Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Character Killed Herself

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    I posted about this back in April but got no response from Zos and didn't have the means to upload and share the video. While walking around in Malabal Tor, I came across two trash adds. hit them once and my character locks up, hovers in the air, takes out a knife and then kills herself. Now you can watch it for yourself and let me know what you think. Was this a Game Master? Notice, the Necromancy Synergy Kill Self in the recap does not say who it came from while everything else shows the add who fired the attack. Never seen anything like this. Was just looking for an enchanting survey.

Edit for context: I was in a party with my friend. I told him what happened and he said the move that killed me sounded like something a GM would use. That's why I was talking to the ghost lol. Would really like to figure out what happened here. @ZOS_GinaBruno

[url="http://"]https://youtu.be/eHMFTpEk094[/url]

Wow! Someone at ZOS must love Dragon's Dogma as much as I do! O.O
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually love a skill that uses that animation...ending is a bit on the...well not ‘permanent’ (this is a game after all) but it’s still a bit final...would be terrible for raids...

Maybe become a ghost then ‘come back to life’ after a timer, restored?
  • Zombabe1
    Zombabe1
    ✭✭✭
    This looks so cool!!
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saelent wrote: »
    I would actually love a skill that uses that animation...ending is a bit on the...well not ‘permanent’ (this is a game after all) but it’s still a bit final...would be terrible for raids...

Maybe become a ghost then ‘come back to life’ after a timer, restored?

That would be an amazing transformation animation for the bone colossus ult tbh.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wtf yo! Ok THAT was cool crazy!
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I want to be able to use that synergy on other players in PvP ...
    w00t.gif

Yeah, if we can get this rollin in BGs it'll be totally worth the original $40 price tag.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need this video every time the combat team comes up with a “great idea”
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My best guess is that somehow when you were attacking them, some part of the game decided that your character was the npc that you displaced and it then triggered what would normally be an NPC only animation/death.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So weird! Love it!
    I really hope this thread gets a reply from ZOS... I need answers! LOL
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best thread and OP in a long time :) You committed sudoku in the middle of combat.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally a difficult overland enemy. Would love to see the occasional threat like that in overland zones.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a really nice death. I wish NPC's would use more abilities like that. Your meager 10k health pool just wasnt enough to face the wrath of the necromancers.

Dont know why you think this would be a GM? Just looks like an awesome NPC ability, cudos to Zos for actually doing something like this.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on September 11, 2019 11:49PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected it to be funny based on the comments but I didn’t expect it to be that funny! That is effing hilarious.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You committed sudoku in the middle of combat.

Actually, I think it was poker...
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    You committed sudoku in the middle of combat.

Actually, I think it was poker...

lul :D
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thread and OP in a long time :) You committed sudoku in the middle of combat.

Don’t you mean seppuku? And actually that requires an assistant to cut your head off putting you out of your misery. This would technically be harakiri although that requires a horrible horizontal and vertical slice and not just a stab.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Don’t you mean seppuku? And actually that requires an assistant to cut your head off putting you out of your misery. This would technically be harakiri although that requires a horrible horizontal and vertical slice and not just a stab.

5Su7JqL.jpg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

5Su7JqL.jpg

:D:D I missed that.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap...someone has to speak up and clarify what the hell I just saw. A CM, a dev, hell, I'd even take a mod explanation.

This is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen!
    Edited by Kel on September 12, 2019 4:59AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I’m fond of the GM godmode theory—much more fun than a bug.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    pretty similar with dizzy + onslaught
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's interesting. Is it well-reproducible?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    That's interesting. Is it well-reproducible?

I've gone back there and it hasn't happened again yet.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friend should have did the group cleanse debuff skill, "Westley/Dread Pirate Roberts prevent suicide".
    3e6f3cf14f0a36225495d965c7680250--inigo-montoya-morning-wood.jpg
    Master Craftsman!
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a pretty cool bug, LOL.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    I posted about this back in April but got no response from Zos and didn't have the means to upload and share the video. While walking around in Malabal Tor, I came across two trash adds. hit them once and my character locks up, hovers in the air, takes out a knife and then kills herself. Now you can watch it for yourself and let me know what you think. Was this a Game Master? Notice, the Necromancy Synergy Kill Self in the recap does not say who it came from while everything else shows the add who fired the attack. Never seen anything like this. Was just looking for an enchanting survey.

Edit for context: I was in a party with my friend. I told him what happened and he said the move that killed me sounded like something a GM would use. That's why I was talking to the ghost lol. Would really like to figure out what happened here. @ZOS_GinaBruno

[url="http://&quot;]https://youtu.be/eHMFTpEk094[/url]

Probably had an NPC necro in the area.. and something messed up lol...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I freaking love it
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was the best thing i have ever seen, They must do an attack that is not targeted on themselves, and u just happen to be there.... wtg!
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating, never seen that before, I can't find any other reference to it online either. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any feedback on what causes this, is it a bug, or intended?
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy NPC. That happened on 1st april. Now it is 12th september and still pondering ? Want to get a mail from Zeni ?

elderscrolls-eso3-696x229.jpg
    Edited by mague on September 13, 2019 6:49AM