The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Consider Some Additional Functionality Playing Under Faction Lock

Gundug
Gundug
✭✭✭✭✭
My guild likes to put on events in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City, and we often run into the problem of some members having certain well developed characters locked out of the campaign. I would like the developers to consider enabling all characters that have been locked out of a campaign to be able to queue in under whatever their unlocked faction is for the duration.

For example, if an account is currently locked to Aldmeri Dominion and the player wishes to enter the campaign with a Daggerfall Covenant character, that character may do so under the Aldmeri banner until the campaign ends. If the player later starts a new campaign with the Daggerfall character, all of their other alliance characters may enter under the Daggerfall banner.

There could even be a tag of some sort displaying that character as a turncoat in the campaign. Please discuss.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought only Kaal was faction locked?....aren't the rest free play for any faction? (I only play in Kaal, so I'm not 100% sure on this)
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    I thought only Kaal was faction locked?....aren't the rest free play for any faction? (I only play in Kaal, so I'm not 100% sure on this)

Yeah, 7 day is unlocked, but it's also a ghost town, so not really an option for PvP, more like the PvDoor campaign.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Yeah, 7 day is unlocked, but it's also a ghost town, so not really an option for PvP, more like the PvDoor campaign.

Actually there is stuff going on during primetime. And again if people didn’t just write it off as a ghost town and actually used it as a place to, oh idk, host guild events? (that just comes to mind for some reason), it would actually end up being a place people could play more often. If people just went when there is a queue for Kaal or it’s pop locked things would be great. But nope, people just want to clump into one giant gelatinous mass of players.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    My guild likes to put on events in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City, and we often run into the problem of some members having certain well developed characters locked out of the campaign. I would like the developers to consider enabling all characters that have been locked out of a campaign to be able to queue in under whatever their unlocked faction is for the duration.

As already mentioned in the thread, @Gundug, the 7-day campaign is not faction locked.

You’re free to hold your guild events there at any time.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Actually there is stuff going on during primetime.

It's a big world. There's a lot of time zones. Prime time is short (and getting shorter).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS implemented something like this, it would benefit players who want to play their alts for a single faction. That preserves the benefits ZOS sees in faction lock.

The main reasons it probably won't happen are:
    A. ZOS doesnt seem to be able to do alliance changes, even temporary ones locked to Cyrodiil, without more effort than they are willing to put in. The only time we see temporary alliance changes is in instanced Battlegrounds as shown through the Alliance Rider outfit.
    B. ZOS seems to entertain the hope that players who want to play their alts will fill up Imperial City or the 7 day CP Campaign.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses! I was unaware of the lack of a faction lock on the 7 day campaign. I assumed they were all the same. That does not address the possibility of wanting to use all characters that are in different alliances under one banner, but I suppose that may be something of an outlier case anyway.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both 30 days are Alliance locked(CP and Non-CP).
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens in the 7 day is what happens in IC if you take a group there that is competent and plays well you wipe the other group or two that may be there a few times then those groups leave and it’s a ghost town. The only time shor has decent enough pop to make it viable is maybe a weekend during primetime but that’s not even guaranteed
  • deathlikebean
    deathlikebean
    ✭✭✭
    I personally wish they would add faction change token, the same way they have race change tokens. It wasn't so much of a need for me until the added the faction lock. I have maxed out my character list, and had at least one of each faction so we could assist guildies that ran in other faction if needed.

But since the lock, I would like to be able to run any of them in Cyrodiil (Kal) to unlock tier one rewards on my toons or just have some other options to play in PvP.
    -Guild Leader of Senche Adventure Academy
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS has stated they won't do alliance changes.

Your guild has 2 options:
    Pick one campaign and people with pvp charcters on other facton, roll a new character

Or (probably better option)

The guild can pick a different campaign every month and all the players that want to participate in those events roll additional characters in the factions they don't have characters in and rotate factions each month.
    Beta tester November 2013