The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question: Berries and Feathers

Jazdia
Jazdia
✭✭✭
Hi,

So this quarter I’ve fallen behind collecting the Onyx berries. I’ll still be able to get all 4, but this means I’m down on feather collecting. I’m trying for all Indriks.

Anyway, we keep getting told berries won’t repeat, but feathers will. Does this mean if we have a new iteration of the event next year feathers will become available?

Yes, I know I can purchase through the Crown Store, I just choose not to.

Any ideas? Thanks.
  • ThirdHorseman
    ThirdHorseman
    ✭✭
    I have the same question. So if this is our first event, do we go for the berries and then feathers or just skip it all?
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    @ThirdHorseman I’ve always thought and guildies back me up generally: berries first. As they don’t repeat, that’s your best bet.

If you do every day for this event and the next (last in the quarter) you should be able to get all 4 berries.

Feathers however, potentially prove a problem as who knows if they’ll continue.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_SarahHecker any answers?

Thanks.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know also.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol people really still doing this event? 😅
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though you would think there’s a good chance feathers will return next year, @Jazdia, there’s no confirmation from ZOS either way.

So, your choice ... you can play it safe or gamble.

“Playing it safe” means deciding on whether you’d prefer the Onyx Indrik or Pure Snow Indrik. Then, just collect the feathers/berries needed for that one mount.

“Gamble” would be the option where you grab the berries for both the Onyx Indrik or Pure Snow Indrik. Then, pray that the 2020 events give out feathers that are compatible with morphing out the final Nascent Indrik.

It’s not an easy choice, sure. But, that’s what the options are ... since you’re behind and don’t want to buy feathers.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if ZOS would let us know for sure! I just started ESO in July and have one berry so far. I would like to get both Indriks and also have the nascent Indrik, but I’m hoping I can catch up on feathers at a future date.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gave up on the mounts after collecting the first two Indriks, was just too much of a pain in the arse. They’ve got other things available for tickets now like furnishings among other things. That’s where mine are going depending if the furnishings are good and if I don’t already have them available.
    Edited by MattT1988 on September 6, 2019 5:33AM
  • ThirdHorseman
    ThirdHorseman
    ✭✭
    Just for fun, what would you suggest we get with the tickets this event, next event, etc. Based upon starting with 0 event tickets prior to IC.

It seems the only way to get one mount is to buy 1 feather and 1 berry every event (4 events in a period). Is that true?

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for fun, what would you suggest we get with the tickets this event, next event, etc. Based upon starting with 0 event tickets prior to IC.

It seems the only way to get one mount is to buy 1 feather and 1 berry every event (4 events in a period). Is that true?

Each event generally allows for enough tickets for 1 and 1, yes, @ThirdHorseman. Though you have to wait for the event announcement from ZOS to know how many tickets and the timeframe.

As I mentioned above, you have to option of morphing the Onyx Indrik or Pure Snow Indrik if you're starting now. You'll have to pretty much hit every day of the IC event and the next event to accrue all of the berries for the Onyx Indrik ... if that's your choice.

If you don't want either mount, there are other goodies available for tickets at the Impresario ...
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if the feathers continued, because although the berries don't repeat, someone might still like to get the base Indrik.
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for commenting everyone.

I definitely want the white indrik, so I might just treat myself to the soul shriven skin. Will depend on how many days I can do this event.
  • ThirdHorseman
    ThirdHorseman
    ✭✭

Each event generally allows for enough tickets for 1 and 1, yes, @ThirdHorseman. Though you have to wait for the event announcement from ZOS to know how many tickets and the timeframe.

As I mentioned above, you have to option of morphing the Onyx Indrik or Pure Snow Indrik if you're starting now. You'll have to pretty much hit every day of the IC event and the next event to accrue all of the berries for the Onyx Indrik ... if that's your choice.

If you don't want either mount, there are other goodies available for tickets at the Impresario ...

I just wanted to thank you for your patience and help. I appreciate the clarification regarding this event.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    It would be great if ZOS would let us know for sure! I just started ESO in July and have one berry so far. I would like to get both Indriks and also have the nascent Indrik, but I’m hoping I can catch up on feathers at a future date.

I think they are being silent on purpose. They don't want people to stop playing because, "Well, I'll just get that thing next year." They want you to feel a sense of urgency, real or not, to keep playing and earning event tickets right now.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    ErinM31 wrote: »

I think they are being silent on purpose. They don't want people to stop playing because, "Well, I'll just get that thing next year." They want you to feel a sense of urgency, real or not, to keep playing and earning event tickets right now.

That and I suspect one reason for introducing this system is to encourage people to play events they wouldn't normally do. If we know the indriks will be available in future years players could skip ones they don't like and just get the feathers/berries they missed in future years.

The fact that they added the feathers and berries to the collections menu makes me think they are planning to repeat them in previous years - it would be odd to put in the work to build the UI and convert them to collectables if they're only going to be in the game for another few months.

But I'm not taking any chances on that. So far I'm on track to get all 5 indriks by the end of the year (even allowing for the fact that I'll probably miss about 10 tickets during New Life due to being away) but I'm not risking missing tickets unless it's unavoidable because I don't want to end up short and find out the feathers and berries won't be available next year.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am annoyed that since they moved the feathers & berries to ‘Fragments’ it means I can’t get more than one feather towards making sure I can get all the indrik including a nascent one by the end of the year.

It actually makes me want to participate LESS as I can’t buy what I want with the tickets.
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    i feel it is for the truly obsessed
    and there is nothing wrong with that
    but it also makes a sharp divide between those and the rest of us
    and I'm ok with that
    I respect the obsession
    I also am somewhat obsessed with playing it casual
    For example, I ran around all the starter islands with each character to obtain the 'training' equipment set for each.
    Then I realized what is more important is the 'training' trait. I'm finally letting go of the training set items, one by one.
    Now I can craft my own training trait items. For me that is an accomplishment. I am proud of it and it does seem to make a big difference. (about +50% or so I suppose, depending on the coloration, maybe +75, 63? also weapon, so 8*8 =64 roughly)
    So, I'd really like to participate, but the level of commitment is rather severe, to me. For others it is 'casual'. Most of what I read is people saying they wish they could do more. At least once I've read of someone having 'all 5' indriks, guessing that would be the max possible so far. I think they mean all 5 types. You can't have more than one of each I bet.
    It is somewhat tempting to drop some money just to have it, but the prices are a bit much, imo. I'll look into it more. I actually stopped playing after learning of the obsessiveness required to achieve the mount. But kudos to those who did.
    Lastly, it honestly does not appeal to me. It is cute, but not something I can visualize myself using. I'm most fond of my insect mount, i forget the name. It is quiet, for one. And it is smooth traveling.
    Perhaps they will introduce a new mount you can choose to obtain instead of the Indrik? What do you think? What about those of us who just don't want it? Can we get something else? How bout a horse sized wingless dragon?
    Oh, one more thing. I was meaning to ask, is there anything special about the Indrik other than it's looks? Does it teleport you like a traveling shrine, or to one, in other words no gold, no recall time, etc.
    Does anybody else feel this way? Like, what the ??? indrik what?
    So after a year what are they going to do that is new? I heard they are continuing the Indrik indefinitely, though not the individual berries. Will they make some other mount for us who do not want an Indrik?
    I hope so. Or what?
    gg ^&*
    Oh, now i 'C', lol ( * & ^ )
    Finally realized it is supposed to be about 'friends' online, lol; i thought it was about 'enemies' online, hmm
    Well, i can (must) buy the darkwood (?) sry, lol; blackwood expansion to get the companions, right? i'm looking into it right now.
    If they gonna put companions in the game, i'm a fool to say no (and be a f2p peon grinder, lol; feel for u, i used to do to) ;#)
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    @friimynd Hi! I totally respect your position, but that’s what makes ESO so great... everyone can pick 1 (or more) things to spend their time on. They may be casual and play a few hours a week or truly dedicated and play every day, and that’s their choice. However, to me calling it an obsession is a bit mean, and may be hurtful to some so keep that in mind.

Would I like all 5 types of Indrik? Sure! It’d be nice to have the collection, but RL has intervened. Are they anything special? Well, to me, something earned rather than given makes it special. I’ve played different areas of ESO and made me friends. So yes, this is special.

However, as with everything it’s your choice! You can play or not, you can participate or not. The Impresario now offers items other than feathers and berries. And who knows, next iteration may be a mount you do want.

Thanks for reading.
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    ... their choice. However, to me calling it an obsession is a bit mean, and may be hurtful to some so keep that in mind. ...

What's funny to me is how obsessed I am with playing it casual. I log in to each of my 9 characters (there is a new race? or will be... i'll have to make a new character, lol) and click forward their mount bonus or do some writs, so as to pay for the mount bonus, or even actually run some missions, and how much I enjoy it. But I truly enjoy obsessing over it. I'm not a subber. I like not subbing. I also play a variety of games, so I feel it is not sensible to subscribe to a game and feel obligated to play it when I know I will be wanting to play other games. Of course the game is about obsession. To really reach the top ranks, compete at the highest level you must obsess over it. This is true of any game, even Minion Masters, which I am really loving, but even so I do not have the motivation to go to the very top, though I could. Same for ESL, elder scrolls legends. I have lots of cards and could put the effort to get to the top tier but I just am happy being casual, but still I obsess about it. I can't stand missing a day of logons for the bonus stuff. It is infuriating to miss the gold card by one day. Thankfully they moved it back a few days from the last of the month.

I obsess over managing my crafting inventory, the ingredients and such, playing multiple characters and having to logon different ones to suck the resources out of the bank into various alts who each have their crafting duties, some of which are merely to hold certain items for the team, such as the 'trait' gems and the style components, the premium consumables, the treasure maps I am too lazy to hunt down, etc.

Now I'm obsessing over collecting all the crafting recipes for housing items, even though I have actually not made a single one, or maybe one, not absolutely sure.

Obsession isn't a bad word. In fact it is a great fragrance, though I've only been told so, having never sampled it.

But I also have a recently resurgent obsession with swtor. They have the same sort of post leveling continuing advancement that impacts their performance in pvp et.al. So, really I'll never be able to achieve what they have already achieved because they will keep on out pacing me, even if I were to match their level of obsession. If it is impossible to compete, then what becomes of new players? There should be an upper limit, but limiting the obsession of the consumer is bad for business.

So, I've decided I am ok with merely being obsessively casual about my gaming. I like it. But I just don't have the aggro enough to live on the edge. I'll probably never get there. But maybe if I keep playing I'll get somewhere I'm satisfied with, or perhaps be satisfied just getting on with getting on. I'll have to see how the competition is after I break the level cap. It seems like there must be a plateau, but I don't see it yet. I've seen people in the 800's and maybe 900's. What is the upper limit? When will we see 1000's or 2000's? Is enough never enough?

The saving grace is the law of diminishing returns. As in business, the more you produce the less impact your increase in profits has. 10 points more than 100 is a 10% improvement, but 10 points more than 110 is less than a 10% improvement.

At any rate. I am upset that I cannot obsess over more than one game if I want to be living on the edge, but i can feel ok about obsessing over more than one casually.
    gg ^&*
    Finally realized it is supposed to be about 'friends' online, lol; i thought it was about 'enemies' online, hmm
    Well, i can (must) buy the darkwood (?) sry, lol; blackwood expansion to get the companions, right? i'm looking into it right now.
    If they gonna put companions in the game, i'm a fool to say no (and be a f2p peon grinder, lol; feel for u, i used to do to) ;#)
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    may be hurtful to some?
    isn't that their problem?
    not mine?
    gg ^&*
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Look, I don’t mind the word obsession, but some people do. I’m happy to wear that word, but others are sensitive to its use.

Yes, you can’t please everyone and you shouldn’t need to watch what you say or type, but that’s the way the world is at the moment. I don’t like it, but we’re in a public forum.

Just wanted to put it out there.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just don't get too obsessed with the event.
    Don't want to pick the wrong feathers or the wrong berries.
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    i think you don't understand
    someone being 'sensitive' to a word is THEIR problem
    they can choose to not read words
    gg ^&*
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    but it is YOU who are making a fuss about it
    i don't see anybody else expressing any 'hurtfulness'
    gg ^&*
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    @friimynd I was recently told the other day that it's not the person speaking's perception of the word, it's how the person being spoken to takes that word. Generally because everyone's life experiences are different.

I'm just putting that out on the forum, as I mentioned I don't personally have an issue with the word in the ESO context, just want others to be mindful that sometimes the way things come across to others isn't necessarily the way the speaker/typer meant.

That's all.

Political correctness can and has gone too far imo, but I've learned we must also be a little more mindful of others hence my original comment that the word "obsession" may be hurtful to others. It's all about perception.

And just because someone doesn't actually type a response on the forum, doesn't necessarily mean they haven't been hurt. It can take courage sometimes to express your opinion.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Always prioritize acquiring the berries, they are only available per quarter. Feathers can be pick up all year long.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Lol people really still doing this event? 😅

To be honest? I didn't start xd
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @friimynd You didn't lose anything with SWTOR by skipping out on Galactic Command or the Ossus grind. Come Oct. 22 when the new expansion launches, there's a whole new RNG grind beginning and the old one will be obsolete. If you have good RNG voodoo, you'll be able to catch up to the vets. If not...

Whenever I think about going back, I remember the pain :D

Honestly, you're best off staying as casual about this stuff if you can. Too many events you don't want to do for a shiny and you'll start burning out. You'll forget what's fun. IMHO, you've got the right idea :)
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    Whenever I think about going back, I remember the pain :D

yeah, i decided i'm going to sub for a bit just before oct 22 and go nuts, maybe i'll have fun
    you get a race unlock if you sub before then

i had gone through a phase or something a few years ago when i thought i was quitting games
    Both Rift and SWTOR had gotten on my nerves, and I told them to delete my accounts. Then recently something convinced me to give them more money and start new accounts. I'm still surprised at my decision but not unpleased. Instead of obsessing over it I'm more casual. I hardly play Rift and I've only just done enough SWTOR to feel comfortable.

With this recent ESO event it seems like it is best to have a working group to do your daily 2 event tickets. Losing my Tel Var stones got old real quick, as I'm not max level and an easy target for pvp gankers. I'll be there for the next event though, but this one is done for me. If someone had just told me about the Tel Var stones. I was like, 'didn't I have more of those things a minute ago', haha. upsetting

so,... back to swtor I guess, for a bit
    gg ^&*
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always prioritize acquiring the berries, they are only available per quarter. Feathers can be pick up all year long.

With the way ZoS changed tickets system into a Fragment in Collection UI without any warning, I wouldn't count on that in the future. They might as well restrict how often you can get feathers and more or less force people to buy tickets in Crown Store when they are available for purchase. You never know with how ZoS lately just change things out of the blue...

With the original system you could buy several feathers (took place in inventory - but could be placed in bank or house storage chests) of same type and that way keep the Nascent Indrik after using all four Berry to transform 4 feathers into the next type. If ZoS wanted they could just have left the system with feathers being collected as fragments up to four of the same type (16 in total) which would make it possible to catch up with the Berries you still needed to collect as now. It wouldn't change the need to get tickets or that people would purchase tickets they would need to complete a mount.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Why did ZoS change how we collect feathers? Why can't we at least purchase at Impressario the amount of feather we want that would be stored as Fragments until we use them for transform out mount into the form of Indrik from using four berries that belong to that mount?

I had an extra feather in inventory that I bought with crowns before this change that I just lost this way. Haven't bothered to deal with CS to get this fixed, but this doesn't feel trustworthy that you can change how a long term system suddenly are being changed without any warning.

//RexyCat
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This article is perhaps the most complete information we've received regarding the Indriks:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477

Two particular sentences would indicate that the Indriks are only available during 2019:

She [the Impresario] will also continue to stock all four Indrik Feathers required to summon a new Nascent Indrik throughout 2019.

Starting with the Dawnwood Indrik in Q1, each quarter this year will provide a different set of berries AND therefore a different evolution for your Nascent Indrik.

Also, the title of the article would seem to indicate that Indriks are only available during 2019.

Of course, there's a possibility that they will return next year; but if they do, then ZOS would have to add more to the Impresario for players who already have all the Indriks. Otherwise, I'd probably skip most events based on what I've seen of the "extras" they've included so far. And, I think having the Indriks next year plus some new set of collectibles to be earned in a similar fashion would possibly lead to more confusion and stress for new players, who will undoubtedly be disappointed that there won't be enough tickets next year to get both the Indriks and whatever new collectibles might be introduced.

I think it's best to operate under the assumption that these won't return next year.