Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enlightened?

Summ0n3r
Summ0n3r
How long does this last for once your enlightened? While i was farming xp yesterday i got the notification i was enlightened, noticed the massive boost in xp but almost immediately it went back to the normal rate i was earning.

Does enlightened only last for 1 CP point per enlightenment period?
win 10, i7-3930k @ 4ghz, 32gb, GTX 1070Ti
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not how long, it's how much. It boosts the next 100,000 XP you gain to 400,000. So if you're gaining XP fast, it won't be a long time.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    It's not how long, it's how much. It boosts the next 100,000 XP you gain to 400,000. So if you're gaining XP fast, it won't be a long time.

This is your answer ^

You can store a total of 4,800,000 enlightenment, which would mean 1.2 million xp's worth of 4x experience. Not, this doesn't affect how much xp goes into weapon lines, just into your champion rank.

Last obscure thing you'll need is that enlightenment is refreshed once a day and is account bound.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it written somewhere that the account gets its allocation of enlightenment each day at the time your first character reached Level 50. I don't know if that's true, but it would account for seemingly random time it happens.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ghastley

Yep, your enlightenment resets at the time you first reached L50 on your first character. Or, in the case of people who were around during Vet Ranks, when you first logged in after the change.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Summ0n3r
    Summ0n3r
    ty guys
    win 10, i7-3930k @ 4ghz, 32gb, GTX 1070Ti
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the enlightenment ever expire? Earlier today, I briefly logged on to train the horse, and noticed enlightenment was active, then logged off after a few minutes. I returned hours later, and enlightenment was inactive. I obviously hadn't accumulated enough XP to use it up, so it looked like it had just expired.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Does the enlightenment ever expire? Earlier today, I briefly logged on to train the horse, and noticed enlightenment was active, then logged off after a few minutes. I returned hours later, and enlightenment was inactive. I obviously hadn't accumulated enough XP to use it up, so it looked like it had just expired.

It caps out at like 4 million I think? I've had periods where I barely logged on and it kept building up, day after day. It'll tell you if it's active by going to your CHARACTER sheet.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

The “obviously hadn’t” part may not be true. You can gain XP while offline from crafting research, for example.