Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which is your favourite home, and which have you put most effort into?

SeaWoodStage
SeaWoodStage
✭✭✭
When I started playing I thought Twin Arches would be my favourite, it's so gorgeous. I've got to say, though, that Humblemud has remained my favourite. It's quite a challenging house to decorate nicely, due to the uneven ground and curved interior walls. But when I go to my Humblemud, it feels cosy, and the sort of place my character would come home to after a hard day adventuring. I love what I did with the courtyard, too (lots of trees, and lanterns hanging from trees, plus a chill-out chair and table).

So, what's your favourite home, why, and is it the home you put the most effort into?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a toss-up between my Master Angler's coral reef at Hunding's Palace and my Dwemer/clockwork workshop and lecture hall at Strident Springs.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use them for different purposes / decorating styles?
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I have a favorite! I like so many of them for different reasons.

I've put more work into my Tel Galen tower than any other, because it's tricky to design around the giant mushroom growths, because the space is limited, and because the tower is pretty difficult to light. That being said, I still absolutely adore Tel Galen. It has all the things I look for in a house, and a few interesting features that many homes lack (a dock, FULLY FUNCTIONING interior doors, an incredibly high invisible ceiling, and that sick levitation pad, for example).

Edited by chuck-18_ESO on September 11, 2019 11:27PM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinions might change because most of my homes are unfinished currently, as I change and add furnishings I might feel differently. My only finished homes are Sugar Bowl Suite and Grand Topal (and that I'm likely to change a few things in). I think currently my favourite for location and cosiness is Sugar Bowl Suite but surprisingly I have come to really love Colossal Aldmeri Grotto which I got deliberately because it wasn't a big favourite so I would feel more unrestrained in furnishing it and less worried about trying new things.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started playing I thought Twin Arches would be my favourite, it's so gorgeous. I've got to say, though, that Humblemud has remained my favourite. It's quite a challenging house to decorate nicely, due to the uneven ground and curved interior walls. But when I go to my Humblemud, it feels cosy, and the sort of place my character would come home to after a hard day adventuring. I love what I did with the courtyard, too (lots of trees, and lanterns hanging from trees, plus a chill-out chair and table).

So, what's your favourite home, why, and is it the home you put the most effort into?

I'd very much love to see your Humblemud.
  • red_bird
    red_bird
    ✭✭
    Sleek Creek
    I have bigger homes, and none of my toons are Khajiit, but I like the look and location. It's my primary, open to friends and guildies.
    pve on ps4
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    My husband has Princely Dawnlight Palace (he got it for free during the Hew's Bane event a couple of years ago I think), and he's not done a lot with it (he prefers Ebonheart Chateau). PDP It is my favourite of the huge houses, but I had a nose around it the other day, and I was a bit overwhelmed. That place would take forever to complete to satisfaction.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot, you're welcome to have a gander anytime. How, though? Do I add you as a friend or what?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My new Moonsugar Meadow house is my new favorite AND what I've put the most effort into. It's taken the shortest time because I worked in a frenzy day and night for about a week until I was exhausted and almost out of furnishing slots, and now I'm just adding one or two items a day after careful thought to hoard my last couple dozen empty slots. It's a really cute cozy little place that I wouldn't mind staying IRL for a vacation...after I get the bathroom finished. Before this came out, my favorite was my Hunding's estate, that place is comfortable and pretty and I am still utterly in love with the loft in the back that overlooks the water. Would totally buy that house IRL. <3
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    I realy admire you for that. I previewed Moon Sugar Meadow for fun, and I thought it was pretty, but I just couldn't see how I would make it my own.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Homestead was first released I loved Ravenhurst for the cottage feel and location but the Linchal Grand Manor was released and everything changed. The reasons are that is has a HUGE yard and small house and its is basically just a giant trophy house, and the only one i own with all Crafting Stations.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    and yes it is the Most effort put into.

latest?cb=20170605182624

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see your homes, @SeaWoodStage . They sound charming!

My favorite, oh my, hard to say because even though I have one main character, each of my alts still get an abode and I try and deco it to reflect their backstory.

My main is an Altmer, a widow and mother of grown kids. She has the townhouse in Alinor, inherited from an aunt. It is so girly. Lots of cream and pale shades with a bit of deep green and bits of crimson for spice. Elegant and a work in progress but I love it so much.

I made one alt a nun of sorts, a battle nun? She only has a tiny inn room but I'm going for clean, pared back, monastic in feel. One day I hope to get a bigger home and turn it into a nunnery devoted to Auri-El.

I'm also going to save up and buy a dunmer home to turn into a dunmer family tomb, a place for my dunmer to go pay homage to her ancestors.
    Edited by Eirinin on September 12, 2019 1:07AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Twin Arches was my first house, and I really liked it, but even with few furnishing recipes and mats, I quickly outgrew it. It’s too bad I don’t really care for any of the other Redguard houses. They just don’t have the same homey feel.

My favorite house so far is Earthtear Cavern. My first good ESO buddy had it, and even though it was the first house I saw, I fell in love with it and have never liked another one more. I have put the most effort into it and it will always be my main house. I only have about half the furnishing slots full, still learning furnishing plans and farming mats to try and fill it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite home is probably Tel Galen. NOT the inside. The outside. But I didn't do it justice and I intend to remodel when I have a good idea for it.

My favorite home right now is a toss-up I believe between the one I'm working on for Halloween (in Mournoth) and the one I did for Orc Party (which used Forsaken Stronghold).
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have built many and have enjoyed each build so much but this one below is my favourite. I just love that tucked away corner high up at the back of boulder tree refuge.
    https://youtu.be/bc85yoEJA-k
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eirinin Very cool! I think the most interesting homes evoke a mood and tell something of a story. :)

@Zypheran Very impressive, especially considering what you had to work with! I think my favorite of yours is your latest Moon Sugar Meadow build as it combines you amazing custom home with waterfall views and a tree-lined walkway leading up to it. :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite so far is the Alinor Townhouse. It was my first home purchase and I looked at a lot of properties before deciding. Originally I wanted a property with a larger outdoor area — ideally a grove — but I just don’t care for the layout and some of the other features of older homes. I loved the cherry blossom garden of the Matthisen Manor but the interior is mostly hallways and the high elf windows are a pain for decorating! I really liked the layout of the Alinor Townhouse, including the loft master bedroom and the larger brighter windows and general feel of the place. I thought the terrace did not feel natural enough for my taste (very austere rather) but it did include a towering cherry blossom tree and a fountain and I continue to modify it to my taste (more plants!) and the view is beautiful, especially in the morning. :) It is the house I’ve put the most work (and coin) into so far. Although I bought it furnished, I’ve been customizing and repurposing and seek to make it reflect the Altmer and Breton mages who live there. So far my favorite room is the large library. :smiley:

My other favorite so far is at the other end of the spectrum, my first inn room, the Sugar Bowl Suite, that evolved without a plan at first but I feel has come to fit well my Bosmer thief who calls it home. :blush:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 12, 2019 3:26PM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first was Psijic Villa after I discovered the extremely large amount of space on the water. Focussed on building there, the villa itself is almost empty.

second was Hundings palatial hall, I covered the water with a "wellness center", alinor platforms, a large pool. But was finished relatively quick, as the buildable area is centered at one place (the beach, whereas moonsugar meadow has several interesting different spots to experiment with).

third was Hall of the lunar champion/colossus (outside, first portal). The hall itself was a challenge to remove the depressive ambience, meanwhile it looks cozy. Outside I loved to set up a structure of stairs and platforms leading up, and ramps leading down to the lake. A great place for people who like to build outside.

fourth and current is the moonsugar meadow, perfect for large buildings like a huge bridge on the water to have a good view from top (using rectangular platform blocks and large towers), a pyramid made of large blocks, and many gazebos and shrines. I turn the whole site into a temple ruin complex.

Earthtear cavern initially was breathtaking, but has some issues like lightning. Still like it and started to build another large temple structure and platforms hanging down from the cavern top, but currently not my favourite yet.

Same with tropical island. I have not yet found out how I will give it a specific "theme" (like temple ruin in moonsugar meadow). It is great cause it looks good already unfurnished, offers lots of space to build at the beach, but I still lack a good idea. maybe my pyramid will find its final location there.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 12, 2019 8:06AM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a difficult question... deciding on a favorite is tough!

My main feels at home both at Linchal's and Silent Magnifico's. He always returns to Linchal to rest after extended adventuring tours, while he likes to visit Magnifico's to study all things Dwemer-related.
    I didn't do very much at Linchal Manor, just add some plants, lights, a pergola and statues in the garden. Ah yes, and I built a bathroom inside.
    Silent Magnifico's is probably one of the three homes I put most effort into, with a garden inside and everything. The other ones are the Witches' Hut (which I find extremely cozy now that it is so cluttered with stuff xD ), and Coldharbour Surreal Estate. with its rooftop garden.
    Out of these, the Witches' Hut Is probably my favorite home.

I have some homes I don't like all that much, like Hakkvild's and the midsized Bosmer home. I have no idea what to do with them, as most furniture that isn't Bosmer (or Nord, respectively) looks horrible there, but I also don't feel like decorating them in style.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I like quite a lot of them, including all my inn rooms.

Alinor Townhouse has virtually everything you could want, apart from front windows dowstairs, a basement and a 700 item limit.

Hunding's is a nice house, in a great location.

Only complaints are that it should have a few more windows at the back downstairs, there should be a ladder, or staircase up to a door/trapdoor to the flat roof and the furnishing limit should be 700; not 600.

Old Mistveil is a great house - unusually great furnishing limit for the size, as well.

Only real complaint is that the upstairs should be the same size as the downstairs, with 4 or 5 rooms off a corridor, then the balcony should extend off that (would probably need to up the limit to 700, if that was the case).

As opposed to the current situation, where the balcony (while nice) takes up a large portion of the upstairs area.

Topal Island is great.

Some people don't like the huts, but you can make them quite nice.

The new Meadow is gorgeous, but I don't have the energy, or the mats, to try to build on it, from scratch, at the moment.

I'm reluctant, anyway, without proper building item options - the kind the devs get to work with, at the very least.

Without them, it will probably always look cobbled, to me.

In terms of smaller homes, Twin Arches is nice (mini Hunding's), as is Autumn's gate (mini Mistveil).

Grymharth's Woe (garden and hallwayless Mistveil) and Ald Velothi are both great, medium sized, houses.

It's more a case of what I don't like, which would be Breton windows (although, they can be covered), tiny L-shaped rooms and one large corridor, institution-like places, especially if they don't even have doors off the main hallway.

High Elf architecture is a grey area for me.

It can be quite pleasant, but the windows take up so much room, they can be difficult to decorate around, in small houses.

Alinor is far easier to manage.
    Edited by Tigerseye on September 12, 2019 11:03AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot, you're welcome to have a gander anytime. How, though? Do I add you as a friend or what?

You can if you are pc EU and I would love to visit and your welcome to mine. I would love to see it on video and JHartEllis streams and YouTubes player houses both on NA and EU so you could do it that way if you don't mind it being online.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I bought a Rosy Lion Inn room when it first comes available my first full house was Twin Arches. I think Velothi Reverie would be my favorite and is the only house I've fully decorated and maxed out the item count. The biggest reason I like it is for the basement that just lends itself so easily to a crafting area which is where I spend a lot of time when in the house. I also like the way the main and second floor rooms are laid out allowing for things like a kitchen crafting area, an upstairs office for my assistants and large garden for conservatory items.

I am also putting together Autumns-Gate as a New Life (i.e. a Christmas house) themed house so seasonally it will probably become a seasonal favorite based on the time I will spend decorating it. I've also contemplated making a Halloween themed house out of Exorcised Coven Cottage to utilize the Undercroft items I have a lot of. Not very original I know but I like having personal tie ins to the game events.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    third was Hall of the lunar champion/colossus (outside, first portal). The hall itself was a challenge to remove the depressive ambience, meanwhile it looks cozy. Outside I loved to set up a structure of stairs and platforms leading up, and ramps leading down to the lake. A great place for people who like to build outside.

Could you share screenshots or a walkthrough of what you’ve done with Hall of the Lunar Champion? I’ve been exploring the limits of the traversable property and experimenting with different building ideas and love to see what others have done with the cliff and waterfall areas especially! :)
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 There's a ton of potential to the Hall of the Colossus wing! My mom-in-law has ramps leading down to a huge walkway built on top of the water!

I went with a more simple approach, and just built a sort of flying tea house over the waterfall. Not my most impressive work, but it's still lovely, and I LOVE the idea of it.
    ybrs2779ocb6.jpg
    tiwleie9u2g4.jpg
    t92u2s7b6a99.jpg
    n94nakzfx7ou.jpg
    idv99y7oakhl.jpg

The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

Could you share screenshots or a walkthrough of what you’ve done with Hall of the Lunar Champion? I’ve been exploring the limits of the traversable property and experimenting with different building ideas and love to see what others have done with the cliff and waterfall areas especially! :)

Sorry, have seen your reply just now.

Here is a video of the Hall of Colossus, the outside area (first portal) of the hall of the lunar champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlH4NTRQOi0
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

From the main Hall I just have some screenshots.

Most important to remove the depressive ambience were these steps:

- cover the ugly windows, the alinor dawn tapestry matches perfect, and a redguard oasis on the portal doors.

- wedding curtains add some "warmth"

- cover the portal mechanism with 3 stacked elsweyr floors. Turn the beams into spotlights using telvani lamps sunken in this new ceiling. Use stoneblocks or statues to cover the bottom part of the beams.

- warm yellow light in the center area (lanterns), in the background a stage with blue light illuminating a light color statue.

Some sound can increase the living room ambience.

- 2 alinor fountains partially sunken in the walls at the entrance (drippling water)

- a music box

- later added an Alinor clock (silent), and sunk below it into the floor a clockwork sequence spool to imitate a matching "ticking" sound

- murkmire bonding chimes for a "wooden" sound

I found it difficult to remove the "rotten" feel from this room, but with above strategy it now feels pretty "cozy" :)

FHak5X8.png

2KNgW4G.png

CpeA9F9.png
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 16, 2019 12:57PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love them all as they are totally different with distinct moods.

If I am to pick up one in which I spend most of my time - it would be Erstwhile Sanctuary. I blame blood and corpses... I love it creepy.

mm6cu8x5h6cg.png

tz1bmjdwur1y.png

The most time consuming build I've ever made is Lakemire Xanmeer - Tribunal Altars are really annoying to work with.

nqs3qvdejo0z.png

jhaox6a4srdh.png

If you want to see more check my yt channel or forum discussions.
    Edited by bayushi2005 on September 18, 2019 9:50PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd have to say that my favorite is still Velothi Reverie, which was the first home I purchased with gold at Homestead's launch. It was slow going at first, since I didn't have many plans or mats, and it's gone through several iterations over the years, but I finally settled on the overall layout a few months ago and added the finishing touches. I wasn't able to do everything I wanted due to the item limit, but I am overall satisfied with the end result.

There are other homes that I love, such as Amaya Lake Lodge and Ald Velothi, but the Reverie remains my favorite due to the amount of time I've put into it and being my first home (outside of the free inn rooms, of course).
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon Sugar Meadow - not contest. I've completed a ton of homes and this empty slate had to be most fun I've had. I love Elsweyr in general and enjoy the aesthetics of the ruins and furniture so that helps I guess.

Second - Tel Galen which is a crowd favorite