ticket to get back any feathers lost.

@Hallothiel, @RexyCat - The reason for the change was so players don’t skip out on future events by collecting stacks of feathers up front. Not sure if you’re just unaware ... or conveniently forgot so that you could complain in the forums.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

It was inconvenient and poor timing, sure.

However, even though there was no automatic recompense, players can still submit an Online Support ticket to get back any feathers lost.

@Hallothiel, @RexyCat - The reason for the change was so players don’t skip out on future events by collecting stacks of feathers up front. Not sure if you’re just unaware ... or conveniently forgot so that you could complain in the forums.

Shouldn't have lost any feathers. I had collected 1 toward my 5th Indrik, and it still sits in my inventory. The change irritated me as well, but it really only affects this 3rd event of the 3rd quarter. I'll buy my 4th berry on day 1 of the 4th event, morph my nascent, create a new nascent, and start collecting feathers 2, 3, and 4 towards my 5th Indrik. The only issue I can see is if the feather sitting in inventory doesn't go into collections when that space is freed up.
    Edited by Number_51 on September 12, 2019 5:01PM
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    i'd be interested in a balanced pvp experience, not based on gear and bonus points from the post leveling grind system
    probably not going to happen
    but i'd be interest in the indrik MORE if there was such a pvp (like i'd be interested more than zero interest or negative interest)
    so, if leveling is no longer important because all areas are 'your level' then why have any levels?
    just remove leveling, make everyone level 0 and then you can grind the 'cp' instead, oh wait... same thing
    gg ^&*
    Oh, now i 'C', lol ( * & ^ )
    Finally realized it is supposed to be about 'friends' online, lol; i thought it was about 'enemies' online, hmm
    Well, i can (must) buy the darkwood (?) sry, lol; blackwood expansion to get the companions, right? i'm looking into it right now.
    If they gonna put companions in the game, i'm a fool to say no (and be a f2p peon grinder, lol; feel for u, i used to do to) ;#)
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final quarter is going to be interesting. Assuming you're going in with a Nacent ready for evolution, you'll still need to balance buying 4 Snow berries and 4 more feathers for the final Nacent (80 tickets).

(If you're really on top of things, you could be going in with a Nacent ready for the snow evolution AND 4 feathers ready for the final Nacent, in which case you just need to buy the berries. I think, to be in this situation, you'll need to have skipped Onyx. Ugh; this hurts my head.)

Unless the intent is to have people catch up via the crown store... ahem... make it rain tickets, ZOS!

Edit: added Onyx caveat.
    Edited by reoskit on September 13, 2019 3:26PM
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, I doubt the indriks will continue to 2020. They've been doing this for a year now. People are burnt out. I could see them doing a different type of collection (say an imp, or something like that) just not indriks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Unless the intent is to have people catch up via the crown store... ahem... make it rain tickets, ZOS.

ZOS has always provided enough tickets for 4 feathers + 4 berries. But, yeah, if a player is behind on the previous Indrik morph and carrying berries into the next quarter ... that dicey situation is 100% on the player.

Can’t wait until late December for all the incoming forum complaint threads where players are “unknowingly” short ... and it’s all ZOS’s fault for not providing enough tickets.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    friimynd wrote: »
    may be hurtful to some?
    isn't that their problem?
    not mine?

It is unkind and thoughtless if you hurt someone's feelings and then say it is their problem. Everybody is different and being thoughtful, kind and polite doesn't cost anything and in the long run will actually benefit you in many ways.
  • mictrost
    mictrost
    I am glad that ZOS introduced the mounts to be earned in game, it cured my lack of interest in doing these events for the third time. After completing the achievements for the holiday event, the repetitiveness gets a little old. That said, a little more communication about the process would have been much less frustrating.

I have managed to acquire each of the mounts so far without buying tickets for crowns, along with the non-com pets and I am very happy with them. Looking forward to see what they come up with next.

My one concern is, after making sure only players who actually play can get these mounts, are they going to give them away in another way or sell them for crowns? This will remove the cachet of owning one, in my opinion. I mention this, as it has been mildly disappointing in the past to have "exclusive bonuses" become available for cash.
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    friimynd wrote: »
    may be hurtful to some?
    isn't that their problem?
    not mine?

It is unkind and thoughtless if you hurt someone's feelings and then say it is their problem. Everybody is different and being thoughtful, kind and polite doesn't cost anything and in the long run will actually benefit you in many ways.

but that is not what they said
    they said i should watch what i say just in case (IN CASE) i might possibly hurt someone's feelings
    they said i should never use the word obsession because it MIGHT possibly hurt someone's feelings
    and so... i said, "isn't that their problem and not mine?"
    gg ^&*
    Oh, now i 'C', lol ( * & ^ )
    Finally realized it is supposed to be about 'friends' online, lol; i thought it was about 'enemies' online, hmm
    Well, i can (must) buy the darkwood (?) sry, lol; blackwood expansion to get the companions, right? i'm looking into it right now.
    If they gonna put companions in the game, i'm a fool to say no (and be a f2p peon grinder, lol; feel for u, i used to do to) ;#)