Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should a stable master be available as a service NPC such as a Banker and Merchant?

Glarin
Glarin
✭✭✭
Aldmeri Dominon: Glarin |Dragonknight *** Erìnwy |Sorcerer
Ebonheart Pact: Alexandrìte |Dragonknight |Former Emperor *** Oops I Negated Again |Sorcerer |Former Emperor
Daggerfall Covenant: Eìr |Templar

Should a stable master be available as a service NPC such as a Banker and Merchant? 123 votes

Yes, but for house placement only
37%
PinesyDarcyMardinstatic_rechargeMitrengaRavenSwornNyghthowlerSilverwillowpeacenoteLucyferLightbringerReverbKatahdinmagictucktuckMattT1988FischblutJahneeORohamad_AliMelcor333RunefangTyharBobby_V_Rockit 46 votes
Yes, and allow it to follow like other NPCs
22%
rotaugen454quadraxis666GTech_1BouldercleaveNolaArchredspecter23pod88kkSnowZeniaGnortranermaraGiantFruitFlyEylloraUrbanMonkBladerunner1Walks_With_KagoutiMizaelJierdanitJayman1000RaisinTzayadMaggi12 28 votes
No
39%
MaddjujuCasterialvailjohn_ESORunkorkoLoralai_907GnatrakIdinuseMicallefAndyMacfeyiiHaenkHvzedaCasulShadow_AkulaSpiderKnightSasyksusmitdsPuzzlenutsblkjaglogarifmik 49 votes
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why? Would it allow for faster mount training? What does it do when all your mounts ae maxed?
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no but I really mean I don't care. I already have my mount maxed, but for people without it I guess I could see the short term benefits.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great suggestion for housing .
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Why? Would it allow for faster mount training? What does it do when all your mounts ae maxed?

well for starters, when you make a new character, the cycle starts over and you'd know exactly where a trainer is.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed. A stable assistant would become useless after mount training is complete. I guess if it were, say 1000 crowns, but I certainly wouldn't buy it at the usual assistant price of 5k crowns (or at any price, really). If it did something after training is complete, then maybe, but what would that additional functionality be?

ETA: I guess for a relatively new player that is still in the process of making alts and has lots of characters to train and will be training for the foreseeable future, then I could see some use for a stable assistant. It's of absolutely no use to me. I'm still training my new necro, but that's just one character, and he only has a few months left - not worth even 1k crowns. If I were going to spend crowns on training, it would be for the lessons to speed it up, not to have an assistant I can summon rather than going to the stables.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 11, 2019 7:58PM
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm a noob, with months to go before I max all my mount stats, but I voted no because I think it would be a waste of time after your mount stats ARE maxed. It would then become some random NPC that you spent crowns on, that swiftly became redundant. The banker and merchant are genuinely useful if you're out and about, but the riding skills are a daily thing that you may or may not do, and the benefits are finite.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd NOT buy that for a dollar. Wouldn't bother me if they added it after they fix the lag and disconnects.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I see no benefit to it. You’re going to use it at most once every 20 hours — why would you need one on call? They can be found in every major city. And after you’ve trained up riding on all your alts, they’d be of no use at all except as a decoration, and that’s quite an expensive decoration.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Agreed. A stable assistant would become useless after mount training is complete. I guess if it were, say 1000 crowns, but I certainly wouldn't buy it at the usual assistant price of 5k crowns (or at any price, really). If it did something after training is complete, then maybe, but what would that additional functionality be?

ETA: I guess for a relatively new player that is still in the process of making alts and has lots of characters to train and will be training for the foreseeable future, then I could see some use for a stable assistant. It's of absolutely no use to me. I'm still training my new necro, but that's just one character, and he only has a few months left - not worth even 1k crowns. If I were going to spend crowns on training, it would be for the lessons to speed it up, not to have an assistant I can summon rather than going to the stables.

I am such a player and even this is a non-issue. Where do I park my many low level alts while I work on leveling my main? That’s right, by a stable master. It takes longer to log on and off with each of them than to actually purchase the lesson.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy it, but for housing enthusiasts as well as those with multiple toons on horse training, it could have appeal. I'm not sure 5000 crowns would be a good price point but I suspect that is where it would end up.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Seems unnecessary, but then again, most things in the crown store are unnecessary.

Now, if you want to sell us an assistant that will fix my armor, that would be nice.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Judging by how the other assistances work it would offer no benefit other than convenience. I see it as a waste as it saves such little time and offers such little convenience.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naturally it would be a portable stable, which would be quite large so it would have to float in the air above you. Either using air balloons or magic.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not something I would use personally. The horse trainers usually aren’t very hard to find. A couple like Vulkhel Guard and Davon’s Watch are pretty close to the Wayshrines as well.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an npc following you around? Nope.

As an npc to have in your house? Most definitely.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It prompts you to roll yet another alt you don’t use
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If folks want to buy this for their house, that’s cool. I wouldn’t personally spend the crowns because it would only offer a short-term benefit (unlike the merchant and banker, which we can use indefinitely).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would not offer faster mount training. People can dream but that will not happen.
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    be a good feature offered in guild halls just like crafting stations and mundus
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be cool as a house placement but without being able to call them like a Banker, it'd have much less utility since going to your house is only slightly less inconvenient than going to the nearest town.

If it's only as a house placement, I can see the cost being very low, which might be a good thing.
    Making it like a Banker could probably save ZOS some coding time.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No - I agree with others - it doesn’t have long term value. I’d rather dev time went elsewhere for this kind of stuff.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Horse training is a total disgrace and should be abandoned.

It cripples the abilities of new players to do content - try running from one end of Auridon to the other for the Witches festival to see how demotivating it is.

If you are going to put NPCs in houses, they should at least be useful.
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, definitely, because stable master is classified as "temporary service", with life time ~6 months. After that time, you get max level mounts and you dont need that service anymore. The price of that NPC would be something like ~1800 crowns or max ~2800.
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭
    AndyMac wrote: »
    No - I agree with others - it doesn’t have long term value. I’d rather dev time went elsewhere for this kind of stuff.

LOL there is no so much dev time needed for this feature. From 10 to 30 mins. (i am not counting 3d artists dev time, because such service-NPC could be developed as low-prio QoL feature).
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I said no but if it were to become a thing it better not cost 5k crowns.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »

Don't be silly. Of course it would cost 5k crowns. This is $enimax we're talking about.
    Edited by Starlock on September 12, 2019 1:49PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Starlock wrote: »

Don't be silly. Of course it would cost 5k crowns. This is $enimax we're talking about.
    Starlock wrote: »

facts!
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be amenable to a craftable, mechanical stable master.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep for guildhouses, (no point in following the players).

also, merchant and banker should have extended options when in house, to be able store items in guildbank or to sell, buy items via guildstore.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    But not another Alfiq, while that would be funny I'd rather it be something unique. A hag raven maybe, or if it were for housing perhaps a dragon head sticking out of a cave entrance, who comments about their amazing self control while training horses.