Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wayshrines in your home

Partomax
Partomax
✭✭✭
Fast travelling is a very important and convenient thing in any MMO with a large map and different regions and ESO is no exception. Wayshrines are a very interesting and somewhat lore friendly way to incorporate this mechanic, in my opinion this is a lot better than the usual "oh, he did the trip you just didn't see it as everything in between his departure and arrival was cut" since that can be the source of loads of questions, mostly time related. Every player in ESO will be using this system constantly, even new/lowlevel players/characters use it somewhat often (although less regularly), to prevent abuse it costs money but anyone with a guild or a hefty friends list can just teleport to someone in the location they wish to go to, and if no one is there simply travel to anyone and then from that way shrine travel to the one you want to go to. In the end the only people who have to pay for shrines are fresh new players and people who can afford it/ are to lazy to work around it.

Houses have many uses and purposes which I wont delve much into but basically many people spend a large amount of time in their house or someone else's. When it's finally time to leave the process of doing so is not as easy as it could be since there's no wayshrine at the home so either you leave (loading screen) and walk to the nearest shrine (time wasted + loading screen) or you find someone in your friends list/guild who is in the place you want to go (doesn't always happen) or have to travel twice (two loading screens again).

I understand this is an absolutely minor "complaint" and should be very low on anyone's priority but it would be nice to either see houses come with incorporated wayshrines or create placeable wayshrine items. For those worrying about lore issues, there are already some with the world wayshrines, but ignoring those there are possible ways to explain how a player would gain access to a wayshrine (wayshrines coming with houses would remove the lore problem)
PC/EU - This is a signature

Wayshrines in your home 149 votes

I would like to see this implemented. It's a small request for a small reward and I don't see why it should be postponed.
61%
Oakmontowls_ESOBowserMarginisrotaugen454DominoidAzuryaSpacegatostatic_rechargeKetarmishmingimingixenowarrior92eb17_ESOVhozekOmniDoGiraffonJeremyHidesFromSuntplink3r1SilverwillowThe_ShadowbornFlaminir 91 votes
I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented, however, there are many things that should have a higher priority.
24%
MisterBigglesworthBigBraggaubrey.baconb16_ESOfreespiritMitrengakimaerilTannus15AndyMacBouldercleaveReverbTheShadowScoutxXTomahawkXxraaphorPuzzlenutsWhite wabbitOrjixTheImperfectblkjagSshadowSscaleElectrone_Magnus 36 votes
I do not want this to be implemented.
14%
Gnatrakcorpsebladejircris11Jayne_DoeTandorTaleof2CitiesHvzedaEasily_LostHallothielzykJahneeOThe_Old_GoatmikemaconTragedyOAghastleySheepzykmcajwhitecrowGenjiraXMuzzick 22 votes
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented, however, there are many things that should have a higher priority.
    Not full wayshrined tho, since homes are already travel locations. But... a small travel shrive alcove... that lets you leave to fast travel without a loading screen in-between or the gold cost... that should be an option.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Not full wayshrined tho, since homes are already travel locations. But... a small travel shrive alcove... that lets you leave to fast travel without a loading screen in-between or the gold cost... that should be an option.

Homes are travel locations yet without a wayshrine there are no lore friendly explanations to how we just appear there. Having a wayshrine there would explain that but the primary advantage is that now you have as easy of a time getting out as you did getting in.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say that it would be great if those voting could also elaborate on their opinions with a reply, especially those who say know since I already exposed most of the benefits of implementing this.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see this implemented. It's a small request for a small reward and I don't see why it should be postponed.
    I only care because when leaving Cyrodiil, I can travel to any Wayshrine, but if I want to travel to my home I need to travel somewhere else first, then to my home.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have asked for this before. Getting to a wayshrine from some of the houses is very inconvenient. I wouldn't care if it was very expensive and crown store only. I would get it.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've already got the ability to go home from anywhere, not just from a wayshrine. Turning a home into a wayshrine is likely to end up with it being accessible from other wayshrines only.

Some of the homes have one just outside, and this idea devalues those, too.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you need a WS in your home? To give ZoS reason to remove the free traveling to it?
    Logic...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you need a WS in your home? To give ZoS reason to remove the free traveling to it?
    Logic...

I had not thought of that! Being able to freely travel there is more valuable to me so I would change my vote to a “no.”
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are sooo many awesome houses that I haven't bothered with because they're too far from wayshrines. I love the Psijic Villa but several loadscreens between that and a wayshrine is a deal breaker for me so it's sitting empty still.

I know you can jump to a guild member but I prefer wayshrines. I wouldn't even mind paying to travel out but even tho it's free to travel in (and the only practical way of getting there for some houses - I'm looking at you Psijic Villa!) it still counts for your quick travel timer, which makes it really expensive if you've only popped back to pick something up from storage or craft something.

It would be nice for all the houses to be usable rather than just a handful!
    PS4 EU
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Logic...

I explained all the advantages and others have been mentioned. Also nothing says ZoS would remove free traveling to it. Just like they didn't remove free travelling to other players.

You can say they would remove the free teleport to the house because from the house you can use a wayshrine to anywhere making the system easy to abuse but when you travel to another player you can do the exact same thing, this wouldn't even reduce the time it takes to do it. So they have really no reason to make it paid with the addition of wayshrines.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Logic...

I had not thought of that! Being able to freely travel there is more valuable to me so I would change my vote to a “no.”

Like I told @runkorkoeb17_ESO there's no reason they would remove it, it's not something you need to worry about.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I voted no since really, all that should happen is that we can port directly to any wayshrine from our house for free. Since we can already port to any wayshrine from our home with a gold fee, just simply eliminate the gold cost and done.

No need to try and sell us expensive wayshrines for 2500k or more in the CS (guessing on the cost, but you can sure bet that if they were to sell them, they wouldn't be cheap). Please, let's not give ZOS ideas on how to further squeeze money out of the housing community.

If the wayshrines were purchaseable for gold or writ vouchers, then yeah, ok. But absolutely not for crowns. If they would sell these for crowns, I'd just pay the gold cost to port directly to a wayshrine or do what I'm doing now, which usually involves an extra load screen.

ETA: If it were a COLLECTIBLE item that I could place in ALL of my homes, then I would consider purchasing one in the CS, but not multiples for all my homes.

But again, why not just eliminate the gold cost to port out to a wayshrine. We've already spent in-game gold or crowns on these homes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 11, 2019 8:39PM
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing generally could use some more utility imo, the storage addition has helped but right now they’re still mainly for decoration.

Edit: wrong vote fail lol - meant the top one.
    Edited by AndyMac on September 11, 2019 10:04PM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think yes, but it should be really expensive, like 20 million gold, or 20000 crowns, something like that. And require a long achievement and quest chain to unlock. This is also why I didnt vote, none of your poll options fit what I want. I dont just want it implemented to get easy peasy, which the poll options sounds like it would be.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on September 11, 2019 11:41PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would only have a positive effect on game performance. Players loading into crowded zones constantly only to immediately teleport out to their intended final destination is a waste of time and computing resources. It would be great to be able to wayshrine out of a house, just like our typical method of traveling into one.
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe after completing Cadwells gold you get an artifact that you can place in your primary residence that can act as a normal wayshrine.

• SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    I voted no because I think you have to make some effort. If there was a wayshrine in your home, the fast-travelling would effectively be free. Plus you sometimes get a few nice mats on your way from your home to the nearest wayshrine.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could be cool, maybe it could be used five times a day, or be a piece of furniture and as you complete a zone story you can teleport to that zones wayshrines?
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    I voted no because I think you have to make some effort. If there was a wayshrine in your home, the fast-travelling would effectively be free. Plus you sometimes get a few nice mats on your way from your home to the nearest wayshrine.

As I explained above this would not make fast travelling "effectively free" as the method used to exploit this into free traveling is already used with travelling to other players.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would rather see daily writ boards, writ drop off points and maybe remains silent in my homes first then sure stick a Wayshrine in for the outer hebrides houses
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes my insanity cannot be contained. Please read on.

I think it should be craftable. You should have to make five parts, one each from alchemy, blacksmithing, clothing, enchanting and woodworking. (Provisioning doesn't make sense for a wayshrine and you don't want to lock it behind a paywall, as in jewelry crafting. ) You then combine the five pieces with, say, 20 filled soul gems to create your wayshrine.

To make it even grindier, have the design for each type of part be the reward for a series of repeatable quests. You would also have to collect designs from the same style for the blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking pieces. The designs could drop in every style they have created for wayshrines.

Geez, ZOS would love that. I better get paid if they implement it that way.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the ability to travel between wayshrines for free already (something even some experienced players don't always seem to know about), plus the ability to travel free to your house, it doesn't seem to me to be remotely necessary for wayshrines to be provided in your house. It takes less time nowadays in my experience on PC EU and NA to enter and exit houses than when they were first introduced, and there are plenty that are bang on a wayshrine including, of course, the free inn room in Vulkhel Guard.

There simply isn't a need for this in my view, and I'm generally opposed to ideas that are designed to encourage more time in private instances and less time in the cities where new players need to see a vibrant population or they'll assume the game is dead and move on.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this. It's kind of a no-brainer to me. OP already touched on the reasons and I agree.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aren't wayshrines supposed to be some ancient thing that no one knows how they got there or how they work? It doesn't make sense that you could get one for your home.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Aren't wayshrines supposed to be some ancient thing that no one knows how they got there or how they work? It doesn't make sense that you could get one for your home.

You're also supposed to only be able to travel through them because you have no soul and yet 90% of players have gotten their soul back through the main questline and still travel through them on a daily basis.

There are many ways to justify the existence of a placeable wayshrine, like I said in my original post of they came with the houses already then that would justify it because they were simply "built near an already existing wayshrine" it's also not impossible that you'd find in your adventures someone/something that knows how they were built be it a ghost or even a superior entity. You are a god-defeater with a seemingly infinite list of relevant achievements afterall.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Given the ability to travel between wayshrines for free already (something even some experienced players don't always seem to know about), plus the ability to travel free to your house, it doesn't seem to me to be remotely necessary for wayshrines to be provided in your house. It takes less time nowadays in my experience on PC EU and NA to enter and exit houses than when they were first introduced, and there are plenty that are bang on a wayshrine including, of course, the free inn room in Vulkhel Guard.

There simply isn't a need for this in my view, and I'm generally opposed to ideas that are designed to encourage more time in private instances and less time in the cities where new players need to see a vibrant population or they'll assume the game is dead and move on.

Since most people leave their homes to go to a city the possibility to do it without an extra loading screen and without having to walk (through empty map areas) to the nearest wayshrine actually increases the time people spend in major cities since it reduces the time it takes to get there.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

Nothing stopping you from moving into an ancient site or building a home around one. Especially in a video game.

On topic. It would be super convenient.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partomax wrote: »
    Fast travelling is a very important and convenient thing in any MMO with a large map and different regions and ESO is no exception. Wayshrines are a very interesting and somewhat lore friendly way to incorporate this mechanic, in my opinion this is a lot better than the usual "oh, he did the trip you just didn't see it as everything in between his departure and arrival was cut" since that can be the source of loads of questions, mostly time related. Every player in ESO will be using this system constantly, even new/lowlevel players/characters use it somewhat often (although less regularly), to prevent abuse it costs money but anyone with a guild or a hefty friends list can just teleport to someone in the location they wish to go to, and if no one is there simply travel to anyone and then from that way shrine travel to the one you want to go to. In the end the only people who have to pay for shrines are fresh new players and people who can afford it/ are to lazy to work around it.

Houses have many uses and purposes which I wont delve much into but basically many people spend a large amount of time in their house or someone else's. When it's finally time to leave the process of doing so is not as easy as it could be since there's no wayshrine at the home so either you leave (loading screen) and walk to the nearest shrine (time wasted + loading screen) or you find someone in your friends list/guild who is in the place you want to go (doesn't always happen) or have to travel twice (two loading screens again).

I understand this is an absolutely minor "complaint" and should be very low on anyone's priority but it would be nice to either see houses come with incorporated wayshrines or create placeable wayshrine items. For those worrying about lore issues, there are already some with the world wayshrines, but ignoring those there are possible ways to explain how a player would gain access to a wayshrine (wayshrines coming with houses would remove the lore problem)

You're right when you say it's a "minor" complaint. But I'm still with you on this.

This game has considerable load screens and it would be nice if we could go to and from our house without having to endure an additional load screen in the process.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS isn’t going to give up the port from housing gold sink anytime soon, @Partomax. Sorry.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS isn’t going to give up the port from housing gold sink anytime soon, @Partomax. Sorry.

That's not really an argument against it though