The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Target dummy for tank and/or healer

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Soriana wrote: »
    @akl77 There are several overland world bosses that mimic trial boss scenarios and mechanics, albeit not with the same severity, but you can definitely test out your tank build with them...and you can use different ones for different mechanics. If you're interested, message me and I can tell you a few spots.

When I was testing my tank I went and played with the bosses in Wrothgar.

Sometimes just for fun I'll take my healer out and try to keep all the dragon hunters alive.
    Yes, this is tactics who works well, main purpose is to get muscle memory for skills to use.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    akl77 wrote: »
    Half says yes so far, that says it all.

Actually it does not. Besides the very low turn out, the logical explanations that it would do pretty much nothing to help a tank or a healer really speak louder. Being able to recognize the mechanics and react to them is what makes a tank good. No one looks cares if you take a little less damage with one set vs another.

But heck, if Zos makes it and you are wiling to waste your money on it then go at it. Anything they would make that would be on par with the DPS dummies would pretty much be worthless to a tank or healer.

Good luck with this.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a tanking solo dummy... It is called vAS+2 first 10%
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It'd be simple enough to set up,

for the tank - a "dummy" npc/statue/whatever that you activate and it brings up a list of avaiable mob spawn types i.e. "overland, dungeon, v.dungeon, trial, v.trial" after picking the type you'd then get to pick the number of said mobs that spawn in, sure they won't have any of the particular mechanics, but they will at least give you a solid enough feel for how your tank setup is working

for the healer - a friendly dummy that constantly sits at 50% hp via degenration [meaning while your heal applies it instantly takes damage to reset it to 50% hp] and after your all done you get a HPS number

while neither of these solutions are perfect they are still leagues above what we currently have available in that area... which is literally nothing.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    It'd be simple enough to set up,

for the tank - a "dummy" npc/statue/whatever that you activate and it brings up a list of avaiable mob spawn types i.e. "overland, dungeon, v.dungeon, trial, v.trial" after picking the type you'd then get to pick the number of said mobs that spawn in, sure they won't have any of the particular mechanics, but they will at least give you a solid enough feel for how your tank setup is working

for the healer - a friendly dummy that constantly sits at 50% hp via degenration [meaning while your heal applies it instantly takes damage to reset it to 50% hp] and after your all done you get a HPS number

while neither of these solutions are perfect they are still leagues above what we currently have available in that area... which is literally nothing.

If they did introduce this to the game there would not be one dummy that could do all that. You would get one of each type so you would need to purchase four or five dummies instead of just one.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."