Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Nerf

mattriddle
In the newest patch:

"The sell value of food that you create has been reduced to be more in line with other crafting skill lines."

a.k.a worth nothing.

REALLY? Really? really? Come on, we should be able to craft something and sell it for something. I was actually thinking something positive about Provisioning when I crafted a bunch of stuff and made a few hundred gold off of it. Now you'll make it so they're as worthless as potions you craft, which often sell for 1g each.

Why do this? Why force players to sell to other players or go broke? I mean, there is no Auction House, so it's either 1) hope they sell in the guild store (good luck with that, with every other player looking to sell their crafted mess), 2) hope you can sell some on the street (best of luck spamming chat) or 3) just take a huge loss, and take 10g for an hour of Provisioning work.

This is STUPID.
Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    And NOBODY buys low level food...not even mid-level food. It's just not worth it, not when you find so much and it often is equal to what you can craft. Same with potions. Until you can combine multiple buffs in a potion or food, nobody is interested in buying it. I hate this nerf more than anything; it was the only way I was reliably making money as a dedicated crafter.
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    There is already a thread about this here.

Please learn to use the Search function on the forum.
  • vegeta0585b14_ESO
    vegeta0585b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    you were essentially able to take those 0g items from barrels and such and turn them into money. You were getting free money, and moreso than other professions who need to buy things like stones to craft, and you're complaining. Free money. Wat.
  • mattriddle
    how is it any different than taking free wood and stone from the world and turning it into armor to sell? free money, wat?
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    mattriddle wrote: »
    how is it any different than taking free wood and stone from the world and turning it into armor to sell? free money, wat?

Making any item with wood and ore costs 15g.

• aeroch
    aeroch
    ✭✭✭
    Or free if you save all the deconstructed/looted style materials, but who has the inventory space for that
  • mattriddle
    You mean for the style material?

For how expensive bag/bank space is, and how much space all these crafting materials take up, you'd honestly think Zenimax would want to pay back the crafter who actually hold onto these things.

Instead we're given more items than we can hold, pay out the ears to hold just a handful more, and then when we craft something with it, it sells for practically nothing.

It's like they want crafting to be the hardest and most irritating process ever.
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    mattriddle wrote: »
    *snip*
    It's like they want crafting to be the hardest and most irritating process ever.

Only the strong will survive.

So many people have Provisioning to 50 already. I had 50 Provisioning before I was level 15. I can't sell the stuff in a Guild Store. It doesn't sell. I would sell extra to a vendor for 200-600g a stack and make a lot of gold.

I think it's too bad this is getting nerfed but it is not without a good reason. You can go through a town and pick the place clean, log off, log on, and do it all over again. Cook up all that food and vendor it for a ton of gold.

If you want to talk about inventory space. Food stacks to 100. Daggers, boots, bows, staves do not stack. You would need to spend a lot of gold to hold on to 100 daggers. And let's say you did. What is going to be worth more gold?

100 Daggers at 100g a piece?

OR

100 Stacks of Crawdad Quiche at 600g a stack?

Again, I am going to miss my Golden Goose but it is unbalanced.

ED: Punctuation and spacing.

Edited by Brennan on April 15, 2014 1:21PM